The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 17 November 2016, 12:49 PM   #61
vman
"TRF" Member

Watch: less TV
OP: Looks good on your wrist! What is your wrist size?
vman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2016, 02:37 PM   #62
Luv2XcelR8
"TRF" Member

Royal Oak 15400 photos and question

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman View Post
OP: Looks good on your wrist! What is your wrist size?

I am really not sure to be honest

I will measure if I get a chance.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18 November 2016, 10:54 PM   #63
andyol1966
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Rolex
Great watch by the way,,,a classic!
Some thoughts on cleaning,,,in my experience it is similar to cleaning a car,,,especially a black metallic car,,,,i.e. Difficult to get a nice shiny finish with no water spots, no smudges no swirls. The key to washing a car is to make sure all the dirt is removed (you don't want to rub dirt against paintwork), use clean soft cloths (brushes leave swirls) and dry in the shade with a soft cloth (not in the sun otherwise it dries too quickly and leaves spots). On watches I would advise against using a hair dryer (water spots) and toothbrushes (too abrasive), just wash and rinse with plenty of warm running water and gentle soap as you do and then gently dry with a nice soft cloth, then when dry a further gentle rub with another dry soft handkerchief or glasses cloth and it will be perfect. It only takes a few minutes and done right, you won't put any swirls on the watch and the metal and crystal with be gleaming. Works great on my 5711. Hope this helps.
andyol1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2016, 12:16 AM   #64
Luv2XcelR8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyol1966 View Post
Great watch by the way,,,a classic!

Some thoughts on cleaning,,,in my experience it is similar to cleaning a car,,,especially a black metallic car,,,,i.e. Difficult to get a nice shiny finish with no water spots, no smudges no swirls. The key to washing a car is to make sure all the dirt is removed (you don't want to rub dirt against paintwork), use clean soft cloths (brushes leave swirls) and dry in the shade with a soft cloth (not in the sun otherwise it dries too quickly and leaves spots). On watches I would advise against using a hair dryer (water spots) and toothbrushes (too abrasive), just wash and rinse with plenty of warm running water and gentle soap as you do and then gently dry with a nice soft cloth, then when dry a further gentle rub with another dry soft handkerchief or glasses cloth and it will be perfect. It only takes a few minutes and done right, you won't put any swirls on the watch and the metal and crystal with be gleaming. Works great on my 5711. Hope this helps.

Great advice! I usually follow this procedure, but I believe I had a dirty or abrasive watch micro to clean it off and that caused all my hairlines. I know I have never knocked it etc so I cannot think of anything else.

I still love my watch but wish they were not there since I go out of my way to take care of it.

Either way, I have been wearing it a lot more than I use to because of it so at least I am enjoying it more.

Old 21 January 2017, 02:30 PM   #65
Luv2XcelR8
"TRF" Member

Old 22 January 2017, 05:06 PM   #66
Minimalist
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2XcelR8 View Post

Absolute beauty! Thanks for sharing more photos of your gorgeous AP and the short video really displays the awesomeness of that bracelet!
Minimalist is offline   Reply With Quote