The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 June 2008, 07:19 AM   #31
scottschoe
"TRF" Member

June 1 service price increase (from TZ):

"All Steel and Steel & Gold Oyster Models $555
Steel Daytona $750
Oyster Quartz $750
Manual Wind & Dress $450

18K and Platinum Oyster Models $750
Precious Metal Daytona $945

Plus about a 25% increase in parts costs.
Gents Sapph Crystal is $135"
Old 5 June 2008, 07:30 AM   #32
Earl Camembert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottschoe View Post
June 1 service price increase (from TZ):

"All Steel and Steel & Gold Oyster Models $555
Steel Daytona $750
Oyster Quartz $750
Manual Wind & Dress $450

18K and Platinum Oyster Models $750
Precious Metal Daytona $945

Plus about a 25% increase in parts costs.
Gents Sapph Crystal is $135"
Those prices are more then just a cleaning, adjusting and testing. It includes making the outside like new condition. I for one don't care about that as doing so removes material form the bracelet and case. Of course Rolex will not do what the customer wants, Rolex only does what Rolex wants.
Earl Camembert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2013, 07:10 PM   #33
mcas2012
"TRF" Member

There are many watch companies offering service and maintenance for Rolex in the UK. Is it advisable to go to authorised Rolex resellers or does this not make much difference?
mcas2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2013, 12:31 AM   #34
legend9999
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116333
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcas2012 View Post
There are many watch companies offering service and maintenance for Rolex in the UK. Is it advisable to go to authorised Rolex resellers or does this not make much difference?
I'm also curious with this as the Dealer i got my Rolex from recently lost their Rolex Dealership...
legend9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2013, 12:37 AM   #35
SUBversive
Banned

Watch: Sun Dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by butlersl View Post
I have sent two different watches to RSC-NY, a Submariner ("A" model) and a Datejust ("L" model"), and the prices, including return S&H, were around $500 for the Sub and around $650 for the DJ. Both of them had the "usual" things: Clean & oil, replace crown tube, pressure test, polish (no charge.... :-) ), measure timekeeping, etc. The DJ needed a new crown and new crystal ($90) - the old one was chipped, but other than that the price seemed comparable considering the DJ is from 1990.

While I'm waiting on the return of the DJ, I was very pleased with the work on the Sub. Not only do you get official factory service, but you get verification that everything on your watch is authentic and all parts match, you get a one year factory warranty, you get "paperwork" that can assist if you ever want to sell, and it comes back looking like new.

As an aside, the service estimate provided lists all the recommended things that need to be serviced. On the DJ, the estimate said "worn caseback sticker" or something to that effect. The watch has the remnants of the green sticker, so I am wondering what will they typically do? Leave it alone? Remove it and send it back? Replace it? Just curious...

Rsc ny took my sticker off. Agree was very happy with their work. Ad here shipped it to them for me also saving me that chore
SUBversive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2013, 01:42 PM   #36
jmaraneta@gmail.com
"TRF" Member

Hello I have a president day date which was in storage for 10 years ++. Should I have it serviced? RSC recommended that it be serviced.

Unsure
jmaraneta@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2013, 01:46 PM   #37
Marrk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Yes.
Marrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2014, 12:06 PM   #38
Ding174
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS SUB
1987 Rolex SS sub service

Had mine serviced in 2014 at Rolex at the Wynn Resort in Las Vegas where I live.
The resident Rolex watch maker is Luis and he personally came and talked to me about the cost of the service what it would entail and how long it would take and the price was 760 USD
I asked him not to replace the original dial since it witnessed my marriage and the birth of my two sons and all the evil and goodness that 25 years of law enforcement work has exposed it to. It has also showed the time in four continents and numerous time zones. I also asked him not to polish the case or bracelet since it gave my sub wabi and character and I didn't want any of the luck "rubbing off". Product support and customer service at this Rolex center is second to none and I've been to quite a few worldwide. And their selection is above par. If your ever in Vegas give the center a visit and ask for Luis.
Ding174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2015, 02:03 AM   #39
DateJustEnough
Banned

Watch: DateJust
Yes Las Vegas and Rolex are two things that fit together well.......
DateJustEnough is offline   Reply With Quote