The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 5 April 2013, 03:38 AM   #331
Len
"TRF" Member

I just had an perfect deal buying an 16660 matte from:

Jerome Fellous from www.watchmywatch.fr in Paris

Smoth and fast transaction, and nice guy to talk with :-)

My recommendations.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2013, 01:52 AM   #332
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the references guys, bump for some more references!

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2013, 08:50 PM   #333
tattooedfagin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 Red
Happy to recommend Mark Lerman having purchased from him & pointed other members in the same direction based on my experience. Footnote aside, my purchase flew through RSC without any issues & I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from Mark again.

TRF Hall of Fame
tattooedfagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2013, 07:46 PM   #334
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedfagin View Post
Happy to recommend Mark Lerman having purchased from him & pointed other members in the same direction based on my experience. Footnote aside, my purchase flew through RSC without any issues & I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from Mark again.
Thanks for the referal Chad, however have been informed Mark's currently no longer dealing in vintages like before for some time now so will be taking him off the list till he starts operating in the future and gets recommended again for recent member vintage purchases.

Old 15 May 2013, 11:11 PM   #335
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Thanks for all the recommendations guys, just updating the list. If haven't added some recommendations, is because of the mandatory minimum 50 posts in the vintage Rolex section or because of non Rolex referrals. Please do let me know if have missed anyone. Also as mentioned above, Mark Lerman no longer currently actively deals in vintage Rolex so editing list to reflect that. Do notify me of any other sellers here who are no longer active. Please do keep the referrals coming in so that newbies here can get their vintage purchases right the first time around.

Vintage purchase experience Feedback List
************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************************

Note: A member making a recommendation will require to have atleast 50 posts in the "Vintage Section" before recommending a seller they've made a vintage Rolex watch purchase from. This is to avoid fly by members making recommendations here. Offcourse a more accurate way to cross check fly by recommendations is by also cross checking who the members making recommendations are in the the "Purchase Reference List" to ensure that recommendations are from regular forumers/genuine buyers. Lastly, a reminder that while this list is an attempt to assist newbies entering the vintage Rolex world, it can never be 100% and should not be used as a shortcut for doing your own research for the best outcome with your purchases. Nevertheless, it's the best shot we have at putting a genuine list together with some checks and balances in place, enjoy!

Green Star status sellers:

Sellers awaiting green star status: [Sellers in this list below either have one forumer recommendation and are awaiting one more for green star status (see recommendation history by paging through the thread) OR are Speculative with no prior proven forumer purchase history but just good references by hearsay and are to be tried and tested]

A green (*) against a dealers name indicates that atleast 2 forumers have purchased vintage watches from a dealer here, have received them and are happy. So if atleast 2 of you have purchased a vintage watch from any of the dealers in the list, have received it and are happy with the purchase please say so here so can update the dealers name with a green (*).Also note that a single forumer purchasing 2 or more watches from a seller will be considered as one reference and not two.

Purchase Reference list: Besides the green star rating, for added green star rating accuracy, refer to this "Purchase Reference list" to get a feel of the quality of watches forumers here have purchased from their respective sellers. Forumers have kindly made recommendations here for sellers so that it helps newcomers here, thanks guys for that! Also this list can help confirm are genuine known forumers/buyers making buyer recommendations and you can do that by having a look at their historic posts here, feel free to use the search function to look up their historic threads for posted watch pictures. Though not 100%, the purpose of this purchase reference list is also to hopefully discourage proxy buyers who make fake recommendations on a dealers behalf so that they think twice before making a recommendation here since to prospective buyers, their thread history is only a simple thread search away. Finally, do make inquiries on the forum.

Jedly (Steelerfan65,bb3188,alanski,Vincent65,Mark020)
Eric Ku (ddrees,steelerfan65,skyedog,Beaumont Miller II, Vincent65)
Ben (Jason71,yessir69,desfrie,inspires,lasavoldi,vkych oo)
Jacek (ezinternet,Submarino,Mark020,shairan,psv,inspires , RLX-lvr)
Andrew Shear (Steelerfan65,Tcaviglioli,Beaumont Miller II,bluemartinfan,Skyedog,Buffy,inspires)
Ralle (florianw,Burswood)
Ian Blowers (DiamondJack, chiubak,Monobike)
Jason Graham (learningtofly,alanski,badastronaut)
Derek Dier (ezinternetr,Blassy,sryukon,CdnWatchDoc)

Beginner reading guide threads (Please feel free to suggest some more here)

1) Forum members here have helped create this extremely helpful vintage watch terms list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...highlight=list
2) A forumer feedback generated vintage references list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180464 (Ignore the pricing info since the prices are just a range and might not be uptodate in all cases, are highly market condition dependent but gives a good understanding of the various Rolex references available, please feel free to sugest updates in this thread)
3) A vintage watch repairer list by country created with forumer input. http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...atch+repairers. Please reverify with forumers here before sending your watches to repairers on the list to make sure you get the latest update on them.
4) Most importantly, look up historic threads on this vintage forum, a wealth of knowledge there.

NB: While this list serves to collate all vintage watch dealers forumers have possibly dealt with (from fellow forumers comments above) in one place, it in no way is a measure of the quality/originality of the watches that are on sale with them. Please conduct your own due diligence before you make any purchases by asking questions on the forum, posting pictures, getting references, etc. Also please notify us of any concerns and if the forumers agree I can take them off this list.

VERY IMPORTANT: As always refer to the footnotes and do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch, even from sellers listed as having a green star, since past recommendations are not necessarily a ticket for positive experiences in the future. So ask questions and verify watches through the forum "before" you buy any vintage watch. This is a forumer purchase experience list aimed at helping newbies find a vintage from known sources and is not an official recommendation list or a substitute for doing proper research on watches and sellers before you buy.

Footnote 2: Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality since this dealer might not have the specific expertise catering specifically to collectors as some of the sellers here, has a 7 days no questions asked return policy.

Old 16 May 2013, 09:41 PM   #336
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Bump for some more references!

Old 9 June 2013, 03:05 AM   #337
Frogman4me
Banned

Can't remember if I contributed to this thread but I give thumbs up to Ku, Shear, Ben, and Jed. Done business with them each and they are all world class sellers.

Thanks San for the updates and this thread. "Buying the seller" awareness is a must in this hobby :)
Frogman4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2013, 03:12 AM   #338
Z-Dweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: All my children.
I've dealt with Ken Jacobs a couple times with great customer service, and great watches too!

Ken Jacobs (http://www.wannabuyawatch.com)

Green Star material.
Old 9 June 2013, 03:24 AM   #339
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman4me View Post
Can't remember if I contributed to this thread but I give thumbs up to Ku, Shear, Ben, and Jed. Done business with them each and they are all world class sellers.

Thanks San for the updates and this thread. "Buying the seller" awareness is a must in this hobby :)
Thanks for the references David, will add you to the reference list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Dweller View Post
I've dealt with Ken Jacobs a couple times with great customer service, and great watches too!

Ken Jacobs (http://www.wannabuyawatch.com)

Green Star material.
Thanks for the reference Bill. Please increase your posts in this vintage Rolex section to 50 posts (is currently 16) and will add in your reference.

Old 14 June 2013, 09:32 PM   #340
Z-Dweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: All my children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruvon View Post
Thanks for the reference Bill. Please increase your posts in this vintage Rolex section to 50 posts (is currently 16) and will add in your reference.
Thanks, Cruvon

Great idea you have here. Certainly is reassuring.
Old 15 June 2013, 06:29 AM   #341
bobswatches
Banned

Watch: Newman Daytona
Would be a bit presumptuous to recommend ourselves for this list of vintage Rolex dealers, but I just want to throw our name in the mix and let the experts here be the judge.
bobswatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2013, 08:18 PM   #342
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobswatches View Post
Would be a bit presumptuous to recommend ourselves for this list of vintage Rolex dealers, but I just want to throw our name in the mix and let the experts here be the judge.
Thanks for the tip with the self recommendation, however you will need to be recommended by a member here who's purchased a Rolex vintage from you to get into the green star list.
I have been considering separating out the 1 star and the unexplored sellers on the list since they are currently scattered across posts here or in the non green star list, so if I do that, will add you to that list. In the meanwhile please increase your post count contributions in the vintage Rolex section to the minimum required 50.

Old 20 June 2013, 06:33 AM   #343
Michael M.
Banned

I've dealt with Bob's
Michael M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2013, 09:06 AM   #344
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael M. View Post
I've dealt with Bob's
Thanks Michael, just reconfirming, bought a vintage Rolex from them? In your opinion are knowledgeable on vintages and a happy transaction/s?

Old 20 June 2013, 12:43 PM   #345
GBruno
"TRF" Member

nice lists...but i have to sell a couple bubblebacks and do NO want to use evilBay...any advice?

"Time waits for no man; so better know that time is now."
GBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2013, 07:31 PM   #346
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Dweller View Post
Thanks, Cruvon

Great idea you have here. Certainly is reassuring.
Thanks Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
nice lists...but i have to sell a couple bubblebacks and do NO want to use evilBay...any advice?

"Time waits for no man; so better know that time is now."
Cheers mate, try putting them up on sale in the For Sale section.

Old 21 June 2013, 06:32 AM   #347
Michael M.
Banned

Quote:
Thanks Michael, just reconfirming, bought a vintage Rolex from them? In your opinion are knowledgeable on vintages and a happy transaction/s?
Yes, I've bought many vintage rolexes from them, the owner, Paul, is very knowledgeable

Should we add Greekbum/Nick Gogas to the list, I know he sells a lot of vintage
Michael M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2013, 10:09 AM   #348
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael M. View Post
Yes, I've bought many vintage rolexes from them, the owner, Paul, is very knowledgeable

Should we add Greekbum/Nick Gogas to the list, I know he sells a lot of vintage
Thanks Michael. Just noticed you are a regular seller/dealer here( correct me if you are not) so if thats the case then can't add your references to count towards the green star list for conflict of interest reasons. But I will add them to a appending list I have been thinking of adding in because some sellers like Mike Wood have one green star from a valid reference whereas some in that awaiting list are there because they were added in when I started the list and had no rules. So I need to separate those two types of sellers.

About Greekbum, I would love to add him since he's a long time and known seller here but haven't received references within the rules described for the list but will add him to the list I mention. Sorry if I sound too hung up about the rules about this but that's the only way I can keep the integrity of this list.

Old 21 June 2013, 10:50 AM   #349
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

About Greekbum, I would love to add him since he's a long time and known seller here but haven't received references within the rules described for the list but will add him to the list I mention. Sorry if I sound too hung up about the rules about this but that's the only way I can keep the integrity of this list.
Let me chime in - I have done 3 different vintage watch deals with Nick (greekbum). He's great to work with I have a good trusted seller relationship with him. He is always fair and willing to accept a return if anything didn't measure up to my expectations. All the deals went flawlessly.

All were DJs; two 16013s (Champagne dial + White dial) and most recently a 1603 with a smoky gold sigma pie pan dial that is really nice. My first deals were via TRF + phone. The 1603 done last month was a face-to-face while I was down in Tampa area.

I know you may need another member reference but I give him a full and

Does anyone really know what time it is?

Last edited by 77T; 21 June 2013 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: typo
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2013, 11:09 AM   #350
Jason71
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor Divers
I have bought a 1680 with a white service dial from Nick (greekbum). Watch was exactly as described and he was great to deal with. Really receptive to questions and easy to reach with phone and email.

Buy with confidence from Nick

Just Say "NO" to Polishing
Card-Carrying Member of the Global Association of Retro-Grouch Curmudgeons
LIfe is too short to wear inexpensive watches
PLEXI IS SEXY
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2013, 11:25 AM   #351
watchcrank
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer II cream
GreekBum is A1 :-) bought some parts

from Nick and then watches and now count him as a good friend. M
watchcrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2013, 01:01 PM   #352
motoikkyu
"TRF" Member

Am proud to have purchased more than two vintage pieces from Nick GreekBum. I trust him implicitly and look forward to buying from him again. He's more than a seller, he's a committed "resource person" in the vintage world and I have even felt comfortable approaching him for advice when no sale was involved. Isn't that what it's all about?
motoikkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2013, 08:00 PM   #353
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Let me chime in - I have done 3 different vintage watch deals with Nick (greekbum). He's great to work with I have a good trusted seller relationship with him. He is always fair and willing to accept a return if anything didn't measure up to my expectations. All the deals went flawlessly.

All were DJs; two 16013s (Champagne dial + White dial) and most recently a 1603 with a smoky gold sigma pie pan dial that is really nice. My first deals were via TRF + phone. The 1603 done last month was a face-to-face while I was down in Tampa area.

I know you may need another member reference but I give him a full and
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
I have bought a 1680 with a white service dial from Nick (greekbum). Watch was exactly as described and he was great to deal with. Really receptive to questions and easy to reach with phone and email.

Buy with confidence from Nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchcrank View Post
from Nick and then watches and now count him as a good friend. M
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoikkyu View Post
Am proud to have purchased more than two vintage pieces from Nick GreekBum. I trust him implicitly and look forward to buying from him again. He's more than a seller, he's a committed "resource person" in the vintage world and I have even felt comfortable approaching him for advice when no sale was involved. Isn't that what it's all about?

Great seeing some refferal action, thanks Paul, Jason, Michael, motoikkyu, will add Nikos(Greekbum) in as a green star seller in the next update and include you'll in the Purchase Reference list for him!

Old 22 June 2013, 11:50 AM   #354
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
I had a great transaction with Nick (Greekbum) on my 5513 meter first purchase. Just want to be on the record here!

Best,

Fred/NJ
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2013, 12:49 PM   #355
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1108nyc View Post
I had a great transaction with Nick (Greekbum) on my 5513 meter first purchase. Just want to be on the record here!

Best,

Fred/NJ
Thanks Fred, can't add it to the Purchase reference list since you'e a regular seller here but nice to know. Will be adding Nick as a green star seller!

Old 26 June 2013, 10:31 PM   #356
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Bump for more references!

Old 26 June 2013, 10:54 PM   #357
luce82
"TRF" Member

List of vintage watch dealers

Quote:
Bump for more references!
Hi,
New of this forum...I could add:

GERMANY
www.worldoftime.de
www.watches.de
www.brevetwatches.de

ITALY
www.oredelmondo.it

CHINA
www.thevintageconcept.com

Happy web surfing
Luca
luce82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2013, 11:52 AM   #358
DonChuy1970
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1955 Rolex Oyster
John at coolvintagewatches.com is great! I am unequivocally the pickiest person in Kansas City, and he puts up with me quite well. Anyone here near KC? Check out John's shop in Parkville, MO. 1 green "*"
DonChuy1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2013, 01:15 PM   #359
DonChuy1970
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1955 Rolex Oyster
Quote:
Hi guys, just thought would be nice to have a list of trusted vintage watch sellers/shops/webistes you have previously purchased from/heard good things about in one place for easy reference. Please add in to the names here along with website/contact info if available so that we don't have to go thru" all the different threads looking for vintage watch seller recommendations.

1) Mark Lerman (mark@webstorm.com)
2) Jed aka Jedly1(http://www.thetimetraveler.co/)
3) Erik Ku (http://10pastten.com/)
John Putnam at coolvintagewatches.com. Incredibly patient while you browse thru his extensive vintage collection at brick and mortar store in Parkville, MO. Anyone here from Kansas City? Do yourself a favor and check it out.
DonChuy1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2013, 11:50 PM   #360
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luce82 View Post
Hi,
New of this forum...I could add:

GERMANY
www.worldoftime.de
www.watches.de
www.brevetwatches.de

ITALY
www.oredelmondo.it

CHINA
www.thevintageconcept.com

Happy web surfing
Luca
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonChuy1970 View Post
John at coolvintagewatches.com is great! I am unequivocally the pickiest person in Kansas City, and he puts up with me quite well. Anyone here near KC? Check out John's shop in Parkville, MO. 1 green "*"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonChuy1970 View Post
John Putnam at coolvintagewatches.com. Incredibly patient while you browse thru his extensive vintage collection at brick and mortar store in Parkville, MO. Anyone here from Kansas City? Do yourself a favor and check it out.
Thanks guys but you will need a minimum of 50 posts in the Vintage Rolex section for your references to be added in.