The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 6 April 2024, 03:52 AM   #61
cjmaud
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15510SST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxj86 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is is a white strap from AP or aftermarket? If aftermarket, where did you get it?
cjmaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 04:11 AM   #62
gretch6364
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmaud View Post
Is is a white strap from AP or aftermarket? If aftermarket, where did you get it?
Looks like factory AP to me. Does anyone even make aftermarket straps for the quick change plots?

Love this watch with white.
gretch6364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 09:50 AM   #63
rappvctrinity
"TRF" Member

I was offered the black and Taupe. I chose the black because it reminds me of Darth Vader.
rappvctrinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2024, 02:02 AM   #64
KB29
"TRF" Member

Now based off this thread (and the other taupe strap color thread) this model has jumped towards the top of my list for consideration for my next purchase. The price being below retail doesn't hurt either.

With everyone raving about the dial though, am I missing something? Is taupe a bit of a misnomer? In most pictures the dial looks to be more of a smoked gray rather than taupe/khaki. On the other hand the stock strap is truly what I'd consider taupe.

In my mind taupe is a very boring, dated color - like regular old khaki pants. But this dial seems to not fit that description. Someone described the combination with the taupe strap as military, which seems appropriate to me. I would almost certainly switch immediately to the black strap and leave it.

Can someone comment on the true color of the dial itself, isolated from the strap? Would you call it taupe if AP hadn't done so first?
KB29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2024, 08:38 AM   #65
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB29 View Post
Now based off this thread (and the other taupe strap color thread) this model has jumped towards the top of my list for consideration for my next purchase. The price being below retail doesn't hurt either.

With everyone raving about the dial though, am I missing something? Is taupe a bit of a misnomer? In most pictures the dial looks to be more of a smoked gray rather than taupe/khaki. On the other hand the stock strap is truly what I'd consider taupe.

In my mind taupe is a very boring, dated color - like regular old khaki pants. But this dial seems to not fit that description. Someone described the combination with the taupe strap as military, which seems appropriate to me. I would almost certainly switch immediately to the black strap and leave it.

Can someone comment on the true color of the dial itself, isolated from the strap? Would you call it taupe if AP hadn't done so first?

IMG_5929-compressed.jpg
Whatever that color is... Taupe me guesses?

Honestly though in person it's not boring at all but not as loud as some real color options... Hits the sweetspot
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2024, 09:50 AM   #66
Rockland
"TRF" Member

Quote:

When I have the watch on the taupe strap, my eyes are drawn to the stunning dial. When I have the black strap on, my eyes are drawn to the black bezel and the black sub dials for some reason. So, I prefer the taupe strap.
Rockland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2024, 12:22 PM   #67
Yolo30
"TRF" Member

Is the grey ceramic rarer than the others? I seem to never see it listed for sale unlike the others.
Yolo30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2024, 04:44 AM   #68
gregouille
"TRF" Member

Yes it is much rarer because of the case being in Ti
gregouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2024, 03:17 PM   #69
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I agree with you about the confusing color characterization. To me, beige is the initial impression I get; however, I can also see a smokey gray. Interestingly, when the taupe strap is on, it blends nicely with the dial. The textile looking light gray strap in the other thread also appears to blend nicely with dial. I guess this dynamism is what distinguishes this piece so much.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2024, 01:36 AM   #70
Socalwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Taupe is spectacular in person. It would win my vote every time. You need to see it in person, in the sunlight…. It is glorious.

Between the Ti and Taupe, I think weight is an important consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Socalwatchguy is offline   Reply With Quote