The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 30 March 2024, 01:49 AM   #1
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

OCROLEXGUY goes above and beyond

I posted a couple months ago about a great transaction with Patrick aka OCROLEXGUY. His communication and responsiveness were top notch and I had my watch the next day in perfect condition. As part of a larger collection I've only worn it 4-5 times and when I went to put it on last week it wouldn't start. It is a manual wind Panerai from 2008 with an unknown service history. It seemed pretty clear that the mainspring had broken. These things happen.

I contacted Patrick and let him know upfront that I was in no way upset with him and that I understood such an older watch would be "as is". I simply asked if he had a recommendation for a good watchmaker who I could send it to at my expense. Externally the watch was in mint condition and I didn't want anybody to mistreat it. Patrick wrote back immediately and said he warrants timekeeping for a year and asked if I could ship it the next day - prepaid by him. I was shocked to be honest. I had given him every opportunity to not be on the hook for this. But he stepped up. Even more shocking was that it was back in my hands only 72 hours later, fully repaired, ready to wear, and it didn't cost me a penny.

Keep in mind this is a sub $5k watch. I don't think I could expect a greater level of white glove service had I bought a $100k watch directly from a boutique. They say you can only really judge a business by how it deals with problems. Well, in this case I wouldn't even consider it to be his problem and yet he still stepped up and completely exceeded my expectations.

Thank you Patrick!

TL;DR - OCROLEXGUY is a highly, highly recommended seller who really takes care of his customers!!
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote