The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 29 December 2016, 10:26 AM   #1
kwinky
"TRF" Member

Problem with ladies datejust

I recently purchased a pre owned watch for my wife. When fully wound and worn constantly, it will temporarily stop running. Watch came with 1 year warranty. Took it back, seller sent to "their watch guy" who said nothing wrong, possible user error. I don't know what the service consisted of, maybe open and see if anything fell out. Watch is still stopping even though it is worn constantly. Is it normal for a ladies Rolex to stop like that? I have a mens model I have been wearing for over 30 years and it never needs winding. Not sure what to ask them to do short of asking for a refund. I just feel its not normal for the watch. By the way, my wife works in an office environment. No idea as to any previous service.
kwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2016, 07:34 PM   #2
avirom
"TRF" Member

question: how long after a full (40) wind and constant wearing does it stop running?

It could be that your wife is not moving around enough (you stated an office enviroment).

it could be that a full service is culprit.
avirom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2016, 11:18 PM   #3
kwinky
"TRF" Member

After full wind stop is random, usually within 2 days. I work in an office environment. My watch never needs to be wound. Do other women with the same watch experience the same issue?
kwinky is offline   Reply With Quote