The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 2 April 2016, 03:26 PM   #31
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
I have placed the order on my 2 next pieces, had 9 went downnto 1, ok I have more but I don't consider them to be lart of my collection as innever wear them but keep since one was offered by my granny, cartier santos, the other by my mother, omega seamaster, plus a pam and blancpain I have on sale, so i consider i have only one, the AP ceramic diver, i just ordered a patek 5712 in SS, had it, loved it but flipped it for a very interesting investment, and i also ordered the patek aquanaut 5167R, so i will have my trio of ceramic, steel and rose gold, and maybe one day add either a RM 55 Bubba black or a 35 but the first one, the new is nice but I rather find the first more discreete and i like that in a watch, so those would be my perfect 3 and maybe 4 one day, thought about getting the RM instead of the aquanaut but really not ok for the moment to wear a 80k watch, but will get there some day i think, so that for me is the perfect collection, and i don't need to add anything else, but each collector is different
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2016, 01:11 AM   #32
JD521
"TRF" Member

As few have said, a collection is very personal and depending on several factors (changing tastes, budgets, opportunistic pickups, etc) it can be ever changing. I've had several in the past including ALS 1815, Daytona, BLNR, ROO and several versions of Subs!

Here's my current and very modest collection as it stands today. I've found that it provides me the most versatility. And while I will say that the RO tends to dominate wrist time, I feel (for my lifestyle anyway) I can throw any of these on at any given day.

I try not to fall in the mindset of "having to have a chrono/gmt/dress/diver/beater/AC" to for a collection. I buy what I like and what I gravitate to. But yeah...this forum is a great enabler. I'm always on the look out for the next one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender-23.jpg (107.6 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender-59.jpg (91.6 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender-24.jpg (103.3 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender-22.jpg (76.4 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender-21.jpg (92.6 KB, 113 views)
JD521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2016, 02:35 AM   #33
Samui
Banned

I think these three watches make up the perfect modest collection

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=466037
Samui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2016, 12:18 PM   #34
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3570.50
A DateJust, a Moonwatch, and a GMT-C. Quartz movement, manual movement, automatic movement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg perfect 3.jpg (118.2 KB, 71 views)