The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 10 June 2015, 03:46 AM   #25561
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
Hi Judy and to everyone, Summer is here and the garden is growing and plants are blooming. Judy, I'm glad to hear you are finally on the mend and my fingers are crossed that once your physical therapy is done you will be healed and your ordeal will be done and in your rear view mirror…..wishing you the best!!!

Take care…..Leo

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2015, 05:12 AM   #25562
SearChart
TechXpert

Just one week to go until my summer vacation, a 9 week break... It's nice but a bit too long for me.

Hope everyone is well
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2015, 08:26 PM   #25563
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Just one week to go until my summer vacation, a 9 week break... It's nice but a bit too long for me.

Hope everyone is well
Hi Bas, and everyone else.

I remember long vacations time during terms at Uni. Try and enjoy.

I've not been up to too much. Loads of decorating at home, been a long slog. We got some redundancy's coming up at work, not a surprise. Might have to get a new job.

Hope everyone is well. doe-doei.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2015, 09:23 PM   #25564
SearChart
TechXpert

Hi Wes, how's the decorating going?

I'm not doing much this week, I run just after sunrise and try to stay cool and read books the whole afternoon, can't stay in the sun for too long or my bald head will burn.
Old 2 July 2015, 06:50 AM   #25565
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi Wes, how's the decorating going?

I'm not doing much this week, I run just after sunrise and try to stay cool and read books the whole afternoon, can't stay in the sun for too long or my bald head will burn.
Yeah it's all done, thank god. Had some rooms that have never been decorated and I've been here over 10 years. New plaster/paint/carpets. Just waiting for some curtains and blinds.

We've had the hottest July day on record today, 37degrees. Unbearable.
Old 2 July 2015, 07:36 AM   #25566
SearChart
TechXpert

35 here today, could get close to 40 this weekend.
I love all seasons but these temperatures without aircon is a bit too much.
Stay cool, Wes
Old 20 July 2015, 12:26 PM   #25567
away36
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage Rolex
Hi Leo. It's been about 30C here for the past few days with a humidity level of 40-42C. I was dumb enough....AGAIN....to have too many window boxes, planters and hanging baskets...32 this summer so it's been a challenge keeping up with the watering. Our winter was brutal. My whole perennial island has been SOOOO slow to bloom and there seems to be less "abundance". Kind of disappointed.
away36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2015, 07:45 PM   #25568
live2support
"TRF" Member

It is a good idea, I will share it.
live2support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2015, 03:01 AM   #25569
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by away36 View Post
Hi Leo. It's been about 30C here for the past few days with a humidity level of 40-42C. I was dumb enough....AGAIN....to have too many window boxes, planters and hanging baskets...32 this summer so it's been a challenge keeping up with the watering. Our winter was brutal. My whole perennial island has been SOOOO slow to bloom and there seems to be less "abundance". Kind of disappointed.
Hi Nancy,

Been awhile since we have corresponded(I haven't been on TRF much lately)…..I'm sure your yard looks great with all the flowering window boxes, planters and hanging baskets. It's fun to have all the flowers to brighten your Summer days!!!

As for your perennial bed due to Winter conditions and the nature of perennials(as they are usually only good for 5-7 years and can loose their vigor unless you divide them keeping the newer growth) you may need to redo and replant your bed…hopefully you will find this information helpful…..

Take care…..Leo

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2015, 06:53 AM   #25570
away36
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post

As for your perennial bed due to Winter conditions and the nature of perennials(as they are usually only good for 5-7 years and can loose their vigor unless you divide them keeping the newer growth) you may need to redo and replant your bed…hopefully you will find this information helpful…..

Take care…..Leo
VERY helpful Leo! Thank you! I have "halved" my perennials to keep the clumps smaller but obviously that's not enough. All are a few years old at least. Do I need to dig them up and separate the roots etc? Maybe starting right over with new perennials is the answer. They are also all blooming much later. We went all of June with ZERO colour. I don't fertilize my perennials like I do my annuals and suspect that might not be wise either. 😜🌹
away36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2015, 06:03 PM   #25571
BBL
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD-YG/DJ/Breitling
Good morning, and greetings to all!
With Erika on her way, I am trying to get things organized if we have to evacuate. I shopped yesterday, but forgot plastic bags for the dry pet food. Pets are a big concern. Thankfully, they all get along.
Any advice from those who have pets (dog, cats) in a rapid exit situation?
... Thank you, BBL
BBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2015, 05:55 AM   #25572
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234 - 14060M
Hi Everyone,

Wow, feels like I've been away forever. Summer has been going pretty good. Nothing major going on on the health front. My hand is recovering pretty well although I still have some limited movement with it, & always as I've been told. Little by little it will get there. :-)
Good to see all you guys doing ok as well. For those of us not in a perpetual sunshine location, we don't have a lot of time left before autumn is officially here. Although today is a balmy 29 C so I'm not rushing the fall weather. ;-)

I'll try to pop in more often than I have been. I also completed a couple of bling projects so that had kept me busy as well. Doesn't look like a new watch is in my horizon unless all those with blue stick dial oyster bracelet DateJust owners want to get the new 39mm Oyster Perpetual & want to unload their watch. However, I've been quite happy with my new ring & bracelet. Working on a pair of hoops now. I forgot how much diamonds made me happy. I think too happy. I do have pics of the new goodies & I will post one later. Suffice it to say, my Datejust sure does look fantastic with them. The Sub does too but the Datejust matches the blingy effect.
vitalsignsrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2015, 06:05 AM   #25573
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Hey Bas just booked Interstellar + Inception double bill, at London Imax next Thursday, biggest screen in the UK. Will take my dad, pretty sure we will only see Interstellar as seeing both will be too much for him.
Old 1 September 2015, 06:07 AM   #25574
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Hi Judy,

Summer here has been a complete washout really. Post pics of your jewellery when you can.
Old 1 September 2015, 05:37 PM   #25575
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Hey Bas just booked Interstellar + Inception double bill, at London Imax next Thursday, biggest screen in the UK. Will take my dad, pretty sure we will only see Interstellar as seeing both will be too much for him.
Have fun Wes!
Old 2 September 2015, 12:03 PM   #25576
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Wes, sorry to hear that about your summer. It's been a hot one thats for sure. "They", whomever "they" are, have predicted a cold winter. And because of this declaration I've been appreciating the heat. You finished your home projects. Must feel great to have that all done with. Wes, you'll have to post a few pics of the completed rooms & show us your design style.

Here are a couple of pictures of my latest additions. The station bracelet (currently has 18 x .13pts) I'll be adding another 5 as the jeweler thought a chain at the end would look ok. He initially said I needed 10 more stones but I actually only need 5. A pain in the a$$ that really could have been avoided. I'll be shipping it off soon & have them adjust it. I love it. It's beefy & delicate at the same time. The ring is much prettier in person. The pictures make it look huge but it's really not. Ok, yes, the stone is large but the details are very finely done. The centre stone is an Old European Cut & is quite the firecracker. I love all the colours it flashes. It absorbs colours. I was standing under a tree & you can see green reflecting in the stone. Some people don't know what to say about it because they don't know what type of stone it is. I've been asked if it was a Swarovski ring. Ah,,that would be, no. My finger size is 6. It looks pretty large because of the halo but I'm getting used to it & doesn't looks as big as when I 1st got it. It's a keeper. Tried to resize the tree pic & it looks a bit distorted. :-(

Old 2 September 2015, 12:38 PM   #25577
nick c
Banned

[QUOTE=vitalsignsrn;6105670]Wes, sorry to hear that about your summer. It's been a hot one thats for sure. "They", whomever "they" are, have predicted a cold winter. And because of this declaration I've been appreciating the heat. You finished your home projects. Must feel great to have that all done with. Wes, you'll have to post a few pics of the completed rooms & show us your design style.

Here are a couple of pictures of my latest additions. The station bracelet (currently has 18 x .13pts) I'll be adding another 5 as the jeweler thought a chain at the end would look ok. He initially said I needed 10 more stones but I actually only need 5. A pain in the a$$ that really could have been avoided. I'll be shipping it off soon & have them adjust it. I love it. It's beefy & delicate at the same time. The ring is much prettier in person. The pictures make it look huge but it's really not. Ok, yes, the stone is large but the details are very finely done. The centre stone is an Old European Cut & is quite the firecracker. I love all the colours it flashes. It absorbs colours. I was standing under a tree & you can see green reflecting in the stone. Some people don't know what to say about it because they don't know what type of stone it is. I've been asked if it was a Swarovski ring. Ah,,that would be, no. My finger size is 6. It looks pretty large because of the halo but I'm getting used to it & doesn't looks as big as when I 1st got it. It's a keeper. Tried to resize the tree pic & it looks a bit distorted. :-(

[/QUOTE

Everything in the pics is Beautiful
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2015, 01:06 PM   #25578
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Thanks Nick. :-)

Sorry all for the really large picture. I keep resizing & editing. The same picture keeps popping up. :-( I don't mean to be in your face with it.
Old 2 September 2015, 01:15 PM   #25579
nick c
Banned

Welcome back
Old 2 September 2015, 10:38 PM   #25580
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Thank you Nick. :-)

Ahh..so glad to see the size of the picture changed. It was massive before. LOL ** relief**
Old 2 September 2015, 10:40 PM   #25581
nick c
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalsignsrn View Post
Thank you Nick. :-)

Ahh..so glad to see the size of the picture changed. It was massive before. LOL ** relief**
No need its looking good
Old 4 September 2015, 08:00 AM   #25582
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalsignsrn View Post
Wes, sorry to hear that about your summer. It's been a hot one thats for sure. "They", whomever "they" are, have predicted a cold winter. And because of this declaration I've been appreciating the heat. You finished your home projects. Must feel great to have that all done with. Wes, you'll have to post a few pics of the completed rooms & show us your design style.

Theres not much to show really, new plaster, carpets, paint, just plain/clean now compared to what was there before. Did have a balls-up with the curtain orders, if I have to go into it think I'll cry.

Love the ring and bracelet.
Old 19 September 2015, 03:52 AM   #25583
SearChart
TechXpert

Hey Wes, did your dad like Insterstellar?
Old 20 September 2015, 07:55 AM   #25584
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey Wes, did your dad like Insterstellar?
Er sort of, he didn't quite follow exactly what was happening, he's not quite with-it like he used to be.

Looked and sounded amazing on the IMAX.
Old 21 September 2015, 06:45 PM   #25585
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Er sort of, he didn't quite follow exactly what was happening, he's not quite with-it like he used to be.

Looked and sounded amazing on the IMAX.
Same with my dad, he could follow the general story but when they started talking some 'science' he quickly lost it.
Old 1 October 2015, 04:11 AM   #25586
SearChart
TechXpert

Does anyone of you fine folks here have contact with Lisa? I'm wondering how she's doing, she has been offline for nearly a year now.
Old 1 October 2015, 05:17 AM   #25587
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Does anyone of you fine folks here have contact with Lisa? I'm wondering how she's doing, she has been offline for nearly a year now.
No contact here.
Old 1 October 2015, 05:27 AM   #25588
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
No contact here.
None here, either.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2015, 04:51 PM   #25589
SearChart
TechXpert

I have an interview at Richemont in Amsterdam today, pretty exciting, wish me luck
Old 22 October 2015, 08:36 PM   #25590
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have an interview at Richemont in Amsterdam today, pretty exciting, wish me luck
Wow, very best of luck Bas!