The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 21 January 2024, 07:04 AM   #1
Modiferous
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeray View Post
So he went as far as having me send the watch to the provided address. Turns out, the address he provided wasn't his at all. It actually belonged to another member of this forum that was close to falling victim himself. He luckily backed out last minute but not before providing his address. So for some reason, that was the address "Greg Dolley" decided to have me send the watch. Very odd, as I really don't understand what there was to gain from that.
Whatever that Omega Seamaster 300M was worth, the scammer must have "sold" it to wherever you were shipping, expecting the recipient to wire him some money. Or maybe your watch was part of what the scammer was purporting to trade to the recipient as part of some package scam deal.

Once I was dealing with an individual for purchase of a very expensive Rolex, and I asked for some verification information such as the factory papers for the watch. This was a little while back when FAXes were still in somewhat common use but there weren't any free online FAX services yet. I got a call from a well known dealer from whom I had bought several watches, who recognized my FAX number - the scammer had contacted the dealer and asked him to FAX the paperwork to "him." Now, that's a pretty lazy scammer he should have at least had it FAXed to him and then re-FAXed to me, but he probably didn't even have a FAX machine or didn't want to give up his landline number.
This was the form of scam where the scammer deals with an actual seller, and then passes along the watch information and pictures to the intended victim.
Modiferous is offline   Reply With Quote