The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 5 July 2015, 11:52 AM   #91
dukerules
"TRF" Member

Let me jump on the pile. Mark is a superb buyer and seller, one whom I'm lucky enough to have dealt with personally in a transaction.

Instagram: dukerules
Old 5 July 2015, 01:20 PM   #92
mrneddles
Banned

I'm not in the market for anything right now but am tempted to buy something from Mark just so he can cleanse himself of this bad buyer.
Old 5 July 2015, 01:42 PM   #93
andrema
"TRF" Member

I have purchased multiple watches from Mark over the years. He has always completely disclosed any issues with any of the watches purchased and described them extremely accurately. I would not hesitate to purchase another from Mark in the future and can guarantee that I will. Deal with confidence!!!

Based on my reading of the OP's posts, he is off base with his criticism of Mark and his expectations are out of line for what was purchased. He has made it to my "do no deal with" list as it would seem that he would be very difficult to deal with. Good luck with your future deals!
Old 5 July 2015, 05:23 PM   #94
aboen
"TRF" Member

Mark… Buddy… Sorry you have to deal with this buffpilot dude. There's no way I would have enough patience for some of those ridiculous questions.
Old 6 July 2015, 12:28 AM   #95
mikeylacroix
"TRF" Member

Have dealt with mark and referred folks to him and will continue to do so
Old 6 July 2015, 02:46 AM   #96
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
This is justice at its best. A p.i.t.a. buyer leaves an undeserved review that leads to a completely opposite effect. I love it. People have spoken.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 6 July 2015, 02:52 AM   #97
ericf4
"TRF" Member

^^^^^^this^^^^^^^
Old 6 July 2015, 02:43 PM   #98
andrema
"TRF" Member

^
^
So true
Old 6 July 2015, 09:58 PM   #99
Johny
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub 16610Lv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
I shudder to think what I would have to do to earn 5/5.
Old 6 July 2015, 10:37 PM   #100
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
This is justice at its best. A p.i.t.a. buyer leaves an undeserved review that leads to a completely opposite effect. I love it. People have spoken.
And we have long memories.

Old 7 July 2015, 02:47 AM   #101
Sidheguitarist
"TRF" Member

One more person speaking here: not much I can say that hasn't already been well covered, but I will gladly add my name to the list of people who have bought watches with commas in the price tag from Mark/drster. Mark is a serious class act; my only regret in dealing directly with Mark is that I haven't done it more often.
Old 7 July 2015, 08:25 AM   #102
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
The thing about a trusted seller is, at some point you have to trust him. I found some of your questions offensive and the sign of an amateur buyer. He may have perceived them similarly.
I too agree.
Old 7 July 2015, 08:26 AM   #103
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
drster (Mark) is an awesome seller. I've purchased 2 watches (I think) and the transactions were perfect. I would not hesitate to deal with him again. And by the way, I give him a 5 out of 5!
Old 7 July 2015, 09:53 AM   #104
MDF
"TRF" Member

drster (Mark) is one of the best sellers, I have done a high priced deal with him in person and he is truly a great guy.
Old 7 July 2015, 05:51 PM   #105
pacifichrono
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1968 GMT 1675
Mark is both a first class seller and buyer.
Old 7 July 2015, 10:15 PM   #106
rockmastermike
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1982 16750
Not that Mark needs any more endorsements from the community but I have dealt with Mark in the past will most certainly will again. Not because of this thread but because Mark is a stand up, trusted, above board and exceptional in my dealings with him.
Old 8 July 2015, 01:49 AM   #107
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
Some of the members commenting on this thread with their amount of posts numbering at "1" is suspect and comical at best. So you all are becoming a forum member just to vouch for this seller? Hard to believe. This has been the perfect grab a bag of popcorn thread.
Old 8 July 2015, 01:54 AM   #108
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublover2166 View Post
Some of the members commenting on this thread with their amount of posts numbering at "1" is suspect and comical at best. So you all are becoming a forum member just to vouch for this seller? Hard to believe. This has been the perfect grab a bag of popcorn thread.
And many with hundreds of threads
Old 8 July 2015, 02:15 AM   #109
CoachH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have been a member of TRF for quite a while, but I have never been moved to post. I am a member of numerous watch forums, but seldom do I post.

Mark (drster) is a class act. I question the OP motives, as any dealings I have had with Mark have always been great. Why was this not handled over the phone or through PM?
Old 8 July 2015, 02:43 AM   #110
ericf4
"TRF" Member

Rockmaster mike has 666 posts thank you. Uh oh.
Old 8 July 2015, 03:05 AM   #111
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
I noticed some folks with very low count but note their join dates. Don't think I saw any that just joined recently for this thread.
I see it differently. I see folks with limited need to post that were compelled to jump on this one.
Old 8 July 2015, 03:11 AM   #112
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Some of the members commenting on this thread have been here for many years and have high post counts (a thousand or more). So I think it behooves you to consider all the facts before you run your mouth again. And I don't suggest you mess with a mod. We will beat you every time.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Old 8 July 2015, 03:29 AM   #113
jln319
"TRF" Member

Came over from another forum to support Mark. I didn't just join to post this... I've purchased several watches from him over the years and they have always been great. He is a great guy to deal with... I would have stopped dealing with buffpilot when he asked if it was stolen...
Old 8 July 2015, 03:55 AM   #114
Sidheguitarist
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
I noticed some folks with very low count but note their join dates. Don't think I saw any that just joined recently for this thread.
I see it differently. I see folks with limited need to post that were compelled to jump on this one.
That.
Old 8 July 2015, 11:03 PM   #115
buffpilot
"TRF" Member

Another seller, ErikSzper's listing demonstrates what, I think, is an accurate representation of the goods he is selling: http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...ght=Transocean

Contrary to what the numerous comments indicate about me as a buyer, I'm under the impression that the main (only?) requirement as a buyer is to pay in full, promptly, which I did. Does the fact that I asked questions before I came to an agreement with the seller make me an undesirable buyer? Because after we came to an agreement, I paid the seller. I posted my review because I paid for a watch that I immediately had to send into Breitling in order to maintain the warranty that was advertised by the seller. Frankly, I'm surprised by the number of negative comments, as it seems that buyers on this forum are expected to not ask questions, pay promptly, and then not post anything other than glowing feedback. Sellers, however, are free to conduct due diligence prior to completing a transaction, and apparently are not responsible for any misinformation in their listings. Caveat emptor.
Old 8 July 2015, 11:06 PM   #116
ericf4
"TRF" Member

And here we go again...
Old 8 July 2015, 11:36 PM   #117
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffpilot View Post
Another seller, ErikSzper's listing demonstrates what, I think, is an accurate representation of the goods he is selling: http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...ght=Transocean

Contrary to what the numerous comments indicate about me as a buyer, I'm under the impression that the main (only?) requirement as a buyer is to pay in full, promptly, which I did. Does the fact that I asked questions before I came to an agreement with the seller make me an undesirable buyer? Because after we came to an agreement, I paid the seller. I posted my review because I paid for a watch that I immediately had to send into Breitling in order to maintain the warranty that was advertised by the seller. Frankly, I'm surprised by the number of negative comments, as it seems that buyers on this forum are expected to not ask questions, pay promptly, and then not post anything other than glowing feedback. Sellers, however, are free to conduct due diligence prior to completing a transaction, and apparently are not responsible for any misinformation in their listings. Caveat emptor.
Apparently you my friend have been "blacklisted" by all the sellers here and forced to walk the plank! The hungry sharks await you!!
Old 9 July 2015, 12:10 AM   #118
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You have no idea what you are taking about. Just wasting time..
Old 9 July 2015, 12:22 AM   #119
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:

You spelled 'caveat venditor' wrong.
And no, it is not that you merely asked questions, it's WHAT SORT of questions you asked. And then the 'review'. You, sir, are a grade A douche. Stubborn and unwilling to understand why you got such a reaction. But hey, keep it up - there are still a few more sellers that can blacklist you. Better yet - go buy from an AD and save yourself sleepless nights, not to mention embarrassment on a public forum.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 9 July 2015, 01:05 AM   #120
jln319
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetlord View Post
you have no idea what you are taking about. Just wasting time..
+1
Closed Thread