The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12 June 2019, 03:18 PM   #10
myusernamez
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
This may be true of other regions but it’s definitely not my experience from buying AP in England. Admittedly I’ve bought a few watches from AP so my experience isn’t based on a purchase history of just one watch. At least once or twice a year I get invited to something very nice with AP, they definitely work hard at relationships here. It could be a factory invite, SIHH, AP golf trophy at one of the best courses in the UK, a lovely Dinner/party, a nice lunch in London or even just opening a bottle of champagne if you visit the office. These guys work hard to make you feel valued.
That's the carrot and the stick to keep you entertained. As said, if they need to change the brand core value of need to start up-selling watches to other people they will do it. In the meanwhile, they keep you happy so you buy more. I mean you have to understand that for them it's business first and only. You, (well not personally you but the rather the Royal We), think it's the brand appreciating our business? Thanks but no thanks. They are like prostitutes, they want you for the money and will fake making love to you just enough until the next bigger spender comes along and when the big fish is there they stop answering your WhatsApp messages. (this may or may not be based on a real-life which I can neither confirm nor deny or comment upon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
The dealers I went to and spent good money at and thought I had a good relationship, when they became the prettiest girl at prom told me to go pound sand.
He makes my point. In the end, these are just watches. We might appreciate the complexity and the heritage that goes along with it (mostly because of marketing) and our OCD side might like the geometry of a watch and the refined movement. But it's just an overpriced watch. In the end, it's just a big d* contest of who was what watch with very few real collectors. Just look at the Rolex forum, it became a kids playground only focused on the newest hype or incoming and having the "hard to get models" at any price. That has nothing to do with watchmaking but only aesthetic and bragging rights.