The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 March 2024, 04:38 PM   #61
Big Kahuna 0311
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Pelagos
I was just at Mayors and Underwood this weekend. Beth at Mayors was great and she did say that Rolex will be at their new remodeled location but didn’t say when that would be. Sarah at Underwood was great to talk to but as I was just visiting the area she informed me that the wait time was in the 2-3 year range.
Big Kahuna 0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 10:21 PM   #62
saywhat44
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by casadecamporolex View Post
Another side note concerning Underwood Jewelers.
The owners of this business are the Bromberg family, who currently have 2 fine jewelry locations in Birmingham Alabama. The Underwood operation is run by Clayton Bromberg and the relationship this family has with Rolex is fairly secure.
I’d say Mayors would be gone long before Underwood’s.
After reading this I googled him and found an interview he did in 2014 for the Jax Daily. He seems like a really interesting guy.
saywhat44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 10:53 PM   #63
saywhat44
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywhat44 View Post
I was at Underwoods in PV about a month ago for the first time. My SA couldn't have been more pleasant. It was my first time in there and he was amazing. I was with my wife and kids at the time. I honestly was astounded with how nice he was to not only me but to my family. I have been to Mayors at Town Center in the past and just felt like they couldn't be bothered. It certainly wasn't a warm and welcoming vibe. I believe I remember seeing an article that they expect the renovation to be done in fall of 2024 (I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that is what is said). So I imagine they'll get their AD designation back in for 2025. I already have a plan on buying several different Rolexes for myself and since we got home that day my wife now wants one too. I would personally rather wait an extra year and buy from Underwoods. That is just me I am not saying there is anything wrong with Mayors. I just really appreciated how we were treated at Underwoods.
My SA at Underwoods was Scott btw.
Old 26 March 2024, 11:25 PM   #64
casadecamporolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619LB
A unique guy and amazing family

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywhat44 View Post
After reading this I googled him and found an interview he did in 2014 for the Jax Daily. He seems like a really interesting guy.
I’ve had the unique pleasure to know Clayton and his Dad, Frank. Did you see he was originally a professional rodeo competitor?
I also knew the original owner of Underwood’s, named Herb Underwood.
As fine a jewelry business in the USA in terms of professionalism, integrity and community involvement.
Proximity to TPC Sawgrass pretty significant for me.
casadecamporolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 11:43 PM   #65
saywhat44
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by casadecamporolex View Post
I’ve had the unique pleasure to know Clayton and his Dad, Frank. Did you see he was originally a professional rodeo competitor?
I also knew the original owner of Underwood’s, named Herb Underwood.
As fine a jewelry business in the USA in terms of professionalism, integrity and community involvement.
Proximity to TPC Sawgrass pretty significant for me.
Yes as soon as he said when he was attending Auburn and on their rodeo team I let out an audible shocked "woah" was hooked for the rest of the article. The piece was such a basic vanilla Q&A but his answers were so full of character. Fascinating guy. I am glad you mentioned Herb Underwood because I did enjoy the part where he mentioned that Herb would make himself available for him anytime he had any questions.
Old 27 March 2024, 12:49 AM   #66
~Ocho1~
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kahuna 0311 View Post
I was just at Mayors and Underwood this weekend. Beth at Mayors was great and she did say that Rolex will be at their new remodeled location but didn’t say when that would be. Sarah at Underwood was great to talk to but as I was just visiting the area she informed me that the wait time was in the 2-3 year range.
Sarah is great! I bought my BB58 from her a couple years ago & after a phone call on a Friday, I told her I would probably drive up on Saturday (I live in the Orlando area) & when I called her on Saturday to confirm she still had it, she actually had it hidden in her desk!

Great service & pleasant conversation. She let me try on all the Tudors they had.

Unfortunately when I called her last year to inquire about a DJ she said Rolex was being really strict & I had to go through one of my local AD's, which all suck!
~Ocho1~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2024, 01:23 AM   #67
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
I have been in that location many many times. Today in fact. I have never seen more than one security gaurd . Always off to the side and discreet.
I think I heard they reserve you a special parking spot Michelle
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2024, 07:52 AM   #68
Dawgprint
"TRF" Member

Mayors is now in a new location in Town Center. Their old location is stripped to the studs.
Only inventory is Breitling. Very nice lady told me they are building out and won’t have Rolex until the build is complete. It appears it’s going to be a while.
Dawgprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2024, 11:12 AM   #69
Afterglow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blancpain FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgprint View Post
Mayors is now in a new location in Town Center. Their old location is stripped to the studs.
Only inventory is Breitling. Very nice lady told me they are building out and won’t have Rolex until the build is complete. It appears it’s going to be a while.
I live in Boca Raton. Their (Mayors) Rolex display went from a traditional in store section to a major build out adjacent to the existing location. The build out had to cost millions. The entire build out is Rolex only. So.... we have a Rolex shrine, security guard, exhibition pieces and no inventory. Awesome.

I think being a Rolex AD these days must be a nightmare. Being a loyal customer sure is.
Old 20 April 2024, 03:06 AM   #70
WatchCrown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgprint View Post
I was there this week. Stripped to the studs is putting it nicely lol. The old store is literally down to just the steel frame. You can literally see the sky through it looking from the sidewalk.

I went in the temp store. Its much smaller….possibly why they are not able to carry Rolex. They had Tudor, Breitling, Omega, and Grand Seiko. Possibly Tag, but I can’t recall for sure. The nice lady that I spoke with said they would be in the new store next year and will have Rolex. Rolex banners and verbiage about a Rolex Showroom on the building under construction lead me to believe they will have Rolex.
WatchCrown is offline   Reply With Quote