The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 13 January 2017, 08:28 AM   #1
dberman3
"TRF" Member

Thoughts on the Aqua Terra Good Planet?

I've never owned an Omega, but have been curious as it's quite a storied history, etc... So, I had to drop a watch off for service and stopped by the Omega dealer and tried on a few and can't stop thinking about the 43mm Good Planet GMT, white dial with red accents. Does anyone own this watch and if so, what are your thoughts?

Also, I tried on the 41.5mm Aqau Terra Omega Master, blue dial and love that one too. Both look great on the bracelet, but I think the blue straps look great too. So, any thoughts or recommendations from any that might own one or both, or any insight at all on Omega would be helpful.

Thanks!
dberman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2017, 09:47 AM   #2
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

I'm not a particular fan of the good planet but it's a solid watch. The entire aqua terra line features strong in house movements and great designs...for me the teak dials really ticks the right boxes and that's why I own one (blue teak 39mm). Great watches imo, just make sure you buy them correctly and not at msrp.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2017, 10:25 AM   #3
dberman3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
I'm not a particular fan of the good planet but it's a solid watch. The entire aqua terra line features strong in house movements and great designs...for me the teak dials really ticks the right boxes and that's why I own one (blue teak 39mm). Great watches imo, just make sure you buy them correctly and not at msrp.
Love the blue. That was really the draw for me on both of these watches. I have a few white dials and a few black, so maybe the blue is the way to go here. Thanks for the insight.
dberman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2017, 10:10 PM   #4
Xenophon
2024 Pledge Member

I flipped mine. I found it awkward to wear although the colours did look nice
EDIT: Sorry, you mean the newer one. My bad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg POGPGMT.jpg (223.1 KB, 191 views)
Old 22 January 2017, 02:20 AM   #5
hbombkid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 116610
I have been in a market for something like this. The GMT personally for me is just to much going on. I like the 39.5 white dial blue stick but don't like the price mainly due to the titanium case. I am between an older 2503.33 or the older Ryder cup captains watch. Nice thing Omega came out with a 20mm blue nylon strap that is identical to the good planet blue straps just different size. I think the strap really makes these good planets and if I can get a similar look for much cheaper that's the way to go for me.
hbombkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2017, 04:07 AM   #6
ML1979
"TRF" Member

Watch: Royal Oak
I have one. Really loved the dial and hastily bought it, as I tend to do. It's a tad big for my 6.75" wrist, especially on the bracelet. Had every intention of getting the blue strap to attempt to make it look smaller but haven't gotten around to that yet and may never. http://www.rolexforums.com/attachmen...1&d=1485281120
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0167.jpg (95.0 KB, 88 views)
ML1979 is offline   Reply With Quote