The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 9 January 2017, 04:10 PM   #91
Investr
Banned

Watch: Constantly changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Picks for next week:
Dallas
Atlanta
New England
KC
Dallas
SEATTLE
New England
KC
Investr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2017, 10:43 PM   #92
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
Quote:
Picks for next week:
Dallas
Atlanta
New England
KC
You think for two weeks in a row there will not be an upset not
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2017, 10:53 PM   #93
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
You think for two weeks in a row there will not be an upset not
I think these will be the winners. I posted my picks before any of the lines came out, so not sure why you would make your comment.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2017, 11:24 PM   #94
Boothroyd
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Investr View Post
CAREFUL what you wish for.....
Playing the Cowboys is infinitely better than losing to the Giants. Happy to see the Pack take its chances against Dallas.
Old 9 January 2017, 11:51 PM   #95
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfullm42 View Post
I second this, I'm also a big Cowboys fan and can't wait for the game again the Packers next week!

Hey wait a minute. You live in Seattle area and are not a 12?? Cmon man.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2017, 11:54 PM   #96
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Games should be much more competitive next week. Well..except the Pats game.
Go Hawks
Old 10 January 2017, 12:27 AM   #97
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Fox and the NFL couldn't be happier.
The TV ratings for Packers/Cowboys will be through the roof.
Old 10 January 2017, 01:39 AM   #98
Jfullm42
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by droptopman View Post
Haha Mark I grew up in Oregon with my cousin being a huge 49ers fan and so I had to be his rival, so I've been a Cowboys fan since I was a kid. I do like the Hawks, especially living up here now, but I've got to stay true to my longtime team
Old 10 January 2017, 01:41 AM   #99
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:

Does this mean you're down to 11 now.

Quote:
Haha Mark I grew up in Oregon with my cousin being a huge 49ers fan and so I had to be his rival, so I've been a Cowboys fan since I was a kid. I do like the Hawks, especially living up here now, but I've got to stay true to my longtime team
Old 10 January 2017, 01:48 AM   #100
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
LOL, just messing with you. Me too to some degree. Growing up we did not have a team in the early 70's. My Dad played briefly for the Rams when they were in LA, but they were not that great. It was really Dallas and Pitt in that era, so root for the white or the black. Dad liked the Steelers and I liked the Boys.
Then when we got a team we had season tickets back in the crazy Patera days. I was not much of a Holgren fan so was not that interested in the team in that era. Only really got interested in the Hawks after Pete came to us. I was at a football camp in my teens and Carroll was a guest coach that I had a lot of interaction with. Just love the guy. Been a 12 since!
Old 10 January 2017, 01:51 AM   #101
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
LOL, I hope not. We need everything on our side this year. Cautiously optimistic...
Old 10 January 2017, 02:01 AM   #102
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
LOL, I hope not. We need everything on our side this year. Cautiously optimistic...
I'm thinking Ryan and the dirty birds are bringing it this week. They have an axe to grind with you all. It should be a good game, but I'm giving ATL the edge.
Old 10 January 2017, 02:04 AM   #103
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm thinking Ryan and the dirty birds are bringing it this week. They have an axe to grind with you all. It should be a good game, but I'm giving ATL the edge.

Tend to agree. We don't travel well. We needed to win that AZ game for home field. Our D has holes and is not our D of 3 years ago. We will need turnovers and Wilson will need to play the game of his life to win on the road.
Just in case I will root for GB so if Hawks do win we come back home. All very unlikely but hey that's why they play the games.
Old 10 January 2017, 04:14 AM   #104
wantonebad

Watch: 126600, 116500LN
this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peyton.jpg (68.7 KB, 115 views)
wantonebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2017, 06:29 AM   #105
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
bunch of junk blowout games.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2017, 07:14 AM   #106
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantonebad View Post
this:

Old 10 January 2017, 07:17 AM   #107
mastersub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Tend to agree. We don't travel well. We needed to win that AZ game for home field. Our D has holes and is not our D of 3 years ago. We will need turnovers and Wilson will need to play the game of his life to win on the road.
Just in case I will root for GB so if Hawks do win we come back home. All very unlikely but hey that's why they play the games.
Remember that in the regular season SEA-ATL game, Wilson was basically playing with one leg. Will be interesting to see if Seattle really found it's ground game or if the Detroit game was just an aberration.
mastersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2017, 12:21 PM   #108
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
With Jordy injured I am worried but with Aaron at the helm anything can happen

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2017, 12:27 PM   #109
Boothroyd

If Jordy practices by Saturday, a chance he will play. 2 cracked ribs.
Old 10 January 2017, 01:09 PM   #110
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
bunch of junk blowout games.
Agreed. Quite the wasted weekend.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2017, 04:07 PM   #111
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

As was completely expected, 3 of the 4 games were just going through the motions drivel...

Seahawks and Steelers....no problem moving on what so ever....

Texans / Raiders? Completely irrelevant.

Pack / Giants? Now this was an interesting development. I had picked the Giants to win NFC and they really laid an egg here. The Packers clearly are a team running very well. They are pass blocking and their defense is quality. They really turned things around into a real threat. But...at a cost. No Jordy Nelson and they will need him to stretch the field. Dallas / GB will be a fascinating game.

Here is next week:

Pats / XXXXXs. Not even worth writing the opponent name. This will be an epic beatdown.
#1 Defense will be touted as reason to tune in, but that is just phoney nonsense.
Pats win HUGE....

Chiefs / Steelers: Steelers win this. They obliterated the Chiefs last time they played.
Chiefs D is ok and it will be closer in KC than game in Pitt, but Chiefs offense is lame and they won't be able to keep up with Steelers offensive onslaught.

Seahawks / Falcons. Hmm. Really no feel on this game yet. Falcons offensive is explosive. Their defense is average. Seahawks are bi-polar, so they could dominate or get beat. 50/50 here.

Cowboys / Packers? How bad will Pack miss Jordy? Will Packers be able to stop Elliot?

Last game they played, Cowboys rolled....but the Packers are legitimately a reborn team....that is not just sports media ratings hype marketing....they look great. Cant' pick this one yet either.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2017, 02:26 AM   #112
Boothroyd

Dean Spanos (owner of the Chargers) confirms in a public letter that the San Diego Chargers will be the Los Angeles Chargers, starting in 2017. Sounds like they will play in a smaller venue, StubHub Center, not the LA Coliseum, for the next two seasons.
Old 13 January 2017, 05:59 AM   #113
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
As was completely expected, 3 of the 4 games were just going through the motions drivel...

Seahawks and Steelers....no problem moving on what so ever....

Texans / Raiders? Completely irrelevant.

Pack / Giants? Now this was an interesting development. I had picked the Giants to win NFC and they really laid an egg here. The Packers clearly are a team running very well. They are pass blocking and their defense is quality. They really turned things around into a real threat. But...at a cost. No Jordy Nelson and they will need him to stretch the field. Dallas / GB will be a fascinating game.

Here is next week:

Pats / XXXXXs. Not even worth writing the opponent name. This will be an epic beatdown.
#1 Defense will be touted as reason to tune in, but that is just phoney nonsense.
Pats win HUGE....

Chiefs / Steelers: Steelers win this. They obliterated the Chiefs last time they played.
Chiefs D is ok and it will be closer in KC than game in Pitt, but Chiefs offense is lame and they won't be able to keep up with Steelers offensive onslaught.

Seahawks / Falcons. Hmm. Really no feel on this game yet. Falcons offensive is explosive. Their defense is average. Seahawks are bi-polar, so they could dominate or get beat. 50/50 here.

Cowboys / Packers? How bad will Pack miss Jordy? Will Packers be able to stop Elliot?

Last game they played, Cowboys rolled....but the Packers are legitimately a reborn team....that is not just sports media ratings hype marketing....they look great. Cant' pick this one yet either.

Like your analysis

Bi polar is a perfect description of the Hawks. They can beat anybody, but lose to anybody on any given day...
Old 13 January 2017, 06:50 AM   #114
qman
"TRF" Member

Watch: platona
Quote:
Like your analysis

Bi polar is a perfect description of the Hawks. They can beat anybody, but lose to anybody on any given day...
Same thing can be said about my Steelers, it was nice to leave the stadium with 2 minutes left in the game this last week (I would have stayed till the end, but it was -1 with windchill the entire days and the kids were popsicles and were done). Usually they keep things close till the end.

I had a client based in Seattle for the last 4 years, I appreciate their fan base and their love of their team, even though they gave me A LOT of grief for being a Steelers fan, they kept it friendly...mostly. I've come to follow them a lot more the last 4 years and a friend even took me to their home opener last year.

I think the Hawks/Atlanta game will be interesting, I'm interested in how close the refs watch Sherman. That no call on pass interference the last game they played was a pretty blatant miss. He's been the recipient of some pretty blatant no calls. In the end, it all comes down to Wilson and if he can keep it going the entire game, not just a great half.

Finally, it would be a Rolex forum without a pic. I took my BLRO to visit C-link.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clink_Field.jpg (103.4 KB, 64 views)
Old 13 January 2017, 07:06 AM   #115
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman View Post
Same thing can be said about my Steelers, it was nice to leave the stadium with 2 minutes left in the game this last week (I would have stayed till the end, but it was -1 with windchill the entire days and the kids were popsicles and were done). Usually they keep things close till the end.

I had a client based in Seattle for the last 4 years, I appreciate their fan base and their love of their team, even though they gave me A LOT of grief for being a Steelers fan, they kept it friendly...mostly. I've come to follow them a lot more the last 4 years and a friend even took me to their home opener last year.

I think the Hawks/Atlanta game will be interesting, I'm interested in how close the refs watch Sherman. That no call on pass interference the last game they played was a pretty blatant miss. He's been the recipient of some pretty blatant no calls. In the end, it all comes down to Wilson and if he can keep it going the entire game, not just a great half.

Finally, it would be a Rolex forum without a pic. I took my BLRO to visit C-link.
Awesome shot. We were just talking about the Steelers today st lunch. We do jersey day on Thursdays since some of our staff have Friday and Saturday off and we have a couple staff here that are Steelers fans. Some around here are still grieving the SB loss...even though we have won since. Well I call it 1.5 SB wins since we gave the Patriots the last one with that terrible play call to end the game. Don't get me started...

We like to go to sporting events in other cities when we travel. Century Link is a special deal. Hard to describe to folks that have not been there but we do have some crazy fans up here in the PNW. I go to a lot of UW Husky games and it is loud there, but not like the 12's at CL.

Wilson will need to play the game of his life Saturday for us to win. I wonder if Sherm will take Jones the whole game of just play his standard left CB? I think we will need to blitz quite a bit to keep Ryan uncomfortable which will leave us vulnerable deep, but I do not think we can play conservative on D and win. Hoping our scheme is to take some chances. Looking forward to this weekend. 3 or the 4 games are great match ups. Pats should dominate but the rest of the games could go either way.

Had a great fantasy playoff week last weekend and only needed to change one player so double points this week!

Good luck to those with teams playing
Old 13 January 2017, 07:37 AM   #116
qman
"TRF" Member

Watch: platona
Quote:
Awesome shot. We were just talking about the Steelers today st lunch. We do jersey day on Thursdays since some of our staff have Friday and Saturday off and we have a couple staff here that are Steelers fans. Some around here are still grieving the SB loss...even though we have won since. Well I call it 1.5 SB wins since we gave the Patriots the last one with that terrible play call to end the game. Don't get me started...

We like to go to sporting events in other cities when we travel. Century Link is a special deal. Hard to describe to folks that have not been there but we do have some crazy fans up here in the PNW. I go to a lot of UW Husky games and it is loud there, but not like the 12's at CL.

Wilson will need to play the game of his life Saturday for us to win. I wonder if Sherm will take Jones the whole game of just play his standard left CB? I think we will need to blitz quite a bit to keep Ryan uncomfortable which will leave us vulnerable deep, but I do not think we can play conservative on D and win. Hoping our scheme is to take some chances. Looking forward to this weekend. 3 or the 4 games are great match ups. Pats should dominate but the rest of the games could go either way.

Had a great fantasy playoff week last weekend and only needed to change one player so double points this week!

Good luck to those with teams playing
Oh my, don't get me started on how loud it is there. I still get occasional ringing in my ears that I blame on clink. Before I went, I totally thought they pumped in noise through the speakers; but after being there, it's totally real and unbelievably loud.

As for the game, I agree they have to keep Ryan under pressure, that boy can have an epic meltdown with enough pressure.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Steelers/Seahawks SB, but I think it will be Dallas/New England. As much as I don't want to see NE in it, I just don't see anyone stopping them.

As for this week, I think the best game will be DAL/GB. I'm interested to see if Dak can handle the playoff pressure, as well as the GB defense.
Old 13 January 2017, 09:54 AM   #117
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
They're far from the best team, but I definitely wouldn't want to play Rodgers right now.
He has that look about him.
Bump
Old 13 January 2017, 11:17 AM   #118
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
Regardless of the fact my beloved Giants laid an egg, it is still good to be a Big Blue fan. Especially living here in Washington Redskins territory. This gets me lots of attention. Positive and negative!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170112_201133.jpg (93.6 KB, 53 views)
Sublover2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2017, 11:19 AM   #119
Jfullm42
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16600
Quote:
LOL
Old 13 January 2017, 01:46 PM   #120
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
That was the right play call. Pats were expecting run, and Beastmode had been stopped before. Butler made a great play on the ball, just like Kearse made a great play a minute earlier to get them to the 5.

Get over it.