The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 1 May 2009, 10:45 AM   #61
mike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublered55 View Post
I would like to know what it will COST to have the watch serviced the case and strap brushed/polished with a new tube and crown at a ROLEX SERVICE CENTRE?

I would like to know if I supply a 'Domed' GENUINE Plexiglass, will Rolex Service Centre fit it? Or can they supply one?

Whats going to be the total cost?

Cheers
I'll try again. A complete service plus a new service replacement bracelet is about $1300 USD in the states. Normal service is circa $555 USD.

Untill they open the watch they have no idea what else may be needed.
You will be notified prior to any work being done. Rolex will supply the parts, they won't use yours.
Old 2 May 2009, 06:40 AM   #62
Doublered55

Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
I'll try again. A complete service plus a new service replacement bracelet is about $1300 USD in the states. Normal service is circa $555 USD.

Untill they open the watch they have no idea what else may be needed.
You will be notified prior to any work being done. Rolex will supply the parts, they won't use yours.
So if they change the strap it wont be a riveted or folded type like in the 60's? I also guess that if they change the glass it wont be the DOMED plastic type, like in the 60s?
Old 2 May 2009, 07:05 AM   #63
abr68
Banned

Watch: view my signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublered55 View Post
So if they change the strap it wont be a riveted or folded type like in the 60's? I also guess that if they change the glass it wont be the DOMED plastic type, like in the 60s?

No, you won´t get a folded or riveted bracelet in exchange.
In terms of the tropic you will get a replacement Rolex one #19.
You also have the choice between the standard tropic #19 or super dome #19.
It is not exactly the same as the one in the 60s but differences are just visible for real "experts" and for sure they look great
In terms of the bracelet you can get one in the market, i.e. here in the great market place
Old 13 May 2009, 01:14 AM   #64
Earl
"TRF" Member

Watch: out
Doublered55, I'd take Marke up on his offer to show you the ropes so to speak.
Old 13 May 2009, 03:09 AM   #65
jdc
"TRF" Member

Marke nows what he is talking about take a trip to Rolex at Bexley and have a chat with the tech, say you want to keep it as original as possible but get it wearable and repaired so it will last another 50 years.
As Mike says the bracelet can be replaced as it was not original to watch I would want a new one to make it safe to wear. Rolex are not cheap to maintain but when you get it done will last a good few years and be an investment IMO. If you don't want it shoot me a PM.
Old 1 September 2010, 09:34 PM   #66
gutguido
"TRF" Member

I was just doing some very random research on the 5513 as a noob, and I came across this thread. I just really wanted to say, I'm absolutely amazed at the incredible patience and generosity of the people here. FWIW, to all the people who contributed their time and knowledge, it's being read, and it most certainly is being appreciated.
Old 2 September 2010, 09:59 AM   #67
Martin6683
"TRF" Member

I agree with gutguido! I just read all 3 pages on a watch I dont even have! That was quite interesting info from all the members!
Old 30 December 2010, 01:00 PM   #68
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Please in the name of all that is holy, take the watch to a Rolex certified watchmaker and get some solid advice.

We have some awfully knowledgeable folks here, but already there is too much conflict of opinion.

It appears that you have a quite valuable piece and as has been noted, if you plan on selling, a collector will be interested in it as is.

If you want to keep it and never sell it, all the decisions are yours to make, but take great caution before you start doing anything to it yourself.

Get some good solid first-hand information from those who are in the business and not just hanging around watch boards.

No offense to anyone here.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
Old 30 December 2010, 01:08 PM   #69
Ken Cox
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Interesting.

Some folks describe this watch as not particularly valuable, and others describe it as very valuable.

I consider this the most desireable of all Rolex watches.

I would send it to Rolex and have it restored according to Rolex's recommendations, regardless of cost.
Old 30 December 2010, 01:49 PM   #70
Colnago
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rlx=3, Tdr=3, Om=3
Guys....the original post is a year and a half old......I just noticed before I started to type.....
Old 6 January 2011, 07:18 AM   #71
GeoGio Greece
"TRF" Member

Watch: es --> A lot !
I just happened to come across this post, attracted by the 5513 title. Though it is an old post, and I have already posted in it, I thought of posting again for presenting some photos as to show how an old watch can be kept looking "as new" despite its age and use.

Here goes my 5513, dd 1983, a well cared watch, all parts being original, bracelet being an "H".

DJ WG Jubilee 16170 for wife - U series

Oyster Perpetual WG 177234 for daughter V-series
Old 12 January 2017, 09:21 PM   #72
ThePadd
"TRF" Member

Wonder what happened to this watch, love the 5513, I'd love to bring this one back to its original beauty, or even just enjoy its battle scars!
Closed Thread