The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 7 December 2016, 07:49 AM   #31
SearChart
TechXpert

Relax guys.

Chriz74, your watch needs a service and parts need to be replaced. It's that simple.
I don't force you to go for RSC or anyone, my advice is RSC but it's your money & choice. Just don't go to the same watchmaker as last time.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2016, 12:01 AM   #32
Rikki
TechXpert

Watch: 5512 s/s Sub
A normal full service will include parts like axle for rotor mainspring possibly drive wheel for ratchet among other gears if it was serviced and these things were not addressed then find another watchmaker who will do it properly just a thought. Rik
Rolex Parts Account Holder.
Rikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2016, 08:39 PM   #33
RichardF
"TRF" Member

Some years ago I had an Explorer II white dial. The watch was serviced by a RSC and would not keep time. It would stop and start and lose time. I sent it back to a different RSC in the US from the one that originally did it and they serviced it several more times over an 11 month period. The bottom line of this story is when the Manager of the RSC became involved and it was discovered it had major winding problems and they replaced the whole upper plate. Even with their stringent quality control measures it is possible for a Rolex not to be running properly when sent back to the owner. I experienced this issue again from a RSC this summer when they did not properly service a Rolex and had to repeat the service again.
Sending it to a RSC is still they best bet but sometimes they slip on their quality control.
RichardF is offline   Reply With Quote