The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 24 November 2009, 02:38 PM   #1
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
Dog

As some of you may know we recently lost our dog Bandit due to an oversized, aggressive tumor in his bladder. From the time he showed signs of distress until he died was only 4 days. Three trips to the vet in only 4 days. He did all he could and it was just too sudden.

Please post pics of your favorite dogs. Let's hear all about them: their breed, their size/weight, their talents, their goofball mischief. Why did you choose them or were you chosen by them. Did you train them? Did they listen?
Everybody loves dogs. Lets hear some happy dog stories.
Please share.
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2009, 03:20 PM   #2
Ashley
"TRF" Member

Bill, I'm really sorry about Bandit.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2009, 03:59 PM   #3
JohnEaton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Red1680 metres 1st
Bill,

Very sorry to hear of Bandit; there are few things as painful as losing a good dog. A good dog has better manners and loyalty than most friends... A great dog would give it's life in a heartbeat to save it's beloved master... Oh the pain... I feel for you Bill, I lost a dog to cancer and a great dog to canine seizure disorder ten years ago, I still think of that dog and his photo is still on the wall...

Here is a photo of Kasey Jones, she is an American Bulldog and nine years old. This photo was taken on the Chinese New Year's Eve. No her eyes don't look like that, it's the flash. Kasey loves her sweaters when it is cold and complains when they are in the wash..

Miss Jones just had an operation for removal of cancer not even a week ago, she is still wearing her "cone of shame" to protect her stitches. She has adjusted well as this is her first operation and her first time wearing the "cone of shame." The vet called this morning the biopsy was stage II, we are crossing our fingers, praying and hoping for the best. Roxanne always says that "The Jones" is the best dog she ever had, and it is just gonna kill Roxanne when she passes.

Anyway, I feel for you buddy, hang in there.

EDIT: I'll have happy stories tomorrow, I have no photos on this computer.
Old 24 November 2009, 04:49 PM   #4
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Bill I am so sorry about Bandit... just looking at his picture I can tell he was a happy-loving member of your family, I know it hurts.

Here are Samson and Jasmin, both almost 8. Samson is 110 pounds of loveable stupid, but very protective of both his sister and me. Jasmine is the smart one, and the pack leader. They are two such wonderful animals, I wish I could lend them to you for a while to help ease your pain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dogs.jpg (139.4 KB, 450 views)
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2009, 09:09 PM   #5
SeamasterGMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: DeepSea
Really sorry to hear about Bandit. I rips your insides out when you lose such a good friend. This is Bramble. I tell her all the time that she is the best dog in the world. Her only bad point is that she loves people too much. We don't let her off the lead in populated areas much (we are working on this and she is only two) because she just has to run up to people and say hello. Putting her muddy paws on people has stopped but she still feels the need to pull their sleeve. Dogs apparently recognise 200 words. Here are some that Bramble knows:

Din Dins
Bone
Ball
Sit
Stay
Lay Down
Cuddle
Kiss
Who That?
Pussy Cat
Squirrel
Mummy
Daddy
Granny
Mamma
Dadda
Lead
Walk
Swim
In you go!
Fetch it!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 24 November 2009, 11:33 PM   #6
BarkMaster
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18078 YG DD
My wife's lap doggie... in the back of the Blackwood... on the console of the F150... and in bed.

Double dapple dachshund. Spoiled dog, for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04060004.jpg (45.0 KB, 374 views)
File Type: jpg Daisy and the F150.jpg (63.3 KB, 376 views)
File Type: jpg daisyinbed.jpg (62.8 KB, 371 views)
Old 24 November 2009, 11:55 PM   #7
Brunotheboxer
Banned

Watch: 16610,PAM. 111, G
I'm so sorry that this happened to your dog.
Brunotheboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 12:03 AM   #8
RedBaronF2001

My two:

RedBaronF2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 12:06 AM   #9
AWATCH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
sorry to hear about Bandit.
AWATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 01:19 AM   #10
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Bill, I'm so sorry for your loss
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 01:46 AM   #11
B Square
"TRF" Member

Bill, I am so sorry for your loss. I have experienced the same with my Sugar a couple of years ago. She was my rescued pal and buddy for 12 years. It was heartbreaking to to watch her suffer with old age and cancer. My new family members are my best friends now and are always with me but I will never forget my Sugar and all the great times with her. Be thankful for all the wonderful moments and love you shared with Bandit.
Boyd

Stella and Daisy send their prayers and love

B Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 01:47 AM   #12
mfer
"TRF" Member

Sorry for your loss.
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 03:20 AM   #13
Wolf
"TRF" Member

Sorry for your loss.

I can still remember putting down my childhood companion and it ripped my heart out. 2 years ago I got a new friend; a GSD named Jake (pics below). We have put in a lot of time training him and he responds very well to heel, come, stay, wait, down, sit, stand, his release word "OK", and leave it. We have done some protection training with him too and he does know his bite command. His down side is that he is very wary of strangers and we have to muzzle him when we take him out in public just in case anyone inadvertently gets too close to my wife or the kids. As wary as he is of others, he is lovable to us. We love him very much and I can't imagine life without him.

DSCF0011.jpg

Dog 4.jpg

Dog.jpg

Dog 3.jpg
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 03:39 AM   #14
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Sorry for your loss. I know how painful it is.
2th Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 04:24 AM   #15
JBat
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16610, DJ
Hi Bill, I'm really sorry to hear about Bandit. Losing a four-legged friend is that hardest thing in life. I lost my cat, Sam, in August and still haven't gotten over it. Maybe these pics will cheer you up. This is My wife's dog, Bogie. He's a Golden Retriever, weighs about 68 pounds, is 4.5 years old and is a certified hearing service dog. He's also a ham.

JBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 09:48 AM   #16
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.
You know, these pics are great. When we lost our basset hound, Daisy, in March '08 we still had Bandit. Naturally we never even imagined the change in the house when he died. My wife and I have discussed it and we're going to start looking for another dog. We're going to look for a young, male, medium sized, non-shedding dog and I have to admit I'm pretty excited about it.
J. Buffett
Old 25 November 2009, 10:30 AM   #17
ippon20
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710 (3186)
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Bay Rider View Post
Thanks for the well wishes everyone.
You know, these pics are great. When we lost our basset hound, Daisy, in March '08 we still had Bandit. Naturally we never even imagined the change in the house when he died. My wife and I have discussed it and we're going to start looking for another dog. We're going to look for a young, male, medium sized, non-shedding dog and I have to admit I'm pretty excited about it.
Yes, the best way to honor your friend is by having another. Here's Rocky, Willie and Ralphie. My 3 little boys. Had a huge scare with Rocky months back and we thought we were going to lose him (fractured a vertebre in his spine). He has bounced back to about 90% but doesn't get the usual crazy ball playing he used to. He's retired now and living the life of luxury.

Rocky (Chesapeake Bay Retriever)

Ralphie and Willie (King Charles Spaniels)

We rescued all 3 and wouldn't have it any other way.

Instagram @pivot_and_spine
ippon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 10:35 AM   #18
JF23
"TRF" Member

"Worlds Greatest" Beagle here... (everyone's dog holds that "WG" title I'm sure ) He is just over 2 years old and his birthday is the day before my wife and I's wedding date.

During the time it took to type this, he went to the kitchen and scratched the pantry door, reminding me it's 7:00pm and his dinner time. He is now finished and laying next to me on the couch with his head on my arm and all is content with the world.

My wife and I love him to death...We are truly his pack (hope to add another canine member to it soon) and love him so much.

As to funny stories, when he was a pup we were rough housing with one of his chew toys, when we were finished I picked him up like a baby (belly up) and he pee'd straight up in my... I think you get the picture.

Sorry for your loss, I wish our four legged friends lived much longer...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

JF23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 10:43 AM   #19
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

When Bandit died, Jim Snyder sent me this:

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.
If fortune drives the master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even in death.
George Graham Vest - c. 1855
J. Buffett
Old 25 November 2009, 11:00 AM   #20
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Bill, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Dogs are such wonderful companions for us all, they are really blessed animals. Again, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Attached is a pic of our English Setter Lottie, which we got after our other English Setter passed away in January.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.19.09 009.b.jpg (56.4 KB, 343 views)

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 11:16 AM   #21
datejust1
Banned

Watch: N/A
These are my Cocker Spaniels, Koki and Gypsy. Gypsy is Koki's mother! I cannot imagine living without them. They are so loyal, Specially Koki. They are always ready when u come out in the morning or getting home from school. They make me feel, that I'm home. I'm Really Sorry about Bandit, I really am. I'm a very avid dog lover. I'm really sorry and that may God give u and your family strength to overcome this loss that is a heavy as a Human loss. Koki actually is a Puerto Rican Terrier...

Koki!

Koki Again!

Gypsy!
datejust1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 11:17 AM   #22
datejust1
Banned

Watch: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBat View Post
Hi Bill, I'm really sorry to hear about Bandit. Losing a four-legged friend is that hardest thing in life. I lost my cat, Sam, in August and still haven't gotten over it. Maybe these pics will cheer you up. This is My wife's dog, Bogie. He's a Golden Retriever, weighs about 68 pounds, is 4.5 years old and is a certified hearing service dog. He's also a ham.

What a beauty, John, I want to have one of those.
datejust1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 11:42 AM   #23
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
That's sad news indeed Bill...I'm sorry. The worst part about owning a dog is that they never live as long as you want them too.
Our Cane' Corso boy Max as a pup and as an adult @ 130 pounds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_0024.jpg (184.8 KB, 277 views)
File Type: jpg max2.jpg (245.5 KB, 274 views)
CoopJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 11:58 AM   #24
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, Pam320
Very Sorry to hear about bandit. When I lost my dog as a child (a german shepard/pitbull bix), I never wanted another pet. I was 13 when he died. When I got married in 2004, 26 years old, my wife wanted a dog. I told her it would be her dog and I wanted nothing to do with him. Well.....then he came home......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01669.jpg (111.2 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01472.jpg (40.8 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01540.jpg (33.4 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01535.jpg (81.8 KB, 267 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01485.jpg (36.5 KB, 267 views)

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin
Prick #8
Pep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 12:03 PM   #25
Pep04
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, Pam320
Now I'm stuck loving this little brat!!!!!

His name is Guinness because of his color and because thats my favorite beer

Hope this helps. I know what it feels like.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin
Prick #8
Pep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 01:17 PM   #26
keschete
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
I am so sorry for your loss! I know it hurts, but you gave your dog a fantastic and loving home! You should be proud that you were a loving owner!

I rescue dogs and I have a lot of older dogs. I have lost 6 dogs in less than 3 years and it just about kills me. I only keep the dogs that are not adoptable. The others get the best forever homes I can find.

I lost my Red about a month ago and it happened pretty quickly. She was so broken when she came to me and we worked very hard to make her final years happy.

In the last week, I have rescued 3 new dogs, a small stray chi/dachsie mix, a min pin from an abusive home and a min pin from a home where a child has allergies. It always makes my heart feel better when I help another dog, even when loosing them is so difficult. They are my kids.

Here is Red (with the white muzzle)

Here are many more of my babies and myself

Again, hugs, everyone here knows how much this loss hurts. It helps to give another dog a chance, especially a rescue
Old 25 November 2009, 01:20 PM   #27
deserted
Banned

Watch: Patek 1909003
They are some cuties, thats very cool kaya!!!
deserted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2009, 05:10 AM   #28
Bullyterrier
"TRF" Member

Bill I am sorry to hear your loss.
This is Boycie he is a Bull Terrier he is 2 years old, 32 kilos.
His sister is Marlene that is her when she was a month old aawww
She is now 9 months old and 23 kilos. The pair of them are mad, brilliant fun, the breed are renowned to be clowns and they certainly keep this reputation going!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boycie-front.jpg (59.1 KB, 255 views)
File Type: jpg Marlene.JPG (166.8 KB, 253 views)
File Type: jpg P30-10-09_13.21.jpg (51.5 KB, 252 views)
Old 26 November 2009, 06:35 AM   #29
lek0708

Watch: 1969 GMT
Lots of lovely fur-babies

So sorry for your loss.

This is Mr. Miso (like the soup). He is a 10 lbs. Japanese Chin who is very chill. I'm pretty sure I could try to eat him and he'd just lay there. I have trained him. He does pirouettes and army crawls...for a price - a doggy biscuit or two. He brightens my day, every day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1221.jpg (38.2 KB, 293 views)
lek0708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2009, 07:24 AM   #30
GBJIV
"TRF" Member

So sorry to hear about your buddy. One of the true pleasures in life is bringing a pet (in my opinion) especially a dog into my life. I would not trade all of the wonderful moments for that sad inevitable day when either I go or my pets go.

Take Care,