The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 30 May 2015, 02:31 AM   #91
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangellight View Post
Lol, am i the one who dont care history? I just buy watch that i like the design and model. Hahaha
Welcome to TRF...many us are watch nuts around here
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2015, 03:05 AM   #92
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkrut View Post
Let's remember, these are just watches. Deciding on whether you prefer an AP to a Hublot is not really a matter of world peace.
I don't agree, I think we should ask the UN to put this matter into decision at the next security council

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreambreaX View Post
Instead of judging the brand, lets judge by its model.

If you compare rubberclad and ferrari, i would say ferrari.

If you compare the schumi and old big bang, i would say schumi.
I like neither bezel of rubber clad or ferrari, of course Schumi
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2015, 09:56 AM   #93
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Shockingly slow means five months for a regular ROO service.
conkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2015, 11:31 AM   #94
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Well Roger isn't the only one to have said something positive about Hublot, at the beginning of this page I posted:

"Hublot may have some interesting models but they just don't sing to me, but I must admit they have done a big step since the beginning, they now make it seems, minute repeater models, and other complications but it's just not mine…"

But of course I am far from being a collector of Roger's level, I have some negative feelings about Hublot for things that for me are taken from AP, PP and IWC, but I must admit that is just design wise, and that movement wise, if they are making them in-house, they made enormous steps since their beginnings when you see that they make very complicated ones like minute repeaters, in fact I kinda like their models except for their Big Bang and King Power lines which I really don't like, for the spirit of big bang line I am neutral, don't like but don't dislike either, the MP line is clearly quite innovative but not really my cup of tea, the classic fusion line does have some skeleton models that I quite like, the tourbillon and minute repeater, of course I don't know the price of these models but I suppose more than 6 figures which means that for that price I would go for a RM piece instead, so basically some classic fusion models are very nice, but for skeleton pieces I still prefer AP and RM to Hublot.

Even if most TRF members don't like the brand, I don't think anyone can say honestly that what they make is crap quality wise, it's mostly design wise IMO that collectors don't like the brand very much, in my case also the fact of having lived 8 years in Odessa Ukraine where there was a lot people with real or fake Hublot watches kind of got on my nerves, funny as I never once saw a Rolex sub there but Hublot watches by the dozens, there were a few shops selling them, replicas, in the city center
Sorry, Arnaud, I did not mean to ignore you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
No bandwagon for me--I stand by my original feelings--I don't like them period. I don't like the way they look, I don't like the way they blatantly copy other watch designs, ultra high discounts=deplorable resale, I don't like unico and I could go on and on.

Can I appreciate them, sure. Do I like or want one--never.

The question was simple: AP or Hublot. I answered.

Some of us (me) might really not like the brand or the watch and I gave my reason(s).

The brand isn't going to appeal to everybody, I get it. I just feel that it gets an unfair break around here. A lot of gripes that people have with Hublot can be applied to many other brands, yet Hublot tends to generate such visceral reactions.

I really don't have a dog in this fight. I don't own a Hublot or an AP and honestly, if I had the cash, I'd probably spend it on a vintage Rolex since that's my thing. I don't know what it is, but a lot of members here, especially AP owners seem to be on the defensive when it comes to Hublot. I think we can establish that Hublot does not have the pedigree (nor will it likely ever) of AP, but that's not what Hublot is all about, is it? I appreciate the brand for what it is and I think it has its place in the watch world. I know most will not agree with me, but this is my opinion.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2015, 11:42 AM   #95
conkers
"TRF" Member

I think that is an excellent post Wes! As I mentioned before I have a lot of respect for what Biver has given the industry. I have no bias either, I buy almost everything if I take a fancy to them.
Old 30 May 2015, 11:48 AM   #96
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post

I really don't have a dog in this fight. I don't own a Hublot or an AP and honestly, if I had the cash, I'd probably spend it on a vintage Rolex since that's my thing. I don't know what it is, but a lot of members here, especially AP owners seem to be on the defensive :
...or maybe (some) people just don't like it. Simple. It's called an 'opinion'--we all have them.

Some people don't like AP. That's ok. Will I stop buying AP because someone has a different opinion? No. Some people don't like RM. Will I stop buying it? No. Hublot will continue to copy (blatantly) other watch makers designs--for me I like the real thing.

Anywho, to the OP, go with what sings to you.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2015, 12:36 PM   #97
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Good god I can't believe people want to defend hublot. Complete lack of originality, nil history, names like king bang boom bam

Not calling you out Wes my friend. I just fit squarely in the camp of disliking hublot and I'm not an AP evangelist by a LONG shot.
Old 30 May 2015, 01:13 PM   #98
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
I think that is an excellent post Wes! As I mentioned before I have a lot of respect for what Biver has given the industry. I have no bias either, I buy almost everything if I take a fancy to them.
Right on, Roger.

Quote:
...or maybe (some) people just don't like it. Simple. It's called an 'opinion'--we all have them.

Some people don't like AP. That's ok. Will I stop buying AP because someone has a different opinion? No. Some people don't like RM. Will I stop buying it? No. Hublot will continue to copy (blatantly) other watch makers designs--for me I like the real thing.

You're right. We all have our opinions. I'm certainly not here to try to change your opinion or the opinion of anybody else. I was just looking for a discussion.

Anyway, have a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Good god I can't believe people want to defend hublot. Complete lack of originality, nil history, names like king bang boom bam

Not calling you out Wes my friend. I just fit squarely in the camp of disliking hublot and I'm not an AP evangelist by a LONG shot.
No worries, man.

Not long ago, I was very much against Hublot. I don't know what happened, but I started looking at the brand differently and I have definitely come around. Of course, I do not like every model. Some are, imo, downright ugly.

I can see value in almost any brand. From conservative brands like Rolex and Patek to very small, high end brands like Laurent Ferrier and FPJ to brands that are really "out there" like Hublot, HYT and RM, I like them all.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2015, 01:20 PM   #99
h999r
Banned

Watch: -ing Barts.
Quote:

Good point Paul. I don't like vintage watches it's not my taste. I won't even wearing it if somebody give me the watch.
At the end , it's about taste again.
h999r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2015, 01:25 PM   #100
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
At the end of the day, buy what you like that makes you happy. There is no right or wrong answer.
benlee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2015, 01:31 PM   #101
speedfighter
"TRF" Member

Yeah Mr. Biver is a legend in the industry and I love Hublot well the King Power Oceanographic line anyway. HYT, Urwerk, the 50mm round RM watches and MB&F HM04 are so cool IMO yet the purists might call my tastes tragic-but you know what who gives a toss-your money, your wrist, your watch-The end. No other rationale or explanation required :)
speedfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2015, 05:22 PM   #102
Archangellight
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
At the end of the day, buy what you like that makes you happy. There is no right or wrong answer.
This is really good answer i believe. There is no right and wrong. All are right if we like it
Archangellight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2015, 10:22 PM   #103
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
I really don't have a dog in this fight. I don't own a Hublot or an AP and honestly, if I had the cash, I'd probably spend it on a vintage Rolex since that's my thing. I don't know what it is, but a lot of members here, especially AP owners seem to be on the defensive when it comes to Hublot. I think we can establish that Hublot does not have the pedigree (nor will it likely ever) of AP, but that's not what Hublot is all about, is it? I appreciate the brand for what it is and I think it has its place in the watch world. I know most will not agree with me, but this is my opinion.
Well I was another to stick up a bit for Hublot . I think the reason why AP owners esp go after Hublot is that Hublot with their Big Bang range really did seem to copy the ROOs in design and price but not in movement using ETAs. Patek and Lange owners did not have this liberty taken.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2015, 11:08 PM   #104
jdkrut
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
I own both. I prefer AP, but I don't have a problem with Hublot.
jdkrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2015, 02:02 AM   #105
Archangellight
"TRF" Member

Its funny to see AP owner defend AP. Even They defend AP, they dont get any money from AP. Lol

I like both brand. In AP I like novelties schumi and Gp. Hublot i Like the unico and ferrari and the new perpetual unico. They are all awesome thanks to the maker. Lets appreciate the diversity instead of bashing this and that
Old 31 May 2015, 02:40 AM   #106
improviz
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzz View Post
I agree with Wes, no need to be on the defensive from AP fans. Let AP designers get offended by it, even though i'm pretty sure they are flattered when being copied.
To each his own opinion.
I don't think expressing a negative opinion about a product that so flagrantly copied design queues qualifies as being defensive, firstly because expressing an opinion that has been solicited by OP isn't "defensive", and secondly because the proposition itself is incorrect, as it presumes there is something there worth defending against.
116520 white; 16613 black; 116710; 16570 polar; 16600. AP 15400; 15703. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Glashutte Sport Evo GMT. Omega Planet Ocean 2907.50.91; Planet Ocean Liquidmetal LE 222.30.42.20.01.001; Seamaster 2255.80.00. Breitling Crosswind, white. Panerai PAM 005. VC Overseas Chrono, black.
improviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2015, 02:41 AM   #107
improviz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Its funny to see AP owner defend AP. Even They defend AP, they dont get any money from AP. Lol

I like both brand. In AP I like novelties schumi and Gp. Hublot i Like the unico and ferrari and the new perpetual unico. They are all awesome thanks to the maker. Lets appreciate the diversity instead of bashing this and that
The post solicited opinions, and therefore the thread will contain them. Try using ignore function if you find this disturbing.
116520 white; 16613 black; 116710; 16570 polar; 16600. AP 15400; 15703. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Glashutte Sport Evo GMT. Omega Planet Ocean 2907.50.91; Planet Ocean Liquidmetal LE 222.30.42.20.01.001; Seamaster 2255.80.00. Breitling Crosswind, white. Panerai PAM 005. VC Overseas Chrono, black.
Old 31 May 2015, 02:43 AM   #108
improviz
"TRF" Member

Quote:

In my taste, that is very beautiful watch, I like the skeleton. I have it and its very very quality watch. When I wear it, many people asking what watch is it and they think its incredibly expensive.
Post some pics, let's see some wrist shots.
Old 31 May 2015, 03:56 AM   #109
Archangellight
"TRF" Member

Upgraded to diamond bezel so there will be no more scratch. In the photo the diamond looks less shine, in reality during sun light or strong light its shine like heaven
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (94.1 KB, 143 views)
Old 31 May 2015, 03:58 AM   #110
Archangellight
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by improviz View Post
The post solicited opinions, and therefore the thread will contain them. Try using ignore function if you find this disturbing.
?

Im just joking dont take it too seriously. Are u offended? Take it easy man life is short!!
Old 31 May 2015, 10:36 AM   #111
improviz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
?

Im just joking dont take it too seriously. Are u offended? Take it easy man life is short!!
I take exception to your saying "it's funny to see AP owners defend AP". Saying we don't like Hublot != defending AP, AP needs no defense against Hublot, for many reasons. There is nothing whatsoever defensive in an opinion, and opinions are what the OP asked for.
Old 31 May 2015, 10:37 AM   #112
improviz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Upgraded to diamond bezel so there will be no more scratch. In the photo the diamond looks less shine, in reality during sun light or strong light its shine like heaven
Is that the only pic you have?
Old 31 May 2015, 11:55 AM   #113
Archangellight
"TRF" Member

Who are u improvis? I dont like replying to u anymore. I feel u r very pushy guy. Im ignoring u soon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (146.1 KB, 128 views)
Old 31 May 2015, 12:03 PM   #114
Archangellight
"TRF" Member

Movement on the back, sorry for the crap picture. My phone cant shoot in close.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (50.0 KB, 121 views)
Old 31 May 2015, 12:30 PM   #115
conkers
"TRF" Member

Relax everyone. Opinions are what makes for interesting discussions, let's not discourage people from sharing opinions.
Old 31 May 2015, 01:04 PM   #116
Archangellight
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Relax everyone. Opinions are what makes for interesting discussions, let's not discourage people from sharing opinions.
Thanks for the kind word
Old 31 May 2015, 10:07 PM   #117
Ticking_Sonata
"TRF" Member

Lets keep it open mindedd
Ticking_Sonata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2015, 07:11 AM   #118
h999r
Banned

Nice watch ... Different people different taste.
Old 1 June 2015, 07:58 AM   #119
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Welcome to TRF...many us are watch nuts around here
I absolutely don't know who Paul is referring to

Quote:
Shockingly slow means five months for a regular ROO service.
WOW they're almost at Patek standards

Quote:
Sorry, Arnaud, I did not mean to ignore you.
No problem mate

Quote:

Exactly, go with what sings to you, 1,5 year ago I asked opinion about a Blancpain L-Evolution alarm GMT against a 15300 blue dial, 99% said the BP is shit go for the AP, I went for the BP since I got it 99% new for 45% of the retail price, and sold it making 1,5K benefit, but I should've taken the AP, I would probably still have it and the prices went up like crazy on the 15300 models, especially blue dial ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post

Tom I kinda agree but as I said I like there classic fusion line with the skeleton models, and as far as I know they are good quality time pieces, but the other lines, Big Bang, and I don't know what else I really don't like design wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
That is THE answer, ask opinions of members if you need a push in this or that direction, but buy what you like, not what others like, except if the resale is VERY important for you, in that case better get a piece that people like rather than one all hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Well I was another to stick up a bit for Hublot . I think the reason why AP owners esp go after Hublot is that Hublot with their Big Bang range really did seem to copy the ROOs in design and price but not in movement using ETAs. Patek and Lange owners did not have this liberty taken.
Hublot uses ETA movements? Of course maybe on the simple ones but do they make themselves the movements for the tourbillon, minute repeaters and other complicated ones? If not who makes them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by improviz View Post
I don't think expressing a negative opinion about a product that so flagrantly copied design queues qualifies as being defensive, firstly because expressing an opinion that has been solicited by OP isn't "defensive", and secondly because the proposition itself is incorrect, as it presumes there is something there worth defending against.
That's what I dislike, the fact that they so blatantly copied some other watch designs...

Quote:
Well diamonds are not for me, but again get what sings to you and don't pay more attention than needed to the watch geeks that we are here

Quote:
Movement on the back, sorry for the crap picture. My phone cant shoot in close.
Cool looking movement is it made in house, is it a modified ETA (nothing wrong with that, I had 2 LE Pams with modified ETA's) or is it another brand making them for Hublot? If yes which brand makes their movements?

Quote:
Exactly Roger, this is the nicest place I've seen so far on the net where people discuss and express their opinions in an "educated" way

Quote:
Originally Posted by h999r View Post
Nice watch ... Different people different taste.
If we all had the exact same tastes life would be boring, and the choice of watches would be also very boring, some like time and date only in SS, some like RG or YG with diamonds, and there's those in between, and that's the way it should be thank God

By the way I ca't believe this thread is already 4 pages, wonder how many will be when it stops, maybe we should ask for it to be a sticky?

lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2015, 12:58 PM   #120
h999r
Banned

Exactly .. 4 pages ... :)
I think I remember awhile back. Almost the same thread. But won't last more then 1 page.