The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 4 September 2023, 05:07 AM   #91
cy888
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw92676 View Post
I got to try these on recently. My feeling was the opposite and I cancelled my deposit. I’m probably the biggest LV high watch fanboy on this forum and many others…just was not into this despite “wanting” it to be. Jean is creating is his own footprint but I miss Papa V.
Was there anything specific that made you change your mind after trying it on?
cy888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 11:09 AM   #92
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy888 View Post
Was there anything specific that made you change your mind after trying it on?
It lacked substance. I like the dial but it was a bit flat. The lugless bracelet was not very impressive. The movement did look as ornate as in pictures. And on the wrist it was very pedestrian. Ultimately it did not have a “wow” factor. In reality 20k is not horribly expensive for a nice watch, it’s not cheap either.

I will always have a fond spot for LV. This is just not for me.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 11:40 AM   #93
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It lacked substance. I like the dial but it was a bit flat. The lugless bracelet was not very impressive. The movement did look as ornate as in pictures. And on the wrist it was very pedestrian. Ultimately it did not have a “wow” factor. In reality 20k is not horribly expensive for a nice watch, it’s not cheap either.

It happens for sure, granted to be real, this "includes" a 9k ish LV watch trunk box as well re pricing. I think these initial pieces are really only comparable to the more simple 5711/15500/IWC Ingeniuer/Chopard alpine eagle style vs anything thats overly wild or creative as that's been in LV's profile for a bit and this is the new language.
sechsgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 11:58 AM   #94
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechsgang View Post
It happens for sure, granted to be real, this "includes" a 9k ish LV watch trunk box as well re pricing. I think these initial pieces are really only comparable to the more simple 5711/15500/IWC Ingeniuer/Chopard alpine eagle style vs anything thats overly wild or creative as that's been in LV's profile for a bit and this is the new language.
The trunk is not even the same as the original high watches came in. It’s more akin to what the newer (2020 onwards) high jewelry comes in. Regardless it will make a nice display item for the owner.

The new design language feels good on paper, just not on the wrist for me. If I ended up adding this, I don’t think I’d wear it enough to justify the acquisition. So for me, I’m skipping this and instead more interested in high complications.
Old 4 September 2023, 12:17 PM   #95
windingmybusiness
"TRF" Member

Quote:

This was my experience as well.
windingmybusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 01:50 PM   #96
gm58
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windingmybusiness View Post
This was my experience as well.
Went to try a few pieces on as well, the dial doesnt seem live up to the hype (albeit still quite nice) and in my opinion, the bracelet doesnt really stand out or match that well with the case shape.

Nice piece nonetheless and i was surprised at how comfortable it wore on the wrist with its very slim profile. The size is also great and will fit well on small wrists as well
gm58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 01:59 PM   #97
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Not fond of this bracelet or its awkward transition with the watch head / case. Looks odd. Wish this had more traditional lugs and could be worn with a classy strap. Oh well.
Old 9 September 2023, 01:29 PM   #98
Blue Crown
2024 Pledge Member

Incoming_New Tambour Blue Dial

Initial Thread from Watcheroo:
Very interesting release in my opinion. I like the clean design. What’s your first impression?

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/lo...n-tambour-2023

Thanks for posting this thread. It peaked my interest. I appreciate blue dial watches. I also appreciate the new direction the young leadership is envisioning for LVMH. I believe they are already successful with the other "truer" watch brands they own so this should be interesting as it develops.

I became passionate on collecting watches over the past 2 years and find the hobby fascinating and expensive. My primary commitments (5+ per brand) is Rolex and Cartier. I have Tudor, Breitling, Citizen, Christopher Ward and a beautiful Zenith. I have had my eye on this Tambour watch since I first started watching the Youtube videos and online information early this summer. Then a few weeks back stumbled upon this thread. I found the comments, additional info & links provided by members insightful and added to my interest. The Rolex Forum is just excellent.

I too, was impressed with Jean Arnault's interviews and passion for watches as a collector. I think he has an incredible opportunity to take control of this LVMH division and envision his dream. I know this watch is a big step up for the brand.

I think this watch is beautiful and unique in its enhancements and design. But that can be said about a lot of watches. What draws collectors to a particular watch or brand is personal taste and I appreciate my pieces like fine art.

So, in early July I was in NYC and stopped in at the LV on 57th street in Manhattan. I wanted to see if they had this watch available to view and try on. I am not a LVMH client but respect and admire the brand and interested in the blue Tambour. My wife owns a couple of bags that were purchased over the years but that was it. I am very passionate about watches and with that, I was directed to one of their watch CA's. He was very informative and excited about this shift in watchmaking for LVMH as well. They unfortunately at that time did not have them available in the store. He explained they are planning an initial release of 17 of each style in the U.S. for end of 2023 and would be limited in the low hundreds for 2024 on.

He informed me that the store would receive a few of each style for initial release to their private clients – possibly starting October delivered in their oversize watch trunk. (See pic provided by CA from an event – not my pic). The watch box / trunk alone is in the $6K+ range so the watch value is probably closer to a $12K piece.

I asked if they had an initial release blue dial tambour available for sale as it would possibly make a great addition to my collection. He checked with his manager, who came out to meet me and after a brief conversation, she offered me one in blue. I bought it on the blind – 30 days return from delivery expected Mid-October. To me it was worth the risk. I was traveling to Paris in September, and they offered to arrange for a viewing at one of the LV boutiques there.

Big surprise, this past Wednesday the CA called to let me know the exhibition watches had arrived in NYC. As I was in town again, he invited me in for a private viewing. I can say I am very happy with the watch. My iphone pictures are truly bad as I tried to catch the difference in the shifting of the blues – sometimes going grey. I focused on the pics of the blue tambour only. I find the lug-less band sleek and sexy as it nicely hugs and wraps around my 7.5” wrist perfectly. The thin 8.3mm case sinks into the skin of the top my wrist adding to the overall sleekness. The detail overall is amazing and shows off the brand (name & logo) in different ways on the front and within the movement. The name Louis Vuitton has 12 letters. Clever and unique to see them stamped on the outer bezel, to match the positioning of the 12-hour markers subtle and not blaring from the distance. The movement is a nice design in its monotone simplicity and the rose gold rotor and accents. The finishing is detailed and fine, it is a beautiful watch and somewhat mesmerizing. The five different combinations shown in the box were very nice. These are the first in a new level and offering of watches. Well done LVMH.

Still going to view then in Paris next week. More pics to follow and I will add the other models as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture1.jpg (14.0 KB, 721 views)
File Type: jpg Picture2.jpg (14.1 KB, 719 views)
File Type: jpg Picture3.jpg (75.6 KB, 720 views)
File Type: jpg Picture4.jpg (13.9 KB, 722 views)
File Type: jpg Picture5.jpg (63.1 KB, 719 views)
File Type: jpg Picture6.jpg (57.3 KB, 723 views)
File Type: jpg Picture7.jpg (36.6 KB, 720 views)
File Type: jpg Picture8.jpg (75.4 KB, 723 views)
File Type: jpg Picture9.jpg (39.5 KB, 722 views)
File Type: jpg Picture10.jpg (13.7 KB, 721 views)
Old 11 September 2023, 12:27 AM   #99
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crown View Post
Initial Thread from Watcheroo:
Very interesting release in my opinion. I like the clean design. What’s your first impression?

Big surprise, this past Wednesday the CA called to let me know the exhibition watches had arrived in NYC. As I was in town again, he invited me in for a private viewing. I can say I am very happy with the watch. My iphone pictures are truly bad as I tried to catch the difference in the shifting of the blues – sometimes going grey. I focused on the pics of the blue tambour only. I find the lug-less band sleek and sexy as it nicely hugs and wraps around my 7.5” wrist perfectly. The thin 8.3mm case sinks into the skin of the top my wrist adding to the overall sleekness. The detail overall is amazing and shows off the brand (name & logo) in different ways on the front and within the movement. The name Louis Vuitton has 12 letters. Clever and unique to see them stamped on the outer bezel, to match the positioning of the 12-hour markers subtle and not blaring from the distance. The movement is a nice design in its monotone simplicity and the rose gold rotor and accents. The finishing is detailed and fine, it is a beautiful watch and somewhat mesmerizing. The five different combinations shown in the box were very nice. These are the first in a new level and offering of watches. Well done LVMH.

Still going to view then in Paris next week. More pics to follow and I will add the other models as well.
Nice! Your pics are great. Please share your impressions as you get more wrist time with it. Enjoy :)
Old 7 October 2023, 01:05 PM   #100
Blue Crown
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcheroo View Post

Just got back from Paris and the event at the Cheval Blanc Hotel with more wrist time with the new blue Tambour. It is a great piece and am happy with my purchase and look forward to receiving it in NYC this November.

I was also impressed with one of their other higher end watches and was amazed with the event overall. I was able to view many of their products that I never knew existed. From jewelry to home furnishings. Big luxury brand - on so many levels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4023.jpg (70.4 KB, 651 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8036.jpg (68.2 KB, 649 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6677.jpg (102.3 KB, 653 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6775.jpg (133.1 KB, 656 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6669.jpg (68.0 KB, 648 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6672.jpg (154.4 KB, 665 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6671.jpg (175.6 KB, 652 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4194.jpg (128.4 KB, 652 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6683.jpg (126.6 KB, 655 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6680.jpg (162.9 KB, 657 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6681.jpg (196.3 KB, 653 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4072.jpg (115.9 KB, 657 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4189.jpg (146.4 KB, 656 views)
Old 8 October 2023, 01:57 AM   #101
IGY
"TRF" Member

The movement really is striking. Very attractive indeed. The bracelet reminds me of the Omega Constellation however.
IGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2023, 09:36 PM   #102
Jb1264
"TRF" Member

Is anyone in favour of the French on the dial, but English on the movement?
It would be better to use one language
Jb1264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2023, 07:40 AM   #103
AperolSpritz
"TRF" Member

Honestly, the watch looks good!
But LV has become so vulgar, I would never put an LV watch on my wrist.
And I know there are lots of people like me.
They will sell, no doubt.
But in the watch game - they will fail. Feel free to dig that post in 5 years...
AperolSpritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2023, 07:51 AM   #104
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb1264 View Post
You're right, should all be French.

The Asian version will be Ltd Ed in their language, as the English / New York Ltd Ed.... and a Saudia Arabia / Dubai version in their language. Just an idea.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2023, 11:56 AM   #105
cy888
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Just got back from Paris and the event at the Cheval Blanc Hotel with more wrist time with the new blue Tambour. It is a great piece and am happy with my purchase and look forward to receiving it in NYC this November.

I was also impressed with one of their other higher end watches and was amazed with the event overall. I was able to view many of their products that I never knew existed. From jewelry

to home furnishings. Big luxury brand - on so many levels.
Great stuff, thanks for posting.
I look forward to receiving mine hopefully later this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb1264 View Post
Is anyone in favour of the French on the dial, but English on the movement?
If referring to the Fab. Suisse on dial, its a nod to both La Fabrique du Temps and vintage Fab. Suisse dials
http://www.onthedash.com/the-fab-sui...n-watch-dials/

Quote:
Originally Posted by AperolSpritz View Post
Honestly, the watch looks good!
But LV has become so vulgar, I would never put an LV watch on my wrist.
And I know there are lots of people like me.
They will sell, no doubt.
But in the watch game - they will fail. Feel free to dig that post in 5 years...
Jean Arnault is taking initiatives to move LV's watchmaking into a new direction, LFT operates like an independent manufacture.
They have plans for next 5 years of collabs with independent watchmakers,
The first is the AkriviA x LV, It'll be interesting to see where LV's watch game is 5 years later.
cy888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2024, 06:30 PM   #106
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I was also impressed with one of their other higher end watches and was amazed with the event overall. I was able to view many of their products that I never knew existed. From jewelry to home furnishings. Big luxury brand - on so many levels.

Thanks for sharing the info and pics. Did you get the watch? How are you liking it if yes?
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2024, 06:55 PM   #107
snowgoat
"TRF" Member

I had the opportunity to try them as the they reached Brisbane just over the Xmas/New Year period. Beautiful movement and I thought they were elegant and easily wearable as daily watches. Still on the fence. For the same outlay there are other pieces I covet. But in the metal, on the wrist they were very eye catching, the blue dial was a stunner and I’ve been very close to ordering.
snowgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2024, 09:55 AM   #108
magicman
"TRF" Member

I saw these in person in SF over the holidays, and I thought it came across better in person than in pictures. It is elegant, refined, thin, and the movement looks great. There are some things I don't love (especially the brand name on the bezel), but overall I think it's a great watch that is worth the price!

I loved the two-tone option the most!
magicman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2024, 11:54 AM   #109
Blue Crown
2024 Pledge Member

Late delivery on Tambour and getting later...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcheroo View Post
Thanks for sharing the info and pics. Did you get the watch? How are you liking it if yes?
Hey there - Happy New Year - Just getting caught up.

Initially the blue tambour (fully paid for) watch was due mid October / mid-November and then in November, my SA let me know that there was a large demand and with all the reorganization with all the LVMH watch brands they were delayed in the manufacture and rollout process of the pieces as ordered. I was an early order -within the first ~5-10 ordered in NYC so I would be one of the first to receive.

So this past week, when I am seriously getting ready to cancel my order, and texting and emailing my SA, I get a call from the Watch Ambassador of the Americas. He spent a good amount of time talking about the reorganization for all of the watch brands owned by LVMH this past fall. He also said overall demand for the tambour watches was higher than expected and that they had delivered three so far and that I should receive mine by April.

Now as a recent collector, for the 2022-2023 span, I have waited for a few watches - that were delivered late or am still waiting for;

1) Ordered the Christopher Ward Bel Canto - early 2023 - initially promised delayed until June 2024
2) Ordered the Christopher Ward - Twelve titanium astral blue -July 2023 and received November 2023.
3) Ordered the Rolex 126711CHNR in April 2023 and received it in August of 2023
4) Ordered the Tudor Bay Burgundy also in April 2023 and received it in July 2023
5) Ordered the LVMH Blue dial Tambour - July 2023 - Still waiting.
6) Ordered the GMT II 126713 GRNR in June of 2023 - Just got it yesterday.

So is waiting 6-12 months unreasonable? Probably not, but the delay of a promise date becomes frustrating and eventually works against the brand.

Then of course I got lucky with a few walk ins to Rolex AD's and scored 3 great watches in addition to the ones above. (Previous Rolex posts)

I'll be back.
Old 7 February 2024, 04:12 AM   #110
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey there - Happy New Year - Just getting caught up.

Initially the blue tambour (fully paid for) watch was due mid October / mid-November and then in November, my SA let me know that there was a large demand and with all the reorganization with all the LVMH watch brands they were delayed in the manufacture and rollout process of the pieces as ordered. I was an early order -within the first ~5-10 ordered in NYC so I would be one of the first to receive.

So this past week, when I am seriously getting ready to cancel my order, and texting and emailing my SA, I get a call from the Watch Ambassador of the Americas. He spent a good amount of time talking about the reorganization for all of the watch brands owned by LVMH this past fall. He also said overall demand for the tambour watches was higher than expected and that they had delivered three so far and that I should receive mine by April.

Now as a recent collector, for the 2022-2023 span, I have waited for a few watches - that were delivered late or am still waiting for;

1) Ordered the Christopher Ward Bel Canto - early 2023 - initially promised delayed until June 2024
2) Ordered the Christopher Ward - Twelve titanium astral blue -July 2023 and received November 2023.
3) Ordered the Rolex 126711CHNR in April 2023 and received it in August of 2023
4) Ordered the Tudor Bay Burgundy also in April 2023 and received it in July 2023
5) Ordered the LVMH Blue dial Tambour - July 2023 - Still waiting.
6) Ordered the GMT II 126713 GRNR in June of 2023 - Just got it yesterday.

So is waiting 6-12 months unreasonable? Probably not, but the delay of a promise date becomes frustrating and eventually works against the brand.

Then of course I got lucky with a few walk ins to Rolex AD's and scored 3 great watches in addition to the ones above. (Previous Rolex posts)

I'll be back.

I think the wait will be worth it...plus, there wont be very many out at ALL, so unlike AP/Patek/Rolex where you see them all the time (in NYC), I think every time you se one of these out in the wild, which will be rare...youll know it's someone who's also a fan of legit watch collecting and early adopter of a very "new" direction for a brand known mainly for other things. Plus, what fun is it when you just get what you want fast and without any delays anyways ;)
sechsgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2024, 02:15 PM   #111
Slackergirl
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM Everose
[QUOTE=sechsgang;12932223]Finally got to try...short version, WOW. LV knocked this OUT OF THE PARK on wrist. I'm absolutely buying one!

I got to try on the blue one today. I absolutely love it & like you buying one!
Slackergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2024, 10:00 PM   #112
TikTok
"TRF" Member

The box is nice.
Old 2 March 2024, 10:08 PM   #113
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaster View Post
The movement and bridge are lovely, and I see why LV is trying to push "up market." However, the $20K price is pushing it into a very competitive space.

Beyond the new movement and its nice finishing, the blue sector dial reminds me of the VC fiftysix 3-hander with bracelet. With similar dial design, dressy steel, a more interesting case shape, some lugs and the addition of a date complication, I would take that VC over this LV and save myself $5K. I know I'm going to get some hate here...

That is the correct interpretation. I like both of these watches but would own neither.
Old 17 April 2024, 11:54 AM   #114
Blue Crown
2024 Pledge Member

Icon6 Got the call - Pick up this Friday.

Just got the call that my watch has arrived and have made an appointment to pick up this Friday. I am excited to finally be picking up this watch and adding to my collection.

In addition there is a watch event that I will also attend and will take pics to post. Let see where they are with the progress in the strategy as I feel that the "noise" on their plan may have stalled as I did not see any further news recently posted and with regard to the watches and wonders - not even sure they were there.
Old 21 April 2024, 03:12 AM   #115
arolexguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just got the call that my watch has arrived and have made an appointment to pick up this Friday. I am excited to finally be picking up this watch and adding to my collection.

In addition there is a watch event that I will also attend and will take pics to post. Let see where they are with the progress in the strategy as I feel that the "noise" on their plan may have stalled as I did not see any further news recently posted and with regard to the watches and wonders - not even sure they were there.

Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
arolexguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2024, 05:47 AM   #116
Blue Crown
2024 Pledge Member

Icon20 Finally arrived____MY LV Blue Tambour

Last Friday, I was able to get back to NYC to pick up my LV Tambour, stainless steel, blue dial watch. I am thrilled to have finally received this beautiful watch having purchased it pre-launch @ LV NYC, August 2023 (See previous posts). Last September, @ LV Paris, I was able to try on all the new Tambour options. They were awesome especially the open case back and new proprietary movement which is well detailed and monochromatic except for the chunky 22K rose gold micro-rotor. I am a big fan of blue dials. Once it was on, I loved the way it hugged my wrist and how the light played on the blues of the dial. There were many other design features I appreciated in the creation of this watch. This is a happy addition to my wonderful collection. I have been wearing it for this past week both dressed up and in jeans and it has a certain casual elegance about it.

I think LV is doing a great job with the redirection of their own watches as well as within the other brands they own. Looking at Zenith and Tag Heuer who have created some new novelties that recently garnered attention. I believe they also own Bulgari - which just came out again with the thinnest watch in the world. I would say that the LVMH group has experienced, talented people and with their resources should succeed. Time will tell if Jean Arnault - who is quite young and passionate about watches, sparks this renaissance and repositions LV as a “High End Luxury” level watchmaker.
*NOTE: LV has always offered very high-end horological pieces, but the tambours are their new entry level point eliminating all other LV collections.

This 40mm watch wears very comfortable with the case and bracelet hugging the wrist. Its streamlined design has a more compact appearance on the wrist compared to my other watches of the same size. The blue concentric dials - especially the blue sunray center dial, really plays well with the light. From a dark admiral blue to a light bluesy blue to a silver grey it all plays quite well. It is a sleek and sexy watch with the sharpness / hardness of integrated bracelets softened up. The polished rounded edges with the satin finish and slimming curve of the bracelet helps to accomplish that. In addition, when looking straight down, the narrow drum top shape of the watch case is a full circle on the wrist. The “integrated’ bracelet comes out from top and lower half of the case. This is different from most integrated bracelet watches where the bracelet is designed to be part of the watch case encapsulating the dial shape. The bracelet is integrated as a fundamental part of the whole case to give it an aesthetically seamless look.

This was a decent wait, although not as long as the CW Bel Canto, I am still waiting on.

Thanks again to Watcheroo for the great thread created here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0130.jpg (182.6 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0438.jpg (160.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0440.jpg (146.4 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0139.jpg (134.6 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0161.jpg (112.4 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0293.jpg (177.9 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0278.jpg (106.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0385.jpg (143.7 KB, 53 views)