The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17 August 2019, 04:56 AM   #1
Blakerhodes
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 gilt chapter
SwissWatchExpo sold me a fake Daytona 116500 for $21,800

SwisswatchExpo out of Atlanta sold me a fake Rolex Daytona 116500 for $21,800. I bought the watch a little over a month ago, I noticed some issues with the bracelet. I asked several people their opinions on the bracelet and they said they thought it was a fake.

I texted the salesman I dealt with, he said he was not working and to email the shop...then basically said to not text him on his personal phone ever though we had communicated prior on the same phone.

I emailed SwissWatchExpo telling them I believed the bracelet to be a fake. This was their reply:

We can assure you that the bracelet is not fake. You have nothing to worry about!

Our six, Rolex-trained watchmakers inspect, authenticate and service every timepiece prior to listing the watch for sale. If any parts are deemed non-genuine or non-authentic, we do not list the watch. The founder of our company is our head watchmaker and has been a watchmaker for almost thirty years. Almost twenty of those years had been with an authorized Rolex dealer. Had the watch had non-genuine parts, it would have been caught prior to listing the watch for sale.

------------------------

I explained I will be taking it to Rolex service center. Took it over there and they confirmed the bracelet was fake. Called SwissWatchExpo and they said they needed that in writing...asked Rolex to put it in writing, they explained they are not in the business of writing letters for people which I totally understand.

SwissWatchExpo then asked me to get a quote on a new bracelet in writing. So I go back to Rolex and request that, sitting in the waiting room while they do that. The lady comes back and says we cant give you an estimate because the watch is a complete fake, gives me the watch back and explains that if it was outside of the US at a Rolex service center they would have not given the watch back. The serial number was a fake, card was fake stamped with Tourneau.

I was given a refund, so thats good. I asked them 3 times where they got the watch and that I needed to know so I could post that info on the forums to alert anyone else that bought from them or their source, they refused to do so.

If you have purchased anything from SwissWatchExpo , even if it was years ago, I suggest you take it to a Rolex service center if you have one close by.