The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6 March 2023, 08:37 PM   #1
13Beast
"TRF" Member

Military Flying Watch options

Hi all,

I am currently flying in the military and looking to purchase a quality watch for work every day. I am new to luxury, high end watches.

We get issued Casio G Shocks, and I am sure they are entirely fit for purpose, but nobody I know even wears them, and that includes me.

I want something fit for purpose for use daily at work - on the ground and in the air.

I do not want anything showy or full of chrome or bling. Prefer a very dark watch, titanium or simply black steel. Need a cloth or rubber strap.

Nothing too large as has to be able to be easily accessible from underneath a flight suit sleeve and gloves.

Cannot be anything with bluetooth or able to be connected. Zero chance of taking this inside a secure building, into a brief, let alone inside the aircraft.

Chrono timing features for redundancy whilst flying. Plus any other features that may prove useful.

Absolutely nothing too cluttered. Plenty of 'pilot watches' are sadly like this, making them virtually unreadable in the air. Want something simple, legible yet modern.

Seems to be a lot of Breitlings over the past couple decades that could fit the bill, however I am quite lost at sea over which of their models (no matter how obscure) could be suitable.

Any other manufacturer models that could also be considered, I would be more than happy to learn about.

Price-wise - something around $5k (or less) could work. More than happy to buy used, in fact I would prefer to, as it seems there are some excellent savings over buying new.

I appreciate any advice that the astute watch afficionados on this forum would have for me!
13Beast is offline   Reply With Quote