The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 4 August 2016, 04:20 AM   #31
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Best thread revival ever, can't believe I just saw this. Thanks for the tip, I plan on picking up one of the steel clasps for my POC 9300 this weekend if they have it in stock in the Chicago boutique. For others interested, it looks like the steel part number is 117STZ001154 at a cost of $120, I will confirm once I get it and fit it to my watch.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2016, 10:36 AM   #32
moby33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
Best thread revival ever, can't believe I just saw this. Thanks for the tip, I plan on picking up one of the steel clasps for my POC 9300 this weekend if they have it in stock in the Chicago boutique. For others interested, it looks like the steel part number is 117STZ001154 at a cost of $120, I will confirm once I get it and fit it to my watch.
moby33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2016, 10:37 AM   #33
moby33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodok View Post
Thanks Moby for the part number. It is indeed a nice way to adjust the fitment on POC 9300 Ti.
Old 8 August 2016, 10:02 PM   #34
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Got the clasp swapped out yesterday at the Chicago boutique. The folks there are great, a salesman named Julio helped me out. Total was $117 plus tax, and they threw in some springbars for free. He said that he was leery the first time someone requested a swap, but contacted a boutique in Pennsylvania (King of Prussia), read the WUS thread, and got it sorted out. Now they have done a bunch of swaps, took maybe five minutes while my wife and I browsed around.

This small modification really makes the POC 9300 a more wearable watch on bracelet in the summer for me. I was in and out of air conditioned places, and it's really quick to undo the clasp, adjust a click, and secure the clasp. It's also physically longer than the original, so when it's open, it's now easier to slide the hand through the bracelet. For those doing it at home, I needed one link taken out to account for the increased length of the clasp, and I now have the perfect range for going from a cold room to a hot and humid mess outside.
Old 13 August 2016, 12:05 AM   #35
Robrob777
"TRF" Member

The bezel insert and dial on the POs (non gmt) is not black but grey. That was a deal breaker for me this week when I went to the boutique with cash in hand. The sub bezel and dial are pure black. The sub is still ahead on the game.
Robrob777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2016, 11:26 AM   #36
moby33
"TRF" Member

Quote:

This small modification really makes the POC 9300 a more wearable watch on bracelet in the summer for me.
Exactly...such a big improvement. As I said before, not sure why Omega hasn't made this standard on all 9300's...seems like a no-brainer to me.
Old 14 August 2016, 11:27 AM   #37
moby33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrob777 View Post
The bezel insert and dial on the POs (non gmt) is not black but grey. That was a deal breaker for me this week when I went to the boutique with cash in hand. The sub bezel and dial are pure black. The sub is still ahead on the game.
Uuummm...okayyyyy.
Old 12 September 2016, 05:37 AM   #38
bmrisko
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many...
Quote:
Got the clasp swapped out yesterday at the Chicago boutique. The folks there are great, a salesman named Julio helped me out. Total was $117 plus tax, and they threw in some springbars for free. He said that he was leery the first time someone requested a swap, but contacted a boutique in Pennsylvania (King of Prussia), read the WUS thread, and got it sorted out. Now they have done a bunch of swaps, took maybe five minutes while my wife and I browsed around.

This small modification really makes the POC 9300 a more wearable watch on bracelet in the summer for me. I was in and out of air conditioned places, and it's really quick to undo the clasp, adjust a click, and secure the clasp. It's also physically longer than the original, so when it's open, it's now easier to slide the hand through the bracelet. For those doing it at home, I needed one link taken out to account for the increased length of the clasp, and I now have the perfect range for going from a cold room to a hot and humid mess outside.
Is anything else required to fit the clasp to a 9300 chrono aside from the clasp? I am having my local boutique order the clasp and wanted to make sure nothing else out of the ordinary is needed that they may need to order. It appears as if they have not done this swap for anyone yet.
bmrisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2016, 08:46 AM   #39
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
Is anything else required to fit the clasp to a 9300 chrono aside from the clasp? I am having my local boutique order the clasp and wanted to make sure nothing else out of the ordinary is needed that they may need to order. It appears as if they have not done this swap for anyone yet.
Just the clasp. They can call up to the Chicago boutique for assistance.
Old 12 September 2016, 08:51 AM   #40
bmrisko
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many...
Quote:
Just the clasp. They can call up to the Chicago boutique for assistance.
Thanks!
bmrisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2016, 04:50 AM   #41
moby33
"TRF" Member

Exactly, nothing special needed. Just like removing a link, only need a small jewelers screw driver. Takes about 5 mins...simple stuff. I still don't know why all POC's don't come with these clasps...I adjust my watch at least 3-4 times per week depending on temperature and my activity...just like the DSSD, this micro-adjustable clasp makes the watch so much more versatile.
Old 14 September 2016, 05:02 AM   #42
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby33 View Post
Exactly...such a big improvement. As I said before, not sure why Omega hasn't made this standard on all 9300's...seems like a no-brainer to me.
cause they would rather have a 10,000 watch strapped to that clasp for you to obtain one. just like rolex glidelock - who doesn't want it across the lineup
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote