The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 3 January 2007, 01:43 AM   #1
rolexfan21

Watch: 16610
hidden clasp, jubilee/oyster bracelet

Now to me, the new hidden clasp on the presidential watches just look AMAZING. my dad's day-date has a hidden clasp and I LOVE IT!
So when I buy my turn-o-graph (95% sure I will buy the TOG) I was wondering If i could get it in a hidden clasp/jubilee bracelet... I know there is not much difference between the oyster to jubilee bracelet... but what do I have to do to ensure I get the hidden clasp? Does anyone know how much more it would cost for one?
http://rolex.tomiya.co.jp/ROLEX/116264.jpg
I would like a watch like this but with a jub bracelet + hidden clasp... tacky?
rolexfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2007, 01:45 AM   #2
montecristo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234 DateJust
TOG with hidden clasp looks just wrong IMO. (Jubilee)

Just ask for it, I didn't have to pay extra for mine. I negotiated the watch price as a whole and didn't let them nickel and dime me on every little thing.

Last edited by montecristo; 3 January 2007 at 01:59 PM..
montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2007, 04:04 AM   #3
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Hi Vic,

The new TOGs come with the following bracelets. Jubilee has a concealed clasp and the Oyster has this new clasp.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2007, 04:41 AM   #4
ohlins
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
yeah this super jubilee bracelet is indeed a BIG step ahead....esp the solid middle links

the hype is true. a crown for every achievement.
visit my audio and watch blog & how to use the rolex comfort link?
ohlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2007, 04:42 AM   #5
robm
"TRF" Member

When were these clasps incorporated into the president bracelet? I'm planning to purchase one, and I'd prefer that it have that style bracelet. Model year, or serial number, not sure which is a better way to specify the time frame.

Thanks
robm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2007, 04:45 AM   #6
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm View Post
When were these clasps incorporated into the president bracelet? I'm planning to purchase one, and I'd prefer that it have that style bracelet. Model year, or serial number, not sure which is a better way to specify the time frame.

Thanks
As far back as I can remember, the President first came out with the standard open clasp. Later on, it was available with the concealed clasp....I think this was in the '70s. Both options were available at the time.

Now the President bracelet comes on the Day-Date model with only concealed clasp.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 3 January 2007, 04:51 AM   #7
ohlins
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
the oyster bracelet on a daydate is also a concealed design.....very cool indeed

picture from ebay....

the hype is true. a crown for every achievement.
visit my audio and watch blog & how to use the rolex comfort link?
ohlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2007, 10:03 AM   #8
rolexfan21

Watch: 16610
there's no doubt in my mind that I prefer the hidden clasp to the regular one. Does anyone here know the difference in price between a regular jubilee bracelet and one with the hidden clasp?
rolexfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2007, 10:09 AM   #9
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic_the_pro View Post
there's no doubt in my mind that I prefer the hidden clasp to the regular one. Does anyone here know the difference in price between a regular jubilee bracelet and one with the hidden clasp?
That might be a bit difficult to ascertain. The new Jubilee bracelets with hidden clasp come only on the new TOGs and the new DJs.

So, you would have to equate the price of say, an older DJ on Jubilee with the new style DJ also on Jubilee. Check out the difference, but that difference would be the WATCH + BRACELET.

So, as you can see, very hard to ascertain the exact difference.

JJ

Old 3 January 2007, 01:56 PM   #10
Blue Bull
Banned

Had a TT DJ with hidden clasp Jubilee,in the hands ..... very,very nice bracelet !!
Blue Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2007, 02:24 PM   #11
mikey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oysterdate 6694
well

if you want to have a custom made jubilee then you can purchase both of my bands and have a jewller use the links from both bands to construct the Jubilee band of your dreams. It would be less expensive and you would be customizing using genuine Rolex parts. PM ME
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1963.jpg (28.5 KB, 326 views)
File Type: jpg new band.jpg (34.1 KB, 327 views)
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2007, 03:08 PM   #12
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

I will say I am in love withthe new jubillee bracelet. Bougght a SS DJ with it a few months ago. Liked it so much have a TT DJ on order. They are sooooo nice.
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2007, 06:35 PM   #13
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post
I will say I am in love withthe new jubillee bracelet. Bougght a SS DJ with it a few months ago. Liked it so much have a TT DJ on order. They are sooooo nice.
Agreed, the new Jubilee does feel kinda solid and heavier than the older one. The concealed clasp concept is excellent.

JJ