The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 4 December 2007, 06:07 AM   #1
spike

Rolex Milguss 116400 V Limited Edition Anniversary Model, Green Sapphire Glass

what will be the list price for this model? also, what do you all think that everyone will be asking for this watch?
thx
Old 4 December 2007, 06:08 AM   #2
Mrdi
Banned

list about 6500
Ask about 8500
Old 4 December 2007, 06:11 AM   #3
MAXI DIAL
"TRF" Member

I am recieving mine tomorrow. And its a keeper
Old 4 December 2007, 06:33 AM   #4
frostie
1,000,000th PostMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXI DIAL View Post
That's great. Please post some pics of it when you receive it
Old 4 December 2007, 06:35 AM   #5
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, of course!
Just a note:

The Milgauss GV is NOT a "Limited Edition". There might be made few of them a year, but Rolex has not promoted it as being a Limited Edition as such.

LocTite 221: The Taming Of The Screw...
Old 4 December 2007, 06:38 AM   #6
oyster21
"TRF" Member

I'd say over 10k for the green sapphire glass. The black dial runs anywhere from $7,500-9,000, which I think it's so over price...

I saw the black dial at my AD and it's very nice. It's different.
Old 4 December 2007, 06:39 AM   #7
frostie
1,000,000th PostMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyster21 View Post
I'd say over 10k for the green sapphire glass. The black dial runs anywhere from $7,500-9,000, which I think it's so over price...

I saw the black dial at my AD and it's very nice. It's different.
I saw the black dial here in greece few days ago. It looks really good. There was a huge jewellery festival in athens and rolex was showing the new models. I was amazed by the milgauss black dial
Old 4 December 2007, 07:58 AM   #8
spike

found this on another website:

Collectors have been calling us about this watch, desperate to be one of the first owners of this limited edition, brand new model, Rolex Milgauss reference 116400 V with green sapphire glass. We decided to have some fun and, unlike Rolex dealers, make it available to everyone. It's rumored that this will be the most collectable modern Rolex watch ever, more so than even the revered and ever scarce Daytona in stainless steel (which is not a limited edition).

The Rolex Milgauss evolved from the original reference 6541 to the reference 1019 and now, decades later, the brand new reference 116400. What all the Milgauss watches have in common, as their French name Milgauss tells, is high resistance to magnetic fields (with magnetic flux density up to 1,000 gauss). This makes the Milgauss perfect for anyone who works near strong magnetic fields, such as some scientists, engineers or doctors.

The stainless steel case is 40mm in diameter with the aforementioned green sapphire crystal and with text on the caseback. Rolex accomplishes the anti-magnetic properties of this watch by making use of the "Faraday Cage" construction, in which a soft iron inner case completely surrounds the movement, shielding it from any magnetic field.

The case also features the desirable smooth bezel, and polished center links on the Oyster bracelet. The bracelet also features the ingenious new Easylink extension system, permitting an instantaneous small adjustment to the bracelet circumference - most useful when a temperature change causes the wearer's wrist to expand. Case is water resistant to 100 meters.

The movement is the automatic winding Rolex Caliber 3131 with the Faraday Cage construction and the brand new blue Parachrom hairspring which is insensitive to magnetic forces and also more shock resistant than previous hairsprings. Rolex really makes phenomenal movements, which are extremely rugged, serviceable and accurate. This movement is a C.O.S.C. Certified Chronometer.

The dial is very well done... color is black, with luminous hour markers, and "MILGAUSS" in orange letters. The three o'clock, six o'clock and nine o'clock markers are orange colored. The orange seconds hand is a lightening bolt, which is a design throwback to the first Milgauss reference 6541. There are also orange arabic numerals at the periphery of the dial at the five minute positions. The green sapphire crystal enhances the luminosity of the dial in dark lighting.

Production of this watch is from the brand new "M" series.

This is an exciting brand new release from Rolex. This watch was displayed at the 2007 Basel Watch Fair to much fanfare. This may be the first piece in the USA!

Asking $ 14,500 + shipping.
Old 4 December 2007, 08:03 AM   #9
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, of course!
Interesting descriptions since I has also been discussed here if the Milgauss (GV, that is!) could become the successor of the SS Daytona craze.

Here is another description of the Milgauss:

"Description

Rolex Milgauss Watch New model 40mm : Arriving soon.............

New model 40mm Rolex Milgauss

"The anniversary Milgauss will have a green glass on the black dial version only and will cost an extra 400CHF (or probably $350 US) it will not be limited.

The Milgauss is true to its name and is resistant to 1,000 Gauss once more; it uses the classic Faraday Cage construction, only this time the dial is not part of the cage, it sits on top of the soft iron movement enclosure. The main reason Rolex can guarantee the anti-magnetic resistance of the watch is the new Parachrom-Blu hairspring which is completely unaffected by electro-magnetic forces. But several escapement parts and one wheel are made from a new and undisclosed alloy which is as resistant as the hairspring. Both the Milgauss and the GMT Master II have 40mm cases and this is the new size for all Rolex pieces from now on. The bracelet with the new clasp and the half link summer expansion piece will become standard across the line; even extending to the watches with diver's extension pieces."

Brand new UK watch, all complete. Arriving soon."

(source: CLICK! )

LocTite 221: The Taming Of The Screw...
Old 4 December 2007, 08:05 AM   #10
Thani
Banned

Watch: Milgauss 116400 GV
This is the next Daytona
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 116400GV-72400.jpg (37.7 KB, 999 views)
Old 4 December 2007, 08:06 AM   #11
diamonddatejust
Banned

any photos?
Old 4 December 2007, 08:15 AM   #12
RolexSoFla

Watch: SS Daytona, ND Sub
Not even close.
Old 4 December 2007, 08:45 AM   #13
MAXI DIAL
"TRF" Member

I think. No. I dont think. I believe its ahead
Old 4 December 2007, 08:46 AM   #14
Thani
Banned

Watch: Milgauss 116400 GV
Quote:
I think. No. I dont think. I believe its ahead

im with u all the way jamal
Old 4 December 2007, 09:04 AM   #15
MAXI DIAL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddatejust View Post
any photos?

Patience my young Padawan
Old 4 December 2007, 09:24 AM   #16
mike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congrats! Can't wait to see it and get your thoughts!!
Old 4 December 2007, 09:49 AM   #17
Demagogue

Watch: 16520, LVSub, PAM5
Found some pics of the new 116400 GV on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=220178285946

enjoy!
Old 4 December 2007, 10:58 AM   #18
MAXI DIAL
"TRF" Member

Thanks Demagogue
Old 4 December 2007, 12:34 PM   #19
Beef
"TRF" Member

I have been quoted $6250 USD by my AD and am waiting on delivery. Told it would be in after the first of the year and that I will pay that price. He's getting a black dial Milguass in soon (any day) and it's $5850 or $5950, I can't recall.
Old 4 December 2007, 12:49 PM   #20
veilstylez
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef View Post
I have been quoted $6250 USD by my AD and am waiting on delivery. Told it would be in after the first of the year and that I will pay that price. He's getting a black dial Milguass in soon (any day) and it's $5850 or $5950, I can't recall.
beef is correct list here in the US is $6250 for the V and $5950 for the regular
Old 4 December 2007, 01:27 PM   #21
bogeydog
"TRF" Member

Excuse my ignorance, but why all the hype about this watch? Looks wise, I don't find it very appealing.
Old 4 December 2007, 01:57 PM   #22
Gaijin
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeydog View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but why all the hype about this watch? Looks wise, I don't find it very appealing.

Nor do I.

I think the hype is that because the previous Milgause was very unpopular when first released, was a slow seller and was discontinued and then became collectable...

well, I think some think that is going to happen all over again and this version will be valuable. I doubt it.
Old 4 December 2007, 03:03 PM   #23
veilstylez
"TRF" Member

i dont get it too
Old 5 December 2007, 07:22 AM   #24
citidon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller 4000
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansaiVet View Post
Nor do I.

I think the hype is that because the previous Milgause was very unpopular when first released, was a slow seller and was discontinued and then became collectable...

well, I think some think that is going to happen all over again and this version will be valuable. I doubt it.
Taste and styles change! You can't compare opinions from the 50s with present day.

This will be vaulable because its the first and only with a diff color sphere crystal. Its a gauranteed winner.
Old 5 December 2007, 07:28 AM   #25
CEG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116505
People want it because it's a new Rolex Sports model. On top of that it is 'different' in many respects to other sport models (bezel, second hand, green glass etc etc) - and it's also going to be rare as rocking horse shit !

I've got on a list for it, and if i get the call I'll grab it...but whether I then flip it... we'll see

Old 5 December 2007, 07:29 AM   #26
CEG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116505
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEG View Post
People want it because it's a new Rolex Sports model. On top of that it is 'different' in many respects to other sport models (bezel, second hand, green glass etc etc) - and it's also going to be rare as rocking horse shit !

I've got on a list for it, and if i get the call I'll grab it...but whether I then flip it... we'll see
Same reason as the YM II would be HIGHLY desireable if made in more affordable S/S, around the $7000 mark...

Old 6 December 2007, 09:06 AM   #27
FanFromLakeMary

Agree with KansaiVet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansaiVet View Post
Nor do I.

Personally - I like the Milgauss, and I may pick one up (there are a couple of models I'd get first...but down the line...).

But speaking strictly about the Milgauss being a sure-fire collector's item, I'm inclined to agree with KansaiVet.

The sheer buzz around this non-limited production model spells good sales IMHO. That, in turn, means it will not have the limited availability of the original - which is now collectible in large part due to its rarity.

So the "collectible" factor would have to come from the simple equation of demand exceeding supply - like the Daytona. But the Daytona has a broad appeal that would be very difficult to recreate. Anyway that's my 2cents regarding it's status as surefire collector's item.

btw: If you like the watch for what it is, what does it matter if it's worth more in 5-10 years? Keep it and enjoy, right?
Old 6 December 2007, 09:17 AM   #28
mullman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeydog View Post
+1

IMHO rarity is the main thing that would appeal to me.
The looks are OK, I dig the second hand, but I do not need a 1000 gaus proof watch and I work with 3 phase 480v on a weekly basis.

Seems 8 out of 10 Rolex I see everyday are Subs so anything different is good.

Not knocking Sub people BTW
Old 6 December 2007, 09:20 AM   #29
mikey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oysterdate 6694
The Milgaus is an awesome watch. You really need to see it in person to appreciate the watch and the history associated with them. Scans on the Rolex website do not do any of the new Rolex justice.
Old 6 December 2007, 09:32 AM   #30
cbsmohai
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub Date 16610
I'm sorry, but I find that thing pretty damn sexy.
Closed Thread