The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 August 2010, 02:50 PM   #1
Remedy1

Watch: Yachtmaster
What did I do?

I joined this forum because I was looking for a community committed to the buy/sell/trade/and love of rolex watches. I own 2 rolex's. A 2003 Yachtmaster and a 2008 Milguass. I was given my first Rolex from the company I previously worked for as an award and later bought my second. I have since left that company and opened my own pawn shop in Palm Bay Florida. You don't see alot of Rolexes in this part of the state but was fortunate enough to come across a vintage 1680 "red" a few weeks ago. At the time I thought I was buying a really old and in rough condition Sub. I didn't pay very much for it. After a little research I found that it was a highly desired watch. In the past I only sold rolexes on Ebay as the market I am from is very difficult to sell them. After seeing the desirability of this model I joined this forum to take advantage of the available expertise it provides. I posted a thread and eventualy mentioned that I would like to sell it and now my post seems to have been deleted. Apparently I must have violated some sort of forum rule. That was not my intent. I read the "selling rules" that state that the forum is not meant to be used for "commercial" purposes but I have noticed that the site seems to be a hotbed of people buying and selling Rolexes. In fact from my estimation some of the most esteemed forum members seem to be purely Rolex dealers as well as enthusiasts.

If I offended anyone I apologize, but my intent was to simply gain knowledge of the watch that I had and to determine a fair value for it.

Any info on why my post may have been removed would be much appreciated.
Remedy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2010, 02:56 PM   #2
Speed
"TRF" Member

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it!

It may have appeared that you were trying to generate interest in your watch / and you were trying to actually "sell" it without the requisite number of posts etc.

That's my guess anyway. In the past, there have been some scams which started off in this fashion.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2010, 03:00 PM   #3
sakuraba
"TRF" Member

Watch: sun dial
FWIW I thought you have a great Red Sub.

I guess it was closed for the reason Bill states above.

We've had a lot of new members start out that way, asking about watch value, and then implying an intent to sell.

No worries. Just accrue the necessary days and posts (16) and sell the watch in the classifieds.
T 16600 SD
D 16610 LV

"fine quality is remembered long after the pain of spending money" -Steve Mulholland
sakuraba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2010, 03:03 PM   #4
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=8936
Read post 4(II).......

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2010, 03:09 PM   #5
Remedy1

Thanks for the feedback. While I do intend to take advantage of this site as an opportunity to showcase the watches I have for sale, I will be sure to wait the required time frame needed before I do so and do so in the corect forum.
I appreciate the help.

Erik
Old 14 August 2010, 03:11 PM   #6
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remedy1 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. While I do intend to take advantage of this site as an opportunity to showcase the watches I have for sale, I will be sure to wait the required time frame needed before I do so and do so in the corect forum.
I appreciate the help.

Erik
Good to hear Eric........Join the family first!!

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2010, 03:34 PM   #7
Joey_V
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub 16610 M
Agreed. Join the family first, build trust and you will sell your watch for more than otherwise.

Current Rotation: Rolex Submariner Date (M) - 1/08, Rolex Milgauss GV (V) - 2/10, Rolex SS Black Daytona (V) - 6/10, Rolex GMTIIC (G) - 5/11, TAG Heuer Silverstone (286/1860) - 1/2015
Former-watches: Omega PO/2535.80/2254, TAG Carrera/F1x2/Monaco, Panerai 312K/292L
Wish List: Panerai 270/505, Rolex SMURF, Rolex RG Daytona, Rolex DSSD
Joey_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2010, 03:56 PM   #8
DCgator
"TRF" Member

Watch: DS,BLNR,SubLV,DJ2
Icon6

It's a good sign Erik.... being candid and straight forward with your intentions.
DCgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2010, 04:47 PM   #9
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
I did the exact same thing. I purchased an old 5508, and found this site while investigating. Of course it wasn't my grail watch. Hell, I didn't know much about it.

There are plenty of people who join only to sell a watch, and never stick around. We have a close community, and that serves as protection. It also confuses newer members. I was there, and had to talk to a few guys before I understood the dynamics.

Your presence is wanted here, and were excited to have a fellow watch enthusiast who may have found a great watch. I would suggest enjoying the forums, and doing exactly what you did. You introduced yourself, and shared your story with us.

Hang around, and hold onto the watch. There may be a person who is interested, but that will come in time. This is the place to be with a vintage Double Red. The guys here have great knowledge, and will be more than happy to share.
ParisDakarBmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2010, 06:25 PM   #10
Sunshine
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116400GV
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDakarBmw View Post
I did the exact same thing. I purchased an old 5508, and found this site while investigating. Of course it wasn't my grail watch. Hell, I didn't know much about it.

There are plenty of people who join only to sell a watch, and never stick around. We have a close community, and that serves as protection. It also confuses newer members. I was there, and had to talk to a few guys before I understood the dynamics.

Your presence is wanted here, and were excited to have a fellow watch enthusiast who may have found a great watch. I would suggest enjoying the forums, and doing exactly what you did. You introduced yourself, and shared your story with us.

Hang around, and hold onto the watch. There may be a person who is interested, but that will come in time. This is the place to be with a vintage Double Red. The guys here have great knowledge, and will be more than happy to share.

Hey neighbor, I live in Bethlehem.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2010, 12:01 AM   #11
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

What you didn't do.

READ THE RULES.
Old 15 August 2010, 12:14 AM   #12
paverman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Welcome and enjoy the forum.
paverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2010, 12:46 AM   #13
Remedy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
What you didn't do.

READ THE RULES.
I did read the rules. The thread in question never directly stated that I was seliing the watch. I did not offer it for sale at any point. I simply was inquiring about its possible value and opinions on condition from those more knowledgable than me. I also asked about what selling fromats were avialble on "TRF". I knew that I could not sell for 16 days/16 posts.

I appreciate all the positive responses and even understand those who may take there watch habit a little too seriously.
Old 15 August 2010, 12:57 AM   #14
OTE200
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14270 Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remedy1 View Post
I did read the rules. The thread in question never directly stated that I was seliing the watch. I did not offer it for sale at any point. I simply was inquiring about its possible value and opinions on condition from those more knowledgable than me. I also asked about what selling fromats were avialble on "TRF". I knew that I could not sell for 16 days/16 posts.

I appreciate all the positive responses and even understand those who may take there watch habit a little too seriously.
Welcome to TRF.

While your post may not have said it directly, it was perhaps "inferred", which is still a contravention of the rules. Oh well, we all live and learn.

Enjoy the rest of your time here.
OTE200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2010, 12:58 AM   #15
Remedy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTE200 View Post
Welcome to TRF.

While your post may not have said it directly, it was perhaps "inferred", which is still a contravention of the rules. Oh well, we all live and learn.

Enjoy the rest of your time here.

Thank You
Old 15 August 2010, 01:12 AM   #16
Idle Swede
Suspended

Welcome to the forum and keep on posting.

Idle Swede is offline   Reply With Quote