The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 12 June 2014, 04:02 AM   #451
Greek18
"TRF" Member

I'm sure he's been listed in here already but I use @oakleighwatches . Supreme service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greek18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2014, 04:17 PM   #452
triz neena
"TRF" Member

I also had a not too shining experience with nbtimes:

One of the questions I asked before buying a datejust was if it had been serviced. He replied that it had been serviced two years ago. It arrived very well packaged and as described in the pictures. However, I took it to the watchmaker who said the seals were old and some other seals were missing altogether, and the amplitude was a bit low as well as running 8 seconds slow.

When I emailed him about this asking how this was possible, he then said the watch had been serviced two years before he put it in a drawer, which was then another 2-4 years (he was not sure, sounds fishy). I did not bother to send back as it would be an added cost and the watch looked good. Annoying though, especially since I had to have the seals and gaskets replaced.
triz neena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2014, 12:36 PM   #453
Mario Pinckney
"TRF" Member

Anyone heard of this vintage Rolex seller in London?

THE VINTAGE WATCH COMPANY
24 Burlington Arcade
London
W1J 0PS

Sorry if advice on this company has been discussed already.

I'm new to this...

I'm looking to buy a vintage Rolex watch in the birth year of my business partner - 1951.

The Vintage Watch Company appears to have a robust collection of watches, not only from 1951, but from lots of other years as well.

But I don't want to proceed with buying unless and until I get good feedback re they're reputable, etc.

If anyone out there has good advice on whether I should proceed, questions to ask them, etc. please let me know.

And I apologize in advance if I didn't follow Rolex forum protocol in posting this question...will try to get it right next time if I did something wrong, here.

Very much appreciated.

Mario
Mario Pinckney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2014, 09:34 PM   #454
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Thanks for all the feedback guys, here's the latest update

Vintage purchase experience Feedback List
************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************************

Note: A member making a recommendation (a member making recommendations should not be a commercial seller or dealer here or elsewhere) will require to have atleast 50 posts in the "Vintage Section" before recommending a seller they've made a vintage Rolex watch purchase from. This is to avoid fly by members making recommendations here. Offcourse a more accurate way to cross check fly by recommendations is by also cross checking who the members making recommendations are in the the "Purchase Reference List" to ensure that recommendations are from regular forumers/genuine buyers. Lastly, a reminder that while this list is an attempt to assist newbies entering the vintage Rolex world, it can never be 100% and should not be used as a shortcut for doing your own research for the best outcome with your purchases. Nevertheless, it's the best shot we have at putting a genuine list together with some checks and balances in place, enjoy!

Green Star status sellers:

Sellers awaiting one recommendation:
  • N/A

Sellers awaiting recommendations: [Sellers in this list below are Speculative with no prior proven forum member purchase history here, but just good references by hearsay and are yet to be tried and tested by forum regulars]

A green (*) against a dealers name indicates that atleast 2 forumers have purchased vintage watches from a dealer here, have received them and are happy. So if atleast 2 of you have purchased a vintage watch from any of the dealers in the list, have received it and are happy with the purchase please say so here so can update the dealers name with a green (*).Also note that a single forumer purchasing 2 or more watches from a seller will be considered as one reference and not two.

Purchase Reference list: Besides the green star rating, for added green star rating accuracy, refer to this "Purchase Reference list" to get a feel of the quality of watches forumers here have purchased from their respective sellers. Forumers have kindly made recommendations here for sellers so that it helps newcomers here, thanks guys for that! Also this list can help confirm are genuine known forumers/buyers making buyer recommendations and you can do that by having a look at their historic posts here, feel free to use the search function to look up their historic threads for posted watch pictures. Though not 100%, the purpose of this purchase reference list is also to hopefully discourage proxy buyers who make fake recommendations on a dealers behalf so that they think twice before making a recommendation here since to prospective buyers, their thread history is only a simple thread search away. Finally, do make inquiries on the forum.

Jedly (Steelerfan65,bb3188,alanski,Vincent65,Mark020,Fro gman4me)
Eric Ku (ddrees,steelerfan65,skyedog,Beaumont Miller II, Vincent65,Frogman4me)
Ben (Jason71,yessir69,desfrie,inspires,lasavoldi,vkych oo,Frogman4me)
Jacek (ezinternet,Submarino,Mark020,shairan,psv,inspires , RLX-lvr, Beef)
Andrew Shear (Steelerfan65,Tcaviglioli,Beaumont Miller II,bluemartinfan,Skyedog,Buffy,inspires,Frogman4me , Mark020)
Ralle (florianw,Burswood)
Ian Blowers (DiamondJack, chiubak,Monobike)
Jason Graham (learningtofly,alanski,badastronaut)
Derek Dier (ezinternetr,Blassy,sryukon,CdnWatchDoc)
Nick Gogas (77T,Jason71,watchcrank,motoikkyu,bluemartinifan)
Mike Wood (Ross Povey,The Laird)

Beginner reading guide threads (Please feel free to suggest some more here)

1) Forum members here have helped create this extremely helpful vintage watch terms list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...highlight=list
2) A forumer feedback generated vintage references list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180464 (Ignore the pricing info since the prices are just a range and might not be uptodate in all cases, are highly market condition dependent but gives a good understanding of the various Rolex references available, please feel free to sugest updates in this thread)
3) A vintage watch repairer list by country created with forumer input. http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...atch+repairers. Please reverify with forumers here before sending your watches to repairers on the list to make sure you get the latest update on them.
4) Most importantly, look up historic threads on this vintage forum, a wealth of knowledge there.

NB: While this list serves to collate all vintage watch dealers forumers have possibly dealt with (from fellow forumers comments above) in one place, it in no way is a measure of the quality/originality of the watches that are on sale with them. Please conduct your own due diligence before you make any purchases by asking questions on the forum, posting pictures, getting references, etc. Also please notify us of any concerns and if the forumers agree I can take them off this list.

VERY IMPORTANT: As always refer to the footnotes and do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch, even from sellers listed as having a green star, since past recommendations are not necessarily a ticket for positive experiences in the future. So ask questions and verify watches through the forum "before" you buy any vintage watch. This is a forumer purchase experience list aimed at helping newbies find a vintage from known sources and is not an official recommendation list or a substitute for doing proper research on watches and sellers before you buy.

Hacked Accounts: There have been some instances when sellers accounts (websites and emails) have been hacked into and used by criminals to dupe buyers. Please try atleast making a phone call to the dealer besides the usual email communication before sending funds out to reduce the risk of being duped and ensure you are dealing with the right person.

Footnote 2: Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality since this dealer might not have the specific expertise catering specifically to collectors as some of the sellers here, has a 7 days no questions asked return policy.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2014, 09:20 AM   #455
RC2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1675
Turbowatch - great dealer

Did a great deal with Tom (turbowatch) Would buy from him again. Bracelet was as described. Very helpful and knowledgable. Would recommend again! Rich

Member of Nylon Nation
Red Sox Nation
Instagram watchguy97
RC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2014, 07:56 PM   #456
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC2 View Post
Did a great deal with Tom (turbowatch) Would buy from him again. Bracelet was as described. Very helpful and knowledgable. Would recommend again! Rich
Thanks for the recommendation Rick!

Old 18 July 2014, 07:58 PM   #457
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendin View Post
i really wanted to know weather Rolex sells any women accessories for formal wears?
Yes:)
http://www.rolex.com/watches/find-rolex/woman.html

Old 21 August 2014, 12:49 AM   #458
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Just reposting, no new updates!

************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************************

Note: A member making a recommendation (a member making recommendations should not be a commercial seller or dealer here or elsewhere) will require to have atleast 50 posts in the "Vintage Section" before recommending a seller they've made a vintage Rolex watch purchase from. This is to avoid fly by members making recommendations here. Offcourse a more accurate way to cross check fly by recommendations is by also cross checking who the members making recommendations are in the the "Purchase Reference List" to ensure that recommendations are from regular forumers/genuine buyers. Lastly, a reminder that while this list is an attempt to assist newbies entering the vintage Rolex world, it can never be 100% and should not be used as a shortcut for doing your own research for the best outcome with your purchases. Nevertheless, it's the best shot we have at putting a genuine list together with some checks and balances in place, enjoy!

• N/A

Sellers awaiting recommendations: [Sellers in this list below are Speculative with no prior proven forum member purchase history here, but just good references by hearsay and are yet to be tried and tested by forum regulars]

A green (*) against a dealers name indicates that atleast 2 forumers have purchased vintage watches from a dealer here, have received them and are happy. So if atleast 2 of you have purchased a vintage watch from any of the dealers in the list, have received it and are happy with the purchase please say so here so can update the dealers name with a green (*).Also note that a single forumer purchasing 2 or more watches from a seller will be considered as one reference and not two.

Purchase Reference list: Besides the green star rating, for added green star rating accuracy, refer to this "Purchase Reference list" to get a feel of the quality of watches forumers here have purchased from their respective sellers. Forumers have kindly made recommendations here for sellers so that it helps newcomers here, thanks guys for that! Also this list can help confirm are genuine known forumers/buyers making buyer recommendations and you can do that by having a look at their historic posts here, feel free to use the search function to look up their historic threads for posted watch pictures. Though not 100%, the purpose of this purchase reference list is also to hopefully discourage proxy buyers who make fake recommendations on a dealers behalf so that they think twice before making a recommendation here since to prospective buyers, their thread history is only a simple thread search away. Finally, do make inquiries on the forum.

Andrew Shear (Steelerfan65,Tcaviglioli,Beaumont Miller II,bluemartinfan,Skyedog,Buffy,inspires,Frogman4me , Mark020)

1) Forum members here have helped create this extremely helpful vintage watch terms list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...highlight=list
2) A forumer feedback generated vintage references list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180464 (Ignore the pricing info since the prices are just a range and might not be uptodate in all cases, are highly market condition dependent but gives a good understanding of the various Rolex references available, please feel free to sugest updates in this thread)
3) A vintage watch repairer list by country created with forumer input. http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...atch+repairers. Please reverify with forumers here before sending your watches to repairers on the list to make sure you get the latest update on them.
4) Most importantly, look up historic threads on this vintage forum, a wealth of knowledge there.

NB: While this list serves to collate all vintage watch dealers forumers have possibly dealt with (from fellow forumers comments above) in one place, it in no way is a measure of the quality/originality of the watches that are on sale with them. Please conduct your own due diligence before you make any purchases by asking questions on the forum, posting pictures, getting references, etc. Also please notify us of any concerns and if the forumers agree I can take them off this list.

VERY IMPORTANT: As always refer to the footnotes and do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch, even from sellers listed as having a green star, since past recommendations are not necessarily a ticket for positive experiences in the future. So ask questions and verify watches through the forum "before" you buy any vintage watch. This is a forumer purchase experience list aimed at helping newbies find a vintage from known sources and is not an official recommendation list or a substitute for doing proper research on watches and sellers before you buy.

Hacked Accounts: There have been some instances when sellers accounts (websites and emails) have been hacked into and used by criminals to dupe buyers. Please try atleast making a phone call to the dealer besides the usual email communication before sending funds out to reduce the risk of being duped and ensure you are dealing with the right person.

Footnote 2: Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality since this dealer might not have the specific expertise catering specifically to collectors as some of the sellers here, has a 7 days no questions asked return policy.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Old 22 August 2014, 05:29 PM   #459
anirudh.412
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Met Ben from nbtimes personally in HK. He was gracious enough to not only hold the watch for over a week, during which he promptly replied to all my mails and pic requests but also came down to the hotel I was staying at to give me the watch. Couldnt have had a better experience and couldnt have got a better example of a 14060. Even shipped out the B&P at no extra cost so that I wouldnt have to risk it at the customs.

Have no issues recommending him
anirudh.412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2014, 04:28 PM   #460
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudh.412 View Post
Met Ben from nbtimes personally in HK. He was gracious enough to not only hold the watch for over a week, during which he promptly replied to all my mails and pic requests but also came down to the hotel I was staying at to give me the watch. Couldnt have had a better experience and couldnt have got a better example of a 14060. Even shipped out the B&P at no extra cost so that I wouldnt have to risk it at the customs.

Have no issues recommending him
Thanks for the referral!

Old 15 September 2014, 04:28 PM   #461
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Just reposting, no new updates!

• N/A

Footnote 2: Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality since this dealer might not have the specific expertise catering specifically to collectors as some of the sellers here, has a 7 days no questions asked return policy.

Old 22 September 2014, 02:27 AM   #462
Daytonaman799
2024 Pledge Member

Tarrytown Jewelers/Steve Dubinsky in NY is a great seller of both new and vintage and i have used him several times.
Daytonaman799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2014, 02:29 AM   #463
Daytonaman799
2024 Pledge Member

i have also bought from European Watch in Boston and had a very positive experience as i see he is on the list although i bought a PP from him and not a Rolex.
Daytonaman799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2014, 03:54 AM   #464
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonaman799 View Post
Tarrytown Jewelers/Steve Dubinsky in NY is a great seller of both new and vintage and i have used him several times.
Quote:
i have also bought from European Watch in Boston and had a very positive experience as i see he is on the list although i bought a PP from him and not a Rolex.
Thanks for the referrals mate!

Old 14 October 2014, 08:04 AM   #465
enatz
"TRF" Member

nothing on here yet for James and the guys from analogshift?

Bought a few watches from them- stand up guys.
enatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2014, 06:35 AM   #466
Goula1979
"TRF" Member

Anybody used Benwatch or Charles Tearle? If so, how was your experience?
Goula1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2014, 03:19 PM   #467
fattoro
"TRF" Member

Watch: small crown
Hello all, new here. Just moved here from VRF, am a member of MWR too.

I bought many items from Zaf Basha, no problem ever. Very nice guy.
Also purchased from Ben from NBtimes, he personally came and drop off my watch at a saturday, nice humble gentleman.
Parts from Roberto Randazzo, all perfect, amazing friendly guy.

Also tried John Putnam from www.coolvintagewatches.com
But very very bad experience with the transaction, took him a whole month to dispatch the watch. Every few days when i chase him up, he had a new excuse for not been able to send.

The Vintage concept (Central, Hong Kong), 2 purchased, 1 rolex (Good), another vintage blancpain seem to be partially no original (advised by another seasoned collector).
So please beware.

Hope this helps.
fattoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2014, 08:47 AM   #468
Kabayan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek, AP
Dear All...

How about www.vintagedaytona.com

Anyone has experienced buying or selling watches with them?

They are part of Le Collection heure, www.collection-heure.be

Please share your experiences

Cheers,
Old 25 October 2014, 07:43 PM   #469
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enatz View Post
nothing on here yet for James and the guys from analogshift?

Bought a few watches from them- stand up guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattoro View Post
Hello all, new here. Just moved here from VRF, am a member of MWR too.

I bought many items from Zaf Basha, no problem ever. Very nice guy.
Also purchased from Ben from NBtimes, he personally came and drop off my watch at a saturday, nice humble gentleman.
Parts from Roberto Randazzo, all perfect, amazing friendly guy.

Also tried John Putnam from www.coolvintagewatches.com
But very very bad experience with the transaction, took him a whole month to dispatch the watch. Every few days when i chase him up, he had a new excuse for not been able to send.

The Vintage concept (Central, Hong Kong), 2 purchased, 1 rolex (Good), another vintage blancpain seem to be partially no original (advised by another seasoned collector).
So please beware.

Hope this helps.
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the references guys!

Old 27 October 2014, 05:24 PM   #470
mobilejt
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing lume plots age
Can anyone comment on their experience with Ancienne in Barcelona?

mobilejt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2014, 01:10 PM   #471
khn
"TRF" Member

I don't ever post but needed to regarding nbtimes. I too just had a bad experience where I wired him money for an explorer and he tried extorting me for more money, saying his bank''s fees need to be reimbursed. I refused out of principle and wanted to warn others, I should have paid more attention to his poor recent reviews, do take care in dealing with nbtimes.co
khn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2014, 12:39 AM   #472
nbTimes
Banned

Watch: COMEX 1665
khn: I am writing in response to your comments. As your fees were deducted from the principle receiver, the final amount did not equate our original agreed price. This bank fee upon absorbed by myself, will result in a lower figure, which does not reflect our agreed amount.

I have since fully refunded the money to you - as your unhappiness was conveyed in our email communications. It is to my understanding that this problem was no longer present.

It is with regrets on my part your grievances be posted in this thread. On the flip side, freedom of internet choice is how collectors will stand to gain - if in your shoes, I would express with similar disdain.

However, I will still be around offering vintage Rolex watches now and in future. This is my business and it is of utmost importance to make sure your satisfaction is guaranteed. No matter how costly or economical of the watch value, I treat all customers alike - with or without miscommunications.

Thank you,

Ben
nbTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2014, 04:13 PM   #473
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Just reposting to be at end of thread, no new updates!

• N/A

Footnote 2: Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality since this dealer might not have the specific expertise catering specifically to collectors as some of the sellers here, has a 7 days no questions asked return policy.

Old 7 December 2014, 03:16 PM   #474
dilligaf24824
"TRF" Member

I recently purchased from HQmilton

dilligaf24824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2014, 07:37 PM   #475
jollerbarn

Watch: out for scammers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruvon View Post
Thanks updated, also can some of you comment on happy purchases made with any of the vendors below so can add in green stars as mentioned in footnote below?

1) Mark Lerman (mark@webstorm.com)
2) Jed aka Jedly1(http://www.thetimetraveler.co/)
3) Erik Ku (http://10pastten.com/)
4) Steve Mulholland (http://www.mulhollandtime.com/)
5) Mike wood (Www.theoldwatchshop.com )
6) Andrew Shear: andrewjshear@gmail.com
7) Jacek Kozubek - jacek.kozubek@gmail.com - San Francisco CA , hqmilton.com
8) Paul Seregin-seregins.com
9) Derek Dier-vintagewatchestobuy.com
10) coolvintagewatches.com
11) Zaf Basha-finertimes.com
12) http://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk/
13) Ben (nbtimes@gmail.com )
14) Ken Jacobs (wannabuyawatch.com )
15) Joshua Bonifas: Fourtane.com
16) Eric Iskin- Oldetown@sonic.net- Santa Rosa, CA- Olde Towne Jewelers

A green (*) against a dealers name indicates that atleast 2 forumers have purchased vintage watches from a dealer here, have received them and are happy. So if atleast 2 of you have purchased a vintage watch from any of the dealers in the list, have received it and are happy with the purchase please say so here so can update the dealers name with a green (*).

Rallepeng is a 100 % good guy, have made tons of deals with him and he knows his vintage. For Jedly I can say the same!
jollerbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2014, 01:33 AM   #476
blucius54
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay
Some really good suggestions on here as I look to purchase my first vintage. Does anyone know what is going on with Mulholland Time? The link looks to be dead.
blucius54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2014, 02:35 AM   #477
Marrk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Bob's Watches

Bob's Watches was referenced in today's Los Angeles Times.

http://www.bobswatches.com

Anybody have any experience with them? I am frequently in that area, but this is the first that I have heard of this retailer.

Thanks.
Marrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2014, 02:45 AM   #478
Charlie3755
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16520:18239:16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrk View Post
Bob's Watches was referenced in today's Los Angeles Times.

http://www.bobswatches.com

Anybody have any experience with them? I am frequently in that area, but this is the first that I have heard of this retailer.

Thanks.

Personally, I would not buy from them. I don't like their attitude in general. Poor customer service and follow up.

Prices are questionable.

Charlie3755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2014, 02:58 AM   #479
Marrk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Thanks, Charlie.

The prices on their site did, indeed, seem high.
Marrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2014, 03:02 AM   #480
Charlie3755
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16520:18239:16750
I think if you study Bobs watches and compare with some of the great sellers on this Forum, you will find the good guys here offer more complete and better quality watches. Just my 2 cents

Charlie3755 is offline   Reply With Quote