The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 16 January 2017, 12:41 PM   #91
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal to az View Post
Anyone have the exact address of the boutique. Going to be waking up 5th ave this afternoon from union square with the fam and enjoy all the shops and boutiques all sfternoon
Sorry I missed this. Was there again this afternoon again too.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2017, 01:09 PM   #92
toucan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5970
So how was it?
toucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2017, 03:32 PM   #93
Socal to az
Banned

Never made it to op boutique. Spent a bunch of time at wempe. They were very nice and accommodating. Tried o a bunch of pieces. There will likely be a Lange zeitwerks in my future. Also didn't realize we were so close to trump tower there. Went in there and had fun checking the place out with all the security and police.

All in all a great day. Saw Hamilton, school of rock and wicked broadway shows. Time to head back to reality tomorrow. Good fun in New York but never could live here. To o crowded and congested for my taste. Good trip overall.
Socal to az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2017, 11:12 PM   #94
toucan
"TRF" Member

Agreed! Sounds like a great trip!Time for me to leave NYC as well.
Old 18 January 2017, 02:55 AM   #95
Idonthavearolex
"TRF" Member

I found them pretty snobby and borderline rude in there tbh. Very helpful in many respects, but my view was that in their opinion I clearly was not perceived to be a serious buyer.
Idonthavearolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2017, 03:03 AM   #96
rfatm3f
"TRF" Member

I don't understand why people think how they dress is a qualifier to luxury goods. Chances are they will treat you the same regardless of what you're wearing.
rfatm3f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2017, 06:03 AM   #97
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

I've found Wempe to be top notch. Bought an IWC last time I was in there. They couldn't have been nicer.
yessir69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2017, 08:00 AM   #98
Socal to az
Banned

Wempe was great. Btw- do they offer discounts? Or is Wempe straight list price?
Socal to az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2017, 09:49 AM   #99
toucan
"TRF" Member

Discounts no or rarely or marginal. Anything is possible if you ask. I asked at Tourneau was rebuffed and I said I'm outta here. Just heard from the salesman after 3 weeks, that they were willing to do something this one time. Too bad I bought the watch already!
Old 18 January 2017, 01:57 PM   #100
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal to az View Post
Wempe was great. Btw- do they offer discounts? Or is Wempe straight list price?
Yeah they'll negotiate a bit, but nothing huge.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2017, 03:28 PM   #101
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
Yeah they'll negotiate a bit, but nothing huge.
This. Also, they are definitely open to creating a new lifetime CLV kind of deal I'm sure. They are still privately owned vs corporate like Tourneau.
sechsgang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2017, 07:01 PM   #102
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
I visited this boutique 2 years ago. Wasn't very well dressed, just casual but I was wearing my 5205R. I recalled the service was quite warm and friendly, was offered to sit down to browse their collection and also served coffee, and the sales person was also knowlegeable about Patek watches. Their selection wasn't great, only some calatravas and annual calendars ( 5146s ) in stock. I ended up buying a deployant buckle and strap instead.

Like some here have said, most of the time, it is the particular sales person's attitude and not the premise. Most salesperson do profile customers as they do not want to "waste time" or more likely, just want to maximise their chances of concluding a sale by focusing on what they perceived as more "potential" customers.

When I plan to visit a watch boutique to check out / try out a particular model, I usually email in advance to setup an appointment first. That will ensure the models I am interested in is actually available ( hence save time ) and I usually received better and more attentive service this way.
Old 18 January 2017, 11:28 PM   #103
greatmattsby
"TRF" Member

Watch: YES
Quote:
Originally Posted by codecow View Post
This turned into an awesome Ferrari thread!
Agree! The 16m and speciale are great and that 488 looks tough! I never really thought I'd like the front engine Fcars much until I drove the F12 for the first time though. That thing is a monster!

Back to the original point though; I've definitely been shunned in NYC for no apparent reason. I don't dress or act a certain way, I just make myself comfortable. I'm the customer after all.

With that said, the salon in London was amazing to me even though I strolled in just before closing time wearing a wind jacket and my gym sneakers that nearly had a hole in the side. I stayed there well after the store closed and they made no attempt to rush me out.

One funny instance with car dealers; I once went to a Porsche dealer and after looking around, I asked the receptionist if somebody could help me look at a car. I mentioned the salesman by name as I already had some communication with him and scheduled an appointment. She said to me, "which car is it?". I pointed at the car to which she replied, "well can't you see it?". I actually just smiled and laughed. I bought the car within a week from another dealer. I still laugh thinking of that experience!
greatmattsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2017, 01:19 PM   #104
Lrlx
"TRF" Member

I have to agree on your Wempe assessment. Last year I walked in and showed the watchmaker my Nomos (which I didn't buy there). I explained a bad situation with a jeweler who stripped the screws. He pressure tested the watch.... then opened it up and noticed the gasket was not seated properly. Went to the back to get a new gasket and installed it. While the case open he cleaned up the rotor and removed dust from the crystal. He then pressure tested again, wiped he watch down, and gave it back. No charge. It was one one of few boutique experiences where I actually felt comfortable.
Lrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2017, 07:39 PM   #105
sarey
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5712g-001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Well as you can tell from this thread judging potential clients based on any experience is not a very bright thing to do. Especially for someone that is a commissioned sales person. If they really can tell whether a person will buy or not before asking them questions and speaking with them then they are a psychic and should become a professional gambler rather than a commissioned sales person. IMHO
Well said sir...
Patek Philippe 5712g-001
Breitling Emergency
sarey is offline   Reply With Quote