The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 February 2008, 01:02 PM   #1561
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
Bummer Pat. A nice girl with a pretty smile is something to behold. But since she's new in the area maybe in time...
If I know women like I think I know women () she'll probably be asking about you all around the office.
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2008, 01:20 PM   #1562
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Watch: your P's and Q's
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Bay Rider View Post
Bummer Pat. A nice girl with a pretty smile is something to behold. But since she's new in the area maybe in time...
If I know women like I think I know women () she'll probably be asking about you all around the office.
Well, if that's the case, I hope she talks w/the right people.. Actually, I prefer she didn't talk to anyone and just judged for herself

Rolex GMT Master II 16710 (Blk/Blk)
Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

It may seem like I'm doing nothing but, at a cellular level, I'm actually quite busy...
Incurable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2008, 01:26 PM   #1563
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Speaking of chill-pills... I used to use this one on occasion:

Take two of these and
call me in the morning

Works equally well with this:

Something tells me I'd be garnishing some infraction points if I tried that here...

Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

It may seem like I'm doing nothing but, at a cellular level, I'm actually quite busy...
Old 23 February 2008, 02:28 PM   #1564
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirt1957 View Post
Birth Control Pills?

And I canceled a tubal just the month before. Chickened out and then laid an egg.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2008, 02:32 PM   #1565
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
Well, if that's the case, I hope she talks w/the right people.. Actually, I prefer she didn't talk to anyone and just judged for herself
Maybe she just wants a little more time to get settled in and get to know the dynamics and personalities there. Then again, maybe she really IS seeing someone.

I'm impressed with your bravery, Pat!
Old 23 February 2008, 02:34 PM   #1566
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Speaking of chill-pills... I used to use this one on occasion:

Take two of these and
call me in the morning

Works equally well with this:

Something tells me I'd be garnishing some infraction points if I tried that here...
I need to get better at just clicking on to the next thread and not feel compelled to comment.
Old 23 February 2008, 08:16 PM   #1567
mailman
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
(SIGH) Just dropped a nice half glass of beer on the tile kitchen floor. Back later to catch up!!
That's alcohol abuse
Old 24 February 2008, 12:48 AM   #1568
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Watch: it, Bubba!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
That's alcohol abuse
Yeah!! I had to wash the floor TWICE, too!
.Member #5380
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2008, 12:51 AM   #1569
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Do tell! New as in store-bought new? Or new as in new to you?

Lucky guys - getting to have a little alcohol. There's the irony there - my avatar belies the tea-totalling lifestyle I must adopt until Violet's weaned!
Well, the 12 yr old Cannondale didn't work out. I had to make a decision that very day whether I wanted the bike, and I wasn't going to do that without being able to have my bike shop giive it a look-over.

I saw a nice, entry level Giant with an aluminum/carbon frame that we coild afford. Certainly not fancy, but considering the thousands of miles I logged on my steel tubed Panasonic in the 80's, this would be a Mercedes to me!!
.Member #5380
Old 24 February 2008, 01:08 AM   #1570
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well, the 12 yr old Cannondale didn't work out. I had to make a decision that very day whether I wanted the bike, and I wasn't going to do that without being able to have my bike shop giive it a look-over.

I saw a nice, entry level Giant with an aluminum/carbon frame that we coild afford. Certainly not fancy, but considering the thousands of miles I logged on my steel tubed Panasonic in the 80's, this would be a Mercedes to me!!
Sounds like a very respectable bike, Carolina. Are you going to do the clipless pedals?
Old 24 February 2008, 02:41 AM   #1571
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sounds like a very respectable bike, Carolina. Are you going to do the clipless pedals?
Not yet. It's been a while since I've been out in traffic, and I need to get used to riding first. Don't want to kill myself right away! Right now, I am researching doable routes in my area - ones where I will feel safe and have a bit of wiggle room. I can't believe some of the places I used to bike years ago. If my kids did that, I'd have a heart attack!
.Member #5380
Old 24 February 2008, 02:47 AM   #1572
redshirt1957
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue YM today!
Quote:
Not yet. It's been a while since I've been out in traffic, and I need to get used to riding first. Don't want to kill myself right away! Right now, I am researching doable routes in my area - ones where I will feel safe and have a bit of wiggle room. I can't believe some of the places I used to bike years ago. If my kids did that, I'd have a heart attack!
So I take it that this bike does not have a motor. Are you crazy?
redshirt1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2008, 02:50 AM   #1573
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So I take it that this bike does not have a motor. Are you crazy?
Much to my hubby's disappointment, I am not a Harley chick!
.Member #5380
Old 24 February 2008, 03:00 AM   #1574
redshirt1957
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Much to my hubby's disappointment, I am not a Harley chick!

Don't need no stinkin' Harley to be a Harley Chick!
Old 24 February 2008, 03:19 AM   #1575
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ah yes, the complexities of riding a bike. So many choices to make. Is the bike good enough, which routes are safe, how much does it weigh, does it have the best shifter, do I have the right clothes, shoes, is the seat anatomically compatible, or even worse...harmful , do I need a heart monitor, do I need to tie a sweatshirt around my waist, is my water bottle big enough, what tools will I need, how many miles do I need to go a day, do I need a odometer/computer, which sunglasses look the best w/my outfit, how much tire pressure do I need to run, which tires have the lowest rolling resistance, does this Italian stuff really look good on me or do I just look silly, what's the proper seat to pedal distance, which are the best biking books, which lighting is the best, do I have enough reflective tape, which are the best brake pads, how many gears will I need, where do I put my stuff... and I'm sure there's much I'm missing.

Alternatively, you can just ride and enjoy... My last bike was a Stingray, pretty cool (I thought). Found it in my alley, probably stolen. Looked for an owner but never found one. Lot's of fond memories riding it to school, lunchbox and books in my backpack. High-rise handlebars, what could be better than that? In the end, someone else stole if from me. Ironic...

Just be glad you didn't decide to try kayaking... I'm sure the list is longer, though probably less dangerous overall

Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

Old 24 February 2008, 03:29 AM   #1576
redshirt1957
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ah yes, the complexities of riding a bike. So many choices to make. Is the bike good enough, which routes are safe, how much does it weigh, does it have the best shifter, do I have the right clothes, shoes, is the seat anatomically compatible, or even worse...harmful , do I need a heart monitor, do I need to tie a sweatshirt around my waist, is my water bottle big enough, what tools will I need, how many miles do I need to go a day, do I need a odometer/computer, which sunglasses look the best w/my outfit, how much tire pressure do I need to run, which tires have the lowest rolling resistance, does this Italian stuff really look good on me or do I just look silly, what's the proper seat to pedal distance, which are the best biking books, which lighting is the best, do I have enough reflective tape, which are the best brake pads, how many gears will I need, where do I put my stuff... and I'm sure there's much I'm missing.

Alternatively, you can just ride and enjoy... My last bike was a Stingray, pretty cool (I thought). Found it in my alley, probably stolen. Looked for an owner but never found one. Lot's of fond memories riding it to school, lunchbox and books in my backpack. High-rise handlebars, what could be better than that? In the end, someone else stole if from me. Ironic...

Just be glad you didn't decide to try kayaking... I'm sure the list is longer, though probably less dangerous overall
You sound just like my doctor when I simply asked; "why do I have to urinate every ten minutes?" After his speach I was afraid to tell him about my chest pains!
Old 24 February 2008, 06:48 AM   #1577
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I prefer to ride and enjoy (and avoid getting run over)! Did that Stingray have a "banana" seat on it and deep, high handlebars? And a cute flag on the back?
.Member #5380
Old 24 February 2008, 06:49 AM   #1578
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Don't need no stinkin' Harley to be a Harley Chick!
Ahem - I prefer cycle babe!
.Member #5380
Old 24 February 2008, 09:00 AM   #1579
away36
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage Rolex
Quote:
Wings for me...three mile island!
Ever eat dry salt wings?
away36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2008, 09:39 AM   #1580
redshirt1957
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by away36 View Post
Ever eat dry salt wings?
No? Enlighten me.
Old 24 February 2008, 09:52 AM   #1581
away36
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No? Enlighten me.
It's the new "big thing" around these parts. They deep fry the wings sprinkled with sea salt......or a combination of sea salt and cracked black pepper. There's no breading or coating of any kind. They are freakin' amazing!
Old 24 February 2008, 09:54 AM   #1582
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I prefer to ride and enjoy (and avoid getting run over)! Did that Stingray have a "banana" seat on it and deep, high handlebars? And a cute flag on the back?
Looked just like this...

Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

Old 24 February 2008, 10:35 AM   #1583
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Looked just like this...

Excellent!! Although, I'm sure yours was more manly!
.Member #5380
Old 25 February 2008, 02:27 AM   #1584
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Another breakup story on Andrew's thread.... guys, relationships are SO HARD!! Especially when you're in it for the long haul. I'm not even kidding when I say I can't figure out why men and women were designed the way we are - and expected to live together forever. Some cruel game invented by Mother Nature?
Old 25 February 2008, 02:31 AM   #1585
redshirt1957
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Another breakup story on Andrew's thread.... guys, relationships are SO HARD!! Especially when you're in it for the long haul. I'm not even kidding when I say I can't figure out why men and women were designed the way we are - and expected to live together forever. Some cruel game invented by Mother Nature?
Love at $100 intervals ain't so bad. Nancy, I got to try those wings. I will keep a look out and let you know.
Old 25 February 2008, 02:46 AM   #1586
mdx77
"TRF" Member

Hi girls.....not to barge in but did any of you see SNL last night with Tina Fey's "Bitch is the new black". My wife went absolutely nuts over it.....any thoughts.....(if you missed it, is was a huge backing for Hillary!!!!)
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the BLUE pill - the story ends; you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the RED pill - you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”

Rolex Submariner 116610LV Hulk | Rolex GMT 16710 Pepsi | Omega Speedmaster “Speedy Tuesday” | Tudor Black Bay 79220R “ETA Rose” | Tudor Pelagos Blue Dial | Rolex Submariner Yellow Gold 116618LB | Rolex Milgauss “Z-Blue” 116400GV
mdx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2008, 03:09 AM   #1587
away36
"TRF" Member

Quote:
relationships are SO HARD!! Some cruel game invented by Mother Nature?
Especially when you're swinging your racket as hard as you can and then suddenly discover you were supposed to be playing baseball.
Old 25 February 2008, 03:17 AM   #1588
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Nancy, I think that's why your jokes about relationships are so funny to both the men and the women here. They are spot on and we all know it! There's something to be said - a lot to be said - for laughing at our differences.
Old 25 February 2008, 03:48 AM   #1589
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nancy, I think that's why your jokes about relationships are so funny to both the men and the women here. They are spot on and we all know it! There's something to be said - a lot to be said - for laughing at our differences.
x2!
.Member #5380
Old 25 February 2008, 03:51 AM   #1590
Incurable
"TRF" Member

As a single person, I find myself ping-ponging between opinions regarding my position vs. partnership. Both have their aspects, positive and negative. Frankly, it's hard to find a lot of positive testimonials from those married it seems nowadays. Coming from the opposite side of the formula, I understand it's not all good but... alone has its problems too. In my quotes thread, one I can relate to is, "All that is not given, is lost...". I think that speaks to singledom pretty well. I spent years chasing things like career, possessions, learning, skills, etc. Without people around you (like family), all these things pretty much exist in a vacuum. They go nowhere. With nobody to share these things with, the value of these "achievements" are diminished. To provide is a great thing, but to provide for nobody but myself... not so important. I bored with it long ago. The best things in life are rooted in sharing. Alone, all things revolve around what I (or you) want. Once achieved, the reward is temporary at best. Doing things for others is far more rewarding.

Color me crazy but, despite the ups and downs, I think we are biologically wired for partnership. The "rewards" of living alone are largely manufactured and a poor substitute for the stuff that has existed since men and women first hooked up. A smile from the heart is priceless and worth way more than any bonus at work, etc. You just have to bank those and, when tough times happen, draw upon them to balance things out. Sorry for the novella, JHMO...

Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...