The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 19 January 2017, 07:10 PM   #31
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
I had to go to Switzerland to get my 5712, in France they won't even put your name on a list for ANY SS model, the only one obtainable is the 5164 and 5960, other than these 2 impossible except if you purchased a few PP before, I am getting as well from the same dealer a few pieces, 5167R (already have), Daytona C white dial (paid just need to pick it up), and a 5711, if I hadn't gotten the previous pieces he told me there is no way I could get the 5711, they would put me on a never ending list as I understand.

So 5711 and 5712 are almost impossible to get in Europe without contacts or extreme luck. Seems in the US easier, but for that you need to call every AD, maybe you'll get lucky, but in Europe if you want 5711 or 5712, and not in 10 years, good luck or you need to go grey dealers and pay a huge premium.

Did you call the AD's since you posted? Would love to know if you were lucky in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willski View Post
I wonder if the wait for a 5990 is demand side ('normal' production but relatively high demand) or supply side ('normal' demand but relatively low production).
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's the second, you rarely hear about someone wanting to buy a 5990.
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote