The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 1 November 2013, 12:24 PM   #22621
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
Art, ouch...did you have insurance? Unfortunately that's what glass does...if you get another one I'd recommend going with Otterboxe's Defender for iPhones(you need to pick the one which matches you iPhone model). They are bulky but your phone goes into a hard plastic shell which is then wrapped with a rubberized cover. They work really well and I have been using them since 2009. I have dropped my phones a few times and as long as the glass screen doesn't land on a sharp edge or object your phone will be protected. Of course tho, it's a bit bulky if you plan on carrying it in your front pocket!!!

Good luck.....Leo
My husband has used those. They are effective!
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2013, 12:24 PM   #22622
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
Lisa, I feel really bad for Violet as I use to get sore throats as well as Strep Throats a lot when I was growing up. And of course when we would go on a family vacation(which didn't happen very often)I would always end up with a sore, red throat and then it was to a doctor, on the road, and then the pharmacy for anti-biotics!!!

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2013, 12:29 PM   #22623
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lisa, I feel really bad for Violet as I use to get sore throats as well as Strep Throats a lot when I was growing up. And of course when we would go on a family vacation(which didn't happen very often)I would always end up with a sore, red throat and then it was to a doctor, on the road, and then the pharmacy for anti-biotics!!!
I used to get them, too, Leo. Strep throat every winter, sometimes twice in the same winter. I don't know why my parents never had my tonsils taken out. When I was in college and old enough to take myself to the doctor, an ENT doc recommended getting the tonsils out to help prevent more strep infections. So I did, at age 22. It would have been much easier had I been younger. Not a picnic! But I've never had strep throat since.
Old 1 November 2013, 12:30 PM   #22624
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Oh, no, Art! Same thing happened to my mom in law. Do you have a case for it? I don't know if it would help much, though.

Can it be fixed, or can you trade it in?
Quote:
Art, ouch...did you have insurance? Unfortunately that's what glass does...if you get another one I'd recommend going with Otterboxe's Defender for iPhones(you need to pick the one which matches you iPhone model). They are bulky but your phone goes into a hard plastic shell which is then wrapped with a rubberized cover. They work really well and I have been using them since 2009. I have dropped my phones a few times and as long as the glass screen doesn't land on a sharp edge or object your phone will be protected. Of course tho, it's a bit bulky if you plan on carrying it in your front pocket!!!

Good luck.....Leo
Well, I thought that rubber thing on it was enough. I'll look at the bigger kind but not sure I'll like it. I dropped it a few times and nothing happened. I'll just have to get a new one, I guess. But will look at the bigger case. Funny, the old flip phone piece of junk I was forced to get rid of was good for 1 hr in 3 ft of water. I'll be going through these things like crazy.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2013, 12:33 PM   #22625
Art 1
Banned

Quote:
I used to get them, too, Leo. Strep throat every winter, sometimes twice in the same winter. I don't know why my parents never had my tonsils taken out. When I was in college and old enough to take myself to the doctor, an ENT doc recommended getting the tonsils out to help prevent more strep infections. So I did, at age 22. It would have been much easier had I been younger. Not a picnic! But I've never had strep throat since.
OUCH. I had mine out at six. I remember some of it. I hear as an adult it's not much fun.

They had to hold me down and give a shot to put me out to do my blood work. I made them work for it.
Old 1 November 2013, 12:36 PM   #22626
Art 1
Banned

Quote:
My memory is not so good... I was pretty sure it was one of our esteemed coffee shop guys, just not positive which one!

Did you do anything spooky for Halloween, Carl, or is it not such a big deal where you are? We had loads of kids at our door and my youngest two brought home much candy. They have already donated all of their Almond Joys to me. I barely had to threaten them.
Almond Joy, love those, the kids never wanted them so I got them all. For some reason kids don't seem to like those.
Old 1 November 2013, 12:41 PM   #22627
Lion
"TRF" Member

Lisa, I know what you mean but the Pediatricians my Mom had us see believed in children keeping their tonsils instead of removing them so now at 59yrs. I still have mine. But since I was lucky enough to contract RA my throat is always red no matter the season or time of year. The Rheumatologist I started seeing back in 1989 worked at a teaching Hospital and he would make certain that the day I had an appointment to see him he would have the students come into the examining room to look in my throat.....

For all I know he was charging them for tickets as he said my throat was always worse than the pictures in their textbooks!!!

Old 1 November 2013, 12:43 PM   #22628
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
Well, I thought that rubber thing on it was enough. I'll look at the bigger kind but not sure I'll like it. I dropped it a few times and nothing happened. I'll just have to get a new one, I guess. But will look at the bigger case. Funny, the old flip phone piece of junk I was forced to get rid of was good for 1 hr in 3 ft of water. I'll be going through these things like crazy.

I'm certain that's all part of their plan....
Old 1 November 2013, 12:45 PM   #22629
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Almond Joy, love those, the kids never wanted them so I got them all. For some reason kids don't seem to like those.
It's that icky coconut.... once you grow up and can appreciate finer things, you come to understand Almond Joy is a little bite of heaven.
Old 1 November 2013, 12:48 PM   #22630
Lion
"TRF" Member

It must be the coconut in those candy bars as I know most kids I know do not like them but of course I do not think I have met/tasted a candy bar I do not like.....I do not have a "Sweet Tooth" but a mouth full of them!!!

Old 1 November 2013, 12:49 PM   #22631
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lisa, I know what you mean but the Pediatricians my Mom had us see believed in children keeping their tonsils instead of removing them so now at 59yrs. I still have mine. But since I was lucky enough to contract RA my throat is always red no matter the season or time of year. The Rheumatologist I started seeing back in 1989 worked at a teaching Hospital and he would make certain that the day I had an appointment to see him he would have the students come into the examining room to look in my throat.....

For all I know he was charging them for tickets as he said my throat was always worse than the pictures in their textbooks!!!
I didn't know RA affected the throat. Wonder why?

I know what you mean.... there was an attitude of leaving the tonsils in, which may still prevail as far as I know... whereas a couple of decades earlier they were almost routinely done on every kid. My dad enlisted in the army at age 19 during WWII and they took his out just because he still had them.
Old 1 November 2013, 12:51 PM   #22632
Lion
"TRF" Member

Art, I do not remember the name of the company who makes these cases for Cell phones but there is a company who makes water proof cases. They sell them at Best Buy and they have different models but I do not know if they are good against breakage when you drop your phone.....

Old 1 November 2013, 12:54 PM   #22633
Lion
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I didn't know RA affected the throat. Wonder why?

I know what you mean.... there was an attitude of leaving the tonsils in, which may still prevail as far as I know... whereas a couple of decades earlier they were almost routinely done on every kid. My dad enlisted in the army at age 19 during WWII and they took his out just because he still had them.
The only thing I can figure out is since my immune system is compromised I am more susceptible to all types of viruses and infections. I have had my dermatologist tell me not to shake people's hands since I can catch germs this way and my body can't fight them off as well as healthy individuals.....

Old 1 November 2013, 08:52 PM   #22634
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
Quote:
My memory is not so good... I was pretty sure it was one of our esteemed coffee shop guys, just not positive which one!

Did you do anything spooky for Halloween, Carl, or is it not such a big deal where you are? We had loads of kids at our door and my youngest two brought home much candy. They have already donated all of their Almond Joys to me. I barely had to threaten them.
Because of my internship I do 9 to 7 on Thursday's so I can leave earlier on Friday's for Montreal (my boss and I worked on that schedule for that, she offered me to finish earlier on Friday so I can avoid traffic jams and I wanted to make up for it by working the whole day on Thursday). The only problem is that my internship is kind of far from my place so by the time I get home, work out and do all my things it's already late and kids don't go around anymore.

It's not that bad though as I'm in an apartment (where people don't really go for candies anyway), hadn't put on any decoration and it was raining so it wasn't very busy last night. I'm guessing my parents had more kids at their place but even there with the bad weather I'm thinking everybody had quite a quiet evening.

My father always puts at least a wee bit of decoration (one item at times), he just wants to know that children can have candies at his place but we don't invest too much in that holiday...

Have you had a lot of fun eating your candies?

...Oh, and what about those 15 - 17 years olds who walk around barely dressed up to get candies? Since when Halloween involves shopping at a sex shop to get candies that are usually made for 6 - 8 years olds?
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
FeelingTheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2013, 10:44 PM   #22635
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Glad to hear you are out of hospital Greg, hope for a speedy recovery.

Art, most of the people I know with iphones have cracked screens, crazy. Think they can be fixed.

Nice work Leo, on getting us back to sticky status. Here's some nice sticky buns I baked for you.

The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2013, 11:06 PM   #22636
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Carl, your schedule sounds very full! Hope you have enough time for rest, relaxation and spending time with your girl.

Halloween's a pretty big deal in my city, but especially so in my neighborhood because it's old (spooky!). I'd say 90 percent of our visitors last night were from other areas - the parents drive them over. Lots of cute kids, very polite, and only a few who were taller than I was. A few blocks south of our house the police block off cars from the streets for the safety of the hundreds of trick or treaters. I'm kind of glad we don't live on those streets - I'd go broke buying candy!

As for my candy intake, it was pretty minimal! Unless you want me to tell you about the bag of mini Heath bars I hid from the children earlier this week. That's almost empty now. Maybe this evening I'll settle in with a nice Almond Joy - those are meant to be savored.
Old 2 November 2013, 01:14 AM   #22637
Lion
"TRF" Member

Wes, those Sticky Buns look delicious especially with some good old butter on them...Yum!!!

Carl, at least your busy schedule ...should keep you out of trouble.....

So Lisa, do those Almond Joys go good with Mike's???

Old 2 November 2013, 04:25 AM   #22638
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Awwww, sorry to hear about Violet's strep, Lisa. Pretty painful! Hope her meds kick in fast!
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2013, 05:05 AM   #22639
Art 1
Banned

Quote:
Carl, your schedule sounds very full! Hope you have enough time for rest, relaxation and spending time with your girl.

Halloween's a pretty big deal in my city, but especially so in my neighborhood because it's old (spooky!). I'd say 90 percent of our visitors last night were from other areas - the parents drive them over. Lots of cute kids, very polite, and only a few who were taller than I was. A few blocks south of our house the police block off cars from the streets for the safety of the hundreds of trick or treaters. I'm kind of glad we don't live on those streets - I'd go broke buying candy!

As for my candy intake, it was pretty minimal! Unless you want me to tell you about the bag of mini Heath bars I hid from the children earlier this week. That's almost empty now. Maybe this evening I'll settle in with a nice Almond Joy - those are meant to be savored.
If you need to get rid of some almond joys you can send them my way! Wouldn't want you to become ill from eating too much.
Old 2 November 2013, 07:28 AM   #22640
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If you need to get rid of some almond joys you can send them my way! Wouldn't want you to become ill from eating too much.
Well, they only gave me four or five. I'm going to have to ration them.

But I do appreciate your concern for others. What a selfless man you are.
Old 2 November 2013, 07:29 AM   #22641
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Awwww, sorry to hear about Violet's strep, Lisa. Pretty painful! Hope her meds kick in fast!
Only two doses so far of her medicine and she's much better today. No school today because of parent/teacher conferences, so she's taking it easy.

Has it stopped raining yet? We're finally out of the clouds and had a lovely sunny day.
Old 2 November 2013, 07:31 AM   #22642
Art 1
Banned

Quote:
Well, they only gave me four or five. I'm going to have to ration them.

But I do appreciate your concern for others. What a selfless man you are.
You mean you still have some.
Old 2 November 2013, 07:55 AM   #22643
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It must be the coconut in those candy bars as I know most kids I know do not like them but of course I do not think I have met/tasted a candy bar I do not like.....I do not have a "Sweet Tooth" but a mouth full of them!!!
What do you think of Payday candy bars? I think they're kind of boring - what's the deal with forgetting the chocolate coating?
Old 2 November 2013, 07:56 AM   #22644
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You mean you still have some.
Well, there's only three now.

going... going....
Old 2 November 2013, 08:08 AM   #22645
Art 1
Banned

Quote:
Well, there's only three now.

going... going....
I have a feeling by 9pm your time they will be GONE. You know what's good with them? Red wine, yes, red wine. Seriously.
Old 2 November 2013, 09:15 AM   #22646
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Last night my wife's Grandson came over for handing out candy duty....I heard one kid complain " I dont like that one" then I guess Kyle gave him another brand and the kid said "I dont like that one either" So Kyle gave him 2 more pieces of the candy the kid said he didn't like and shut the door. When I was a kid I would have never complained about some brand of candy .....kids today have a lot of nerve.
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2013, 09:44 AM   #22647
Lion
"TRF" Member

Greg, I know what you mean...we were happy to get any kind of candy. And then if you got some you didn't like as much you could trade with your friends or in my case they just went to the Hospital to be given to the children who were there.....

Lisa, I do like Paydays for all the peanuts and caramel but I could see them adding a layer of Dark Chocolate...that would taste really good.....

Old 2 November 2013, 09:47 AM   #22648
Art 1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh1013 View Post
Last night my wife's Grandson came over for handing out candy duty....I heard one kid complain " I dont like that one" then I guess Kyle gave him another brand and the kid said "I dont like that one either" So Kyle gave him 2 more pieces of the candy the kid said he didn't like and shut the door. When I was a kid I would have never complained about some brand of candy .....kids today have a lot of nerve.
Quote:
Greg, I know what you mean...we were happy to get any kind of candy. And then if you got some you didn't like as much you could trade with your friends or in my case they just went to the Hospital to be given to the children who were there.....

Lisa, I do like Paydays for all the peanuts and caramel but I could see them adding a layer of Dark Chocolate...that would taste really good.....
I don't like little kids, say under the age of 6. They're slobbery and winey. I'm getting old.
Old 2 November 2013, 11:43 AM   #22649
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have a feeling by 9pm your time they will be GONE. You know what's good with them? Red wine, yes, red wine. Seriously.
I believe you. I had one with a beer earlier. Not bad.
Old 2 November 2013, 11:45 AM   #22650
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't like little kids, say under the age of 6. They're slobbery and winey. I'm getting old.
I'm a little more tolerant since having my own, but I can't stand bratty behavior in any age. Bah!