The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 14 January 2017, 03:40 PM   #61
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
This turned into an awesome Ferrari thread!
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2017, 03:44 PM   #62
EDL7
"TRF" Member

Too many zillionaires in nyc...they PP...probably dont need..more business...as they have enough already..
Funny thing though..a good friend in the fashion biz in nyc is a childhood buddy of mine..he started one of the best known clothing brands on the planet..way back in the 80's..
When I was shopping for a watch I asked him..hey David..do you have a gold Patek or similar on your wrist?
He nearly choked and said..I wouldn't be caught dead in that..a gold watch that is...as in..we don't need or want to advertise our income status to the world...
EDL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2017, 04:01 PM   #63
KarlS
Banned

A few years ago I went into the Porsche dealership in Bahrain to place an order. All the specs duly completed online! In shorts, slops and tshirt...everyone's terribly busy and took my A4 printout and will phone you on Monday. Went to Merc for the wife. Never Owned one myself ordered her car saw a SL 63 didn't like the colour blah blah. Way home salesman phone asking if he could get exact colour and trim in 6 weeks would I want it? Done deal...bye bye Porsche
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2017, 09:02 PM   #64
Socal to az
Banned

I'm staying near 31st and 7th. How far is the boutique from here?
Socal to az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2017, 11:39 PM   #65
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy View Post
My Fcar says hello
Beautiful speciale - I don't want to hear about not getting two RMs now

Who knew a bad PP experience would produce so many great F cars!
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2017, 11:52 PM   #66
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Who wants their dressy strap models anyways (big joke fellas). It sure is stuffy up there on floor 2, no doubt. I normally buzz through and don't say much. Never have steel models as pointed out above.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 12:20 AM   #67
toucan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal to az View Post
I'm staying near 31st and 7th. How far is the boutique from here?
57th and 5th a 25 minute walk - 10 minute cab ride or more depending on traffic and where Trump is.
toucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 12:55 AM   #68
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
What?? Pass up the chance to share my new ride?? Well since you are twisting my arm! :)

I'm taking the tint off. Where I bought it from, they tinted the windows and windshield. I can't even see out the damn thing. Also putting a few small modifications on there.

Love love love the

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a beauty...rims and all
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 01:02 AM   #69
Michael T
2024 Pledge Member

I can recommend Wempe, ask for Qasim. I called right after Christmas to order a strap. You can imagine how busy they are the day after reopening. He was with a customer and said would call back in ten minutes, he did just that. He said they just received 60 straps but needed to sort them and would call in the morning. Again he did just that, before they opened. Luck would have it, they had it and it arrived the next morning. I had called two other AD's and neither even called me back. Not the biggest sale, but quality customer service from Qasim.
Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 02:00 AM   #70
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toucan View Post
First off what a pompous place OMG! I went in to try on a 5164 as I'm quite interested in making it my next purchase.I asked about Aquanauts and he starts going into how exclusive PP is and the lists are closed for Aquanauts and Nautilus.
I then had to hear about the waitlists etc. etc. 5 years for the 5711. I casually rolled up my sleeve and revealed my 5711.
I love the change of attitude . He then said, well maybe I can interest you in something else? He didn't offer before.
Not really impressed with the inventory they had anyway. Talked for a minute about my other PP's and walked out.
I called Wempe and they couldn't be nicer. They and my AD in NJ will be getting one in soon for me to see.
The guys and gals at WEMPE are THE BEST in NYC when it comes to customer service. If I was a full time New Yorker, I'd probably spend what I needed to in order to be one of their more "positive" customers (god knows I couldnt get nearly up to the vip level with them given their current crop ha) because the service is really worth the extra money.
sechsgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 02:53 AM   #71
scrappy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Beautiful speciale - I don't want to hear about not getting two RMs now

Who knew a bad PP experience would produce so many great F cars!

Haha thanks. One RM at a time
scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 04:26 AM   #72
pp5575
Banned

Watch: 5131G
I encounterd some bad AD Before. They treated me like air. Sometimes. Sales people even said something make me so angry. That is why I never buy PP in Asia country anymore. Then, I try to visit Geneva, Paris, and London Salon and other europe AD. Finaly, I decide to buy from London Salon and Boodles. First time, I try to get my VAT refund at the airport, But a lady said she can not find my VAT paper. Then she went to another location where I hand over my VAT paper. She found my VAT refund paper in the garbage can. I was so upset by hearing this. Now I only buy watch from Boodles. My AD handles all paper work for me and I do not have to worry VAT refund anymore. I just have to tell my Boodles AD what watch I want to buy, Jamie will do his best to offer the watch for me.

Now I hardly visit any other PP AD anymore.
pp5575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 05:27 AM   #73
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy View Post
My Fcar says hello

A Car and Watch thread, now we're talking.

Mine says hi, along with another 963 Ferrari's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FOC Sil Rec 2441.jpg (72.6 KB, 462 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3073.jpg (107.9 KB, 471 views)
Russell996 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 06:23 AM   #74
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp5575 View Post
I've never visited my PP, AP or RM AD in person. All over the phone and text. Simple with zero attitude.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 07:33 AM   #75
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
I've never visited my PP, AP or RM AD in person. All over the phone and text. Simple with zero attitude.
That's very cool. It's probably the absolute best way to get it done.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 07:53 AM   #76
pp5575
Banned

Quote:
I am doing the same as you now. Prefer email communication. Do not waste AD and my time. Both are happy to do business in this way.
Old 15 January 2017, 07:59 AM   #77
kultschar
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP & Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by pp5575 View Post
I encounterd some bad AD Before. They treated me like air. Sometimes. Sales people even said something make me so angry. That is why I never buy PP in Asia country anymore. Then, I try to visit Geneva, Paris, and London Salon and other europe AD. Finaly, I decide to buy from London Salon and Boodles. First time, I try to get my VAT refund at the airport, But a lady said she can not find my VAT paper. Then she went to another location where I hand over my VAT paper. She found my VAT refund paper in the garbage can. I was so upset by hearing this. Now I only buy watch from Boodles. My AD handles all paper work for me and I do not have to worry VAT refund anymore. I just have to tell my Boodles AD what watch I want to buy, Jamie will do his best to offer the watch for me.

Hi Brian

You recommended me your AD a while back - your help much appreciated. Hopefully I should have my watch soon!!

I also prefer to deal this way (email) now I no longer live in Europe

kultschar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 08:52 AM   #78
AckAck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5204P
Toucan, you must have encountered George. He is the worst. Completely clueless. How he still works at the Salon is beyond me. Now, if you met Kelly your experience would have been the complete opposite. Anyone who visits the Salon ask for her and her only, trust me.
AckAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 08:57 AM   #79
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
Toucan, you must have encountered George. He is the worst. Completely clueless. How he still works at the Salon is beyond me. Now, if you met Kelly your experience would have been the complete opposite. Anyone who visits the Salon ask for her and her only, trust me.
Is Kelly the tall, younger lady with long brown hair? She's very nice and knowledgeable, and pretty laid back if you catch her alone.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 10:46 AM   #80
pp5575
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
Hi Brian

You recommended me your AD a while back - your help much appreciated. Hopefully I should have my watch soon!!

I also prefer to deal this way (email) now I no longer live in Europe

I hope you like Jamie. I think he is a very nice person to deal with. You can ask him for free gift after you buy a watch from Jamie. Jamie can ship the watch and gift to you by Fedex or Malca Amit.

Do you mind I ask what model are you looking for?
Old 15 January 2017, 01:57 PM   #81
bobbyw
"TRF" Member

interesting all these poor experiences. i have been to the salon twice (both during summer and on vacations) in rubber flip flops a t shirt and a back pack! was treated with quite a lot of respect and was offered to see pieces that were not on display. i even told the salesman in the first instance up front that i was only there to browse!
bobbyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 02:53 PM   #82
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Toucan and Marciano that is hilarious

I can relate, happened to me a few times, especially on time when I went to a few high end stores on my Harley, I had boots, a leather jacket and jeans, they were very pompous in most, except when I showed my 5712...

I agree about Tiffany, sure it makes them rarer, but for me it's more of a girl thing, so not sure I would like the Tiffany brand on my PP's
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 03:32 PM   #83
ewdi
"TRF" Member

This is why I love shopping for watches in Japan, you can look like a homeless and they will still serve you like a king - I was wearing flip flop, soccer jersey and short pants when I got my royal oak in Daimaru, from browsing to trying so many pieces they were very helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 15 January 2017, 04:29 PM   #84
Plastique999
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC Toledo 1952
Quote:
Agree. Good salespeople and bad salespeople in EVERY business. Buy from those you like. Simple.

PS - We all want to see that beauty 488...one day I will succumb to the turbo vs NA.

I'm with you, I just can't get passed the turbo gen....going to collect NA cars. Love the Speciale scrappy

Sent from my Zeitwerk
Plastique999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 04:36 PM   #85
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
On the contrary, my Ferrari dealer experiences in Florida (well minus the collection) have been amazing
My home dealer ferrari ft laud is amazing

my daily ff and soon f12
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2797.JPG.jpg (110.8 KB, 425 views)
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2017, 04:41 AM   #86
Socal to az
Banned

Anyone have the exact address of the boutique. Going to be waking up 5th ave this afternoon from union square with the fam and enjoy all the shops and boutiques all sfternoon
Old 16 January 2017, 04:43 AM   #87
Goin2drt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toucan View Post
First off what a pompous place OMG! I went in to try on a 5164 as I'm quite interested in making it my next purchase.I asked about Aquanauts and he starts going into how exclusive PP is and the lists are closed for Aquanauts and Nautilus.
I then had to hear about the waitlists etc. etc. 5 years for the 5711. I casually rolled up my sleeve and revealed my 5711.
I love the change of attitude . He then said, well maybe I can interest you in something else? He didn't offer before.
Not really impressed with the inventory they had anyway. Talked for a minute about my other PP's and walked out.
I called Wempe and they couldn't be nicer. They and my AD in NJ will be getting one in soon for me to see.
Great sorry, love that. Glad you let your pocketbook walk right on out.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2017, 04:52 AM   #88
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Quote:
Anyone have the exact address of the boutique. Going to be waking up 5th ave this afternoon from union square with the fam and enjoy all the shops and boutiques all sfternoon
IIRC, it's at 5th Ave and 57th (I've been in CA for too long!)
Old 16 January 2017, 05:04 AM   #89
Socal to az
Banned

Perfect! Ty
Old 16 January 2017, 10:38 AM   #90
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Perfect! Ty
Wempe on 55th and 5th has a WAYYY better selection of pieces though, fyi VS tiffany. Just ask for Michaela and say you're a friend of Drew's from Philly. Seriously best service around, even when just browsing.
sechsgang is offline   Reply With Quote