The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 4 January 2024, 08:14 AM   #61
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexRV View Post
Dear mods,

May I know why has he been banned?
I hope you tried harder to make contact with your bankers than the TRF moderators.
Old 4 January 2024, 08:21 AM   #62
Xky
"TRF" Member

Hopefully people reading this will be more careful who they buy watches from on TRF.

Seasoned users who know who’s who and know who to trust are knowledgeable.

It just seems way too easy for a scammer to list a watch on The Rolex Forum to scam unsuspecting inexperienced people looking for a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Xky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 08:21 AM   #63
youneswatches
Banned

Watch: 124060
Sorry to hear about this
youneswatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 08:21 AM   #64
Colorado_kid
2024 Pledge Member

He was selling these other watches as well?

Colorado_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 08:27 AM   #65
Xky
"TRF" Member

Will the TRF moderators say anything about this? Do they have too? Would be nice to hear what they have to say about this and the others that have been scammed on here.

Xky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 08:29 AM   #66
S2000_driver
"TRF" Member

I hope you get your watch or your money back.

There are some really awful people out there ruining it for everyone else...
S2000_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 08:42 AM   #67
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
I’m very sorry to hear about this. By chance did this guy say he was in California?

The screen name rings a bell for me. About a year ago I contacted somebody from the Rolex classifieds section about a blue SkyDweller. Everything seemed in order, but then I said I would only do this via a middleman because this was not somebody that I had ever heard of or dealt with on the forum. It was at that point that he flaked and I never heard anything further from him.

I am not certain this is the same person, but you simply can’t trust anyone unfortunately. If I don’t know you, or a reputable person/dealer is not vouching on your behalf, there is no way I would wire a dime to anyone. Please use a middleman or just look elsewhere.

Old 4 January 2024, 08:46 AM   #68
Alfa2109
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16500LN White Dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OG Beef View Post
The bank will be of no help. Wired and it’s gone. Technically there is no fraudulent transaction. The buyer voluntarily sent funds from his account to another. Sorry to say, but there is no recourse.

Not exactly. Simply that someone “voluntarily” sends money to someone doesn’t mean there’s no fraud. I’d that were true, most fraud would be legal. The fraud comes in the inducement of the person making payment. And the listing clearly was designed to induce someone like OP to make payment.

But I agree, OP, that it’s premature to conclude you’ve been scammed for sure. Getting banned doesn’t necessarily mean you’re a scumbag, never mind a crook. I’d do as others have suggested: write, call or otherwise try to contact the seller in any way you can to find out if s/he’s going to fulfill the order. If you get blown off or stonewalled or if s/he blows smoke up your dress and you don’t get the watch, the FBI has a cybercrime division, which has an “Internet Crime Complaint Center” (or “IC3”), that your national law authorities can call on for assistance. https://www.ic3.gov/. I was scammed once in a watch purchase, and they got every dollar back for me.

6329, 6175, 116506, 326934 (blue), 126719BLRO (meteorite), 1803 (coral stella), AP 26860ST (blue)
Alfa2109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 08:50 AM   #69
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Yes a private seller. I was confident because he was here, but when today I saw he has been just banned..
His being here really means nothing as to his being an honest seller and identities can be compromised or stolen. It is vital to research private sellers through numerous third parties who know them personally and can vouch for them. Then unless you're absolutely comfortable with the person and the watch, pass on the deal.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 08:54 AM   #70
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado_kid View Post

He was selling these other watches as well?

13K for a Moser PC Endeavor is crazy low and a huge red flag. MSRP is about 75K now.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 09:43 AM   #71
jlovda
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513,1675,216570
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I almost got fooled bigtime once but FedEx was able to stop the shipment before delivery.

Good luck.
jlovda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 11:21 AM   #72
BDII
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 126710 BLRO
Unfortunately this happened to me as well on here. Seller had many references that even lined up with their place of employment (I checked the websites associated with work emails)

These cats are doing the detail work. My policy is not never bankwire unless I know them. Learned the hard way as well.

Sorry this happened to you.
BDII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 11:22 AM   #73
Patekfinder
Banned

I have been scammed please HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDII View Post
Unfortunately this happened to me as well on here. Seller had many references that even lined up with their place of employment (I checked the websites associated with work emails)

These cats are doing the detail work. My policy is not never bankwire unless I know them. Learned the hard way as well.

The only safe way I will buy from a private seller is Chrono24 or PayPal and I have no problem adding 3% to cover the fees for the peace of mind and protection.

Patekfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 11:27 AM   #74
KY..
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 60s to 90s
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlovda View Post
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I almost got fooled bigtime once but FedEx was able to stop the shipment before delivery.

Good luck.
Same thing happened with me as the seller sent an empty box from Canada to US and FedEx/customs saved my bacon by calling me to find out what was supposed to be in the box.
Old 4 January 2024, 11:52 AM   #75
TickTockChuck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OG Beef View Post
Not enough info here to make sound advice/judgements. That said, once you wire money it’s gone - zero chance of retrieval. Also, since you voluntarily sent the money, there is little the police can/will do.

My thoughts too. Shouldn't rush to judgement. At the same time wiring that much money anywhere is so risky, especially private sales. There must be an escrow service for this?

It's funny how the buyer takes the brunt of the risk. Reminds me of when I bought some hifi equipment privately years ago and the seller shipped it before I had a chance to pay. When I asked him why, he said it seemed unfair for the buyer to take the risk all the time. I found that intriguing, but never had a repeat of that.

Good luck to the OP all the same.
TickTockChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 12:02 PM   #76
Bmats
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDII View Post

So wait, they spoofed the website for emails? Or did someone still the user?
Bmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 12:57 PM   #77
Notimetodie
"TRF" Member

Other than being banned, which could be for many things, why do we assume the guy is a fraud? Apologies if I missed this scrolling through the 3 pages of alleged international wire fraud.
Notimetodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 01:06 PM   #78
MrLemon
"TRF" Member

I almost get scammed here in the Forum 2 times.
so I told myself ,never buy from the sellers in here.
They have very strong "background", talks like gentlemen ....
MrLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 02:24 PM   #79
Travis29
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV / BLNR
There’s a lot of TRF accounts that have been hacked acting as someone else.

I’ve personally reached out to multiple batgirl sellers and they were all bogus. Would not provide their id, refused to use escrow, or FaceTime with watch in hand. Gave fake references or IDs. Shit is the wild west in the classifieds section here.

Scammers;
Mike I
Tenementhall
Travis29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 02:54 PM   #80
Lawman77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis29 View Post

I’ve personally reached out to multiple batgirl sellers and they were all bogus. Would not provide their id, refused to use escrow, or FaceTime with watch in hand. Gave fake references or IDs. Shit is the wild west in the classifieds section here.

Scammers;
Mike I
Tenementhall
I completed a successful transaction with Tenementhall in June 2023 and even posted pics of the watch. I wonder if his acct was hacked….
Lawman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 03:40 PM   #81
Solo118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawman77 View Post
I completed a successful transaction with Tenementhall in June 2023 and even posted pics of the watch. I wonder if his acct was hacked….
Very possible, as the username OP mentioned honestly rings a bell as a normal poster

Myself I have been hacked, but no funky business happened as I caught it pretty quickly (this was 4-5 years ago)
Solo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 03:47 PM   #82
Mountain66
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear this, best of luck trying to resolve.
Mountain66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 03:52 PM   #83
hojlund
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis29 View Post

Scammers;
Mike I
Tenementhall
lots of trf accounts were hacked! that's scary, I won't feel comfortable doing watch trade here.
hojlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 04:08 PM   #84
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
There’s a Sticky at the top of this forum entitled Personal Message Scam, I advise you all to read it.
What has happened for years is a TRF member will send you a PM inquiring about a sale, or asking you something about what you’ve posted. The URL to reply looks legit but it requires you to sign in even if you’re already logged in somewhere else. So not really “hacked” but instead giving your login to an imposter who quickly posts sales using your good reputation.
The alleged seller ID can be banned for many infractions but also shut down if a scam has been reported to keep anyone else from becominga victim.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 07:03 PM   #85
rolexRV
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1680
The seller answered when I told him we were discussing about it here and we could tag his data.

He states he was banned "for having used such word on a member on the forum, it was a heated conversation".

My red flag was that he was banned but nobody (MODs please) can confirm if this was really the reason or he scammed someone.

It is good that he answered, I would say a scammer would have disappeared. Now he says he would send the watch but I rejected it. As soon nobody knows if this guy scammed someone else I do not feel confident with the trade. He is not part of the forum anymore. I fear to get an empty box.

I told him to wire the funds back asap. He told me he would do it yesterday after work. He did not and today I sent him another email. He told me he had no time and he will do it today.

A TRF membe sent me a PM offering his help to start any legal action. I really appreciate it. If the seller does not wire the fund today I wish he can help me to report a file.

Keep you updated. Thanks for your support
rolexRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 07:25 PM   #86
londondude
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The seller answered when I told him we were discussing about it here and we could tag his data.

He states he was banned "for having used such word on a member on the forum, it was a heated conversation".

My red flag was that he was banned but nobody (MODs please) can confirm if this was really the reason or he scammed someone.

It is good that he answered, I would say a scammer would have disappeared. Now he says he would send the watch but I rejected it. As soon nobody knows if this guy scammed someone else I do not feel confident with the trade. He is not part of the forum anymore. I fear to get an empty box.

I told him to wire the funds back asap. He told me he would do it yesterday after work. He did not and today I sent him another email. He told me he had no time and he will do it today.

A TRF membe sent me a PM offering his help to start any legal action. I really appreciate it. If the seller does not wire the fund today I wish he can help me to report a file.

This is very positive I think. Hopefully you’ll get your money back!
londondude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 07:33 PM   #87
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Excellent, the seller is replying to your messages. I hope you get your money back soon, OP.
alphadweller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 07:35 PM   #88
teabags001
Banned

Watch: DD40, hulk, Dayton
Quote:

I’m sorry but that wire isn’t coming. I would have had him send the watch which probably doesn’t exist. But you would have further proof on your end as you could record you opening it from sender. If it’s nothing in there or a fake watch I think there would be additional charges you could possibly bring.

teabags001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 07:36 PM   #89
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

I also think you will get your money back. There would be no reason for him to continue contact with you if his intent was to take your money.
waterman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2024, 07:39 PM   #90
Tambo19
Banned

This is very sad, i think you should keep contacting him.
Tambo19 is offline   Reply With Quote