The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 18 May 2016, 03:11 AM   #1
Beauregard
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116719BLRO
Another "Help Me Understand Pam" thread....

I look at Panerai pictures on the web and they all look basically the same but I know they're not and there are no retailers anywhere near where I live so if someone could explain in plain English the differences between Luminor, Radiomir, 1950, etc. it would be really helpful.

I think the Panerai Luminor 1950 Flyback Chrono PAM 212 is a work of art but am totally hesitant to pull the trigger because I'm unsure of its size and their site reveals very little to the uninitiated buyer.
Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 05:19 AM   #2
tphan619
"TRF" Member

http://www.thewatchology.com/differe...nerai-watches/
tphan619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 05:22 AM   #3
tphan619
"TRF" Member

Panerai Luminor

Panerai Luminor is one of the most well loved style of cases. Luminor Panerai is also the most fashionable looking Panerai watches which can fit well with either casual wear or formal wear. The most common sizes are 40mm and 44mm.

Luminor 1950

One of my personal favorite is the Luminor 1950 case style. Althought similar to the standard Luminor Panerai, the main difference is when one turn to the back. It also has a more classic look with a uniquely shaped crystal that is curved in an old vintage acrylic crystal look. The case comes in two sizes, 44mm and 47mm.

Radiomir

The Radiomir model is the first models of Officine Panerai.The case are curved and rounded with a classic look at fit its status, and they usually go better with a suit. The key difference from the Luminor is that Radiomir does no have a device protecting the crown.

The case sizes are 42mm, 43mm, 45mm, 46mm and 47mm.

Panerai Ferrari

The Panerai Ferrari line of watches are special edition watches with their own cases. Although the are not really popular with paneristi, they have their own charm and target audience. Like the Radiomir, they do not have a device protecting the crown, but the main difference between the both is the Panerai Ferrai crown has a rougher grip. The cases comes in 40mm and 45mm.

http://www.thewatchology.com/differe...nerai-watches/
tphan619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 05:24 AM   #4
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

It's a 1950s Luminor with push buttons, so it will be quite thick and possibly top heavy on your wrist. I would not buy without trying it on. To be honest, though, I wouldn't buy any watch without trying it.

Maybe schedule a weekend trip to a city with a boutique?
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 05:32 AM   #5
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
I have a 1950s case. Its not for everyone as its a very tall case. I personally love the 1950s case as i think its an icon case shape and true to the panerai brand. I would for sure go try on some PAMs before ordering.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2016, 05:51 AM   #6
Beauregard
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116719BLRO
Thanks so much, this is good info for me as my Sea Dweller 4000 is about as much case as I can take.
Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote