The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 25 October 2016, 02:12 PM   #61
sgwatch
"TRF" Member

Sorry for the confusion. The first (covered under warranty within 6 months of purchase) was the Octa RDM (RG/gray dial) from 2004. I sold it to get...The second was one of the most beautiful watches to me - the Octa Lune in PT with YG dial - gorgeous. It was purchased in 2003. I got it a few years later. As a side note, the next owner sent Octa Lune in for service, and after it came back, one of the hands fell off. I also loved the CS (38mm PT), but just couldn't keep it after the other service issues with the date, even though the CS didn't have a date. I liked these watches so much, I even toured the Journe manufacture the time we were in Geneva. I hope the quality is better now.

By the way, I love Lange watches, but they are very different creatures than the Journes in looks, that's for sure.
sgwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2016, 12:44 AM   #62
tigerpac
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the info! Happy to report no issues with my CS *knock on wood* Actually by far my most accurate watch too. I have heard the service is slow.
tigerpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2016, 02:50 AM   #63
Hollister
Banned

Watch: 114300
Yes, thanks. My Octa RDM (born in 2008) is also working fine so far, fingers crossed.
Hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2016, 10:52 AM   #64
kunlun
"TRF" Member

My CB was pre-owned and is 10 years old from the first year they were sold (the last part is what the Boutique folks said when I brought it in for show and tell). Never been serviced, running perfectly, accurate and looks great, too.
kunlun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2016, 01:52 PM   #65
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwatch View Post
Sorry for the confusion. The first (covered under warranty within 6 months of purchase) was the Octa RDM (RG/gray dial) from 2004. I sold it to get...The second was one of the most beautiful watches to me - the Octa Lune in PT with YG dial - gorgeous. It was purchased in 2003. I got it a few years later. As a side note, the next owner sent Octa Lune in for service, and after it came back, one of the hands fell off. I also loved the CS (38mm PT), but just couldn't keep it after the other service issues with the date, even though the CS didn't have a date. I liked these watches so much, I even toured the Journe manufacture the time we were in Geneva. I hope the quality is better now.

By the way, I love Lange watches, but they are very different creatures than the Journes in looks, that's for sure.

This information is over a decade old. Have you had any recent experiences with Journe?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2016, 02:56 PM   #66
sgwatch
"TRF" Member

No recent experience. I ultimately sold my last one in 2011. I'm not saying that no one should buy a Journe. They are beautiful watches. I really wish I had not had the experience with the two Octas. But I can't get myself to buy one at this point. I'm sure the CS I had is performing flawlessly - at least I hope so. I still love the looks of these watches.
Old 26 October 2016, 05:09 PM   #67
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwatch View Post
No recent experience. I ultimately sold my last one in 2011. I'm not saying that no one should buy a Journe. They are beautiful watches. I really wish I had not had the experience with the two Octas. But I can't get myself to buy one at this point. I'm sure the CS I had is performing flawlessly - at least I hope so. I still love the looks of these watches.

Do you have pics of the two Octas and the CS that you've owned? Would love to see them.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2016, 02:18 PM   #68
sgwatch
"TRF" Member

Here they are:

Old 28 October 2016, 02:43 AM   #69
tigerpac
"TRF" Member

Beautiful! Completely understandable on staying away after those experiences though
tigerpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2016, 06:20 AM   #70
Bikerider
"TRF" Member

both!
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2016, 01:03 PM   #71
Jay (Eire)
2024 Pledge Member

I think these two are so different it's almost impossible to opine on your choice.

Personally I find the Lange dial to be somewhat dull, in contrast the CS has something to it which I cannot describe. I will say that for the FPJ I do also prefer the newer dial on both the platinum and rose gold models.

In my eyes the FPJ, and his styling/aesthetic in general, is more contemporary and young. I don't get this from Lange, in any of their watches.

Production numbers for FPJ are apparently in the 800-900 total per year while Lange I believe is 4000-5000 (open to correction on both of those numbers). Given this neither watch should be something you see in the wild too often.

Which one screams buy me? Get that one and don't worry about another other than making sure your entry point (price) is the best you can get. If it's neither then walk away, these are not for you.
Jay (Eire) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2016, 02:04 AM   #72
Billfav
"TRF" Member

Both are great and

Were on my list for a grail watch. I chose the Journe (CS). The Lange quality is extraordinary. I have an 1815 and have lusted over the Lange 1 for a while. However the Journe won me over for purely aesthetic personal reasons. I have the 38mm CS and it sits lower on the wrist as a dress watch should than Lange 1 and it is just a masterpiece. It is warmer where the Lange although it exudes quality it is more of a cold sterile piece to me. However I chose the Journe is a work of art.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1551.jpg (69.0 KB, 230 views)
Billfav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2016, 07:02 AM   #73
derekstlmo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sd4000
Lange
derekstlmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2017, 08:42 AM   #74
shafran
"TRF" Member

I like both, I actually have the grande lange rg black and the journe octa reserve which has a date.
shafran is offline   Reply With Quote