The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 November 2012, 05:49 AM   #1
steve saiz
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT & Sub
Rolex price increases

Rolex is really reaching for the stars lately with prices of $8,000 to $9,000 for stainless steel sport watches. I am really glad for my existing Rolex collection since it’s value has increased tremendously,,,,, BUT,,,, it has me rethinking adding any future models to my collection. My first stray from Rolex is a Panerai Marina which I enjoy very much and I love the bigger size and semi domed sapphire, my only complaint is that being bigger with a smooth bezel it can get very beat up with dents and scratches. Rather than buying another Panerai I have just purchased a Kobold watch. The Kobold was a real surprise since it’s presence is massive and the crystal being domed also has a real cool look about it. I am including some photos for everyone to see if I am making the right move veering away from Rolex for future purchases??? I had wanted to get the Explorer II but……………. Thanks,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kobold Rolex.jpg (119.3 KB, 214 views)
steve saiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2012, 06:36 AM   #2
Bulldurham08
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Awesome collection. Love the 2 GMT watches... Great to see them next to each other. While I like the new GMT IIc, the painted font on the older GMT is still my favorite by far...very nice group of watches!

Bulldurham08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2012, 07:22 AM   #3
MrLee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub c, smp
Veering away is fine and you have a great collection....but kobold? Think for the price of those there is far better options (including rolex!!!), just my opinion though and you seem to like it which is what matters
MrLee is offline   Reply With Quote