The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 20 December 2014, 09:36 AM   #1
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Icon5 Forum help needed?

Guys I wonder if anyone can help me forward a good deed onto another fellow Rolex owner, as far as I'm aware he's not a TRF member but I'm hoping to bring him to the dark side

He's not having the best of times and to make matters worse he has lost the screw out of his Submariner 116610 bracelet, it's not the main links screws (which are the only ones I have spare) but the one the goes through the last link onto the clasp itself, I believe it reference 32-20638

Now no UK AD, or watchmaker are willing to supply a screw but want the watch sent to them and as the screws come in a pack of 5 all in we are talking around £70-80 all in! Bloody madness! Or the alternative is a 6 hour round trip to the nearest RSC

I'm hoping as it seem our US or EU based members have an easier time sourcing parts someone is wiling to help?

I'll cover the part cost and P&P
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2014, 02:33 PM   #2
Dalton
TechXpert

Watch: 168000
Unbeliveable! Geez, any AD in the US would cover this, no problem. You walk in with the watch, and they should easily order them, they install it, and store the rest for future customers.
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2014, 05:19 PM   #3
SC11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
Unbeliveable! Geez, any AD in the US would cover this, no problem. You walk in with the watch, and they should easily order them, they install it, and store the rest for future customers.
You would of thought?!

I'm lost as such a simple thing has become such a headache!
Old 20 December 2014, 05:25 PM   #4
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
If you buy a pack of 5 Sam you would have the UK market covered.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2014, 08:32 PM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
Guys I wonder if anyone can help me forward a good deed onto another fellow Rolex owner, as far as I'm aware he's not a TRF member but I'm hoping to bring him to the dark side

He's not having the best of times and to make matters worse he has lost the screw out of his Submariner 116610 bracelet, it's not the main links screws (which are the only ones I have spare) but the one the goes through the last link onto the clasp itself, I believe it reference 32-20638

Now no UK AD, or watchmaker are willing to supply a screw but want the watch sent to them and as the screws come in a pack of 5 all in we are talking around £70-80 all in! Bloody madness! Or the alternative is a 6 hour round trip to the nearest RSC

I'm hoping as it seem our US or EU based members have an easier time sourcing parts someone is wiling to help?

I'll cover the part cost and P&P
And where did you get that £70 for 5 screws from,now if he visits Rolex St James square London I am sure they would install a screw at no cost,and myself have sourced a few screws from a AD at again no cost,if still cannot source one try below link they are Generic but equal quality .

http://watchpart.co.uk/rolex-generic...ws-p-2964.html

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2014, 08:54 PM   #6
SC11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
If you buy a pack of 5 Sam you would have the UK market covered.
Hey I'm more then willing to buy a pack of five!
But one line I just got from an AD is we can't order screws as the are parts and without an incompany or onsite watchmaker we are not allowed to order parts! Let's hope they never damaged a screw on sizing then

And then going back to the ones that do have a watchmaker its roughly the same sorry, 'sir we need to have the watch physically in front of us and cannot send you the screw, the screws come in a minimum pack of five which will will charge you for the complete pack however we can only fit the one you need and not let you have the spares' this and a mimium labour charge of around £40 plus vat just seems so bloody stupid!

I have only called two AD's for him but I gather he spent the best part of yesterday ringing around to get it sorted and was greeted with pretty much the same response across the board!
Old 20 December 2014, 09:02 PM   #7
SC11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
And where did you get that £70 for 5 screws from,now if he visits Rolex St James square London I am sure they would install a screw at no cost,and myself have sourced a few screws from a AD at again no cost,if still cannot source one try below link they are Generic but equal quality .

http://watchpart.co.uk/rolex-generic...ws-p-2964.html

Peter,

Thanks for the link now that is an option!

I know what you are saying, the guy lives in Dorset so both RSC are around a 6 hour round trip driving I'm not sure about commuting though.

And the £70 came from two quotes of very similar regions stating £40-£45 labour plus VAT, plus pack of screws and then as the required the watch in person insured shipping there and back.

The guy is just on another forum in the UK and has reached out for help with no luck and as I know what a great bunch we have thought I'd do the deed of trying to see if anyone here could help
Old 23 December 2014, 02:48 AM   #8
rmfnla
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ
Quote:
Peter,

Thanks for the link now that is an option!

I know what you are saying, the guy lives in Dorset so both RSC are around a 6 hour round trip driving I'm not sure about commuting though.

And the £70 came from two quotes of very similar regions stating £40-£45 labour plus VAT, plus pack of screws and then as the required the watch in person insured shipping there and back.

The guy is just on another forum in the UK and has reached out for help with no luck and as I know what a great bunch we have thought I'd do the deed of trying to see if anyone here could help
Classic example of making a mountain out of a mole hill...
Old 23 December 2014, 04:34 AM   #9
SC11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmfnla View Post
Classic example of making a mountain out of a mole hill...
How's that?

From my maths

Say £40 plus vat is £48
Pack of screws £5-£10
Shipping £10-£15 each way
So £73-£88 total!
Old 23 December 2014, 04:38 AM   #10
rmfnla
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How's that?

From my maths

Say £40 plus vat is £48
Pack of screws £5-£10
Shipping £10-£15 each way
So £73-£88 total!
No, your math is fine.

I meant the AD; £40-£45 for putting is a screw is a screw indeed...
Old 23 December 2014, 04:47 AM   #11
SC11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmfnla View Post
No, your math is fine.

I meant the AD; £40-£45 for putting is a screw is a screw indeed...
Sorry fella thought you meant me

I first thought the guy is not asking the right people so gave him links to a few good AD's and independants but all came back the same!

I have put him on contact with a forum seller who's based in the EU so he should be able to sort it but still it's a shame the guy has to source from another country and more then likely pay more for shipping then the item itself just to get a single link screw!

Absolute madness from Rolex UK really!!! Well guess in their defence they would do it for free at a RSC but at a 6 hour round trip plus a day off work for most it's not doable, surely they could be a little more helpful via AD's!
Old 24 December 2014, 04:49 AM   #12
rmfnla
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry fella thought you meant me
No worries...