The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 20 February 2024, 12:28 AM   #1
Giovannibravo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub| DJ41| 79540
Panerai Movements

So I went to the boutique yesterday. They had a beautiful PAM 01356. Come to realize the movement isn't the greatest. Apparently, it doesn't hack, nor does it have any movement finishing. Do any of the latest Luminors have any decent movement (i.e., compared to Rolex and Omega)? I also heard the movement quality is so bad that people can't distinguish between the authentic watches and the fakes. I have heard some of the later stuff is better.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Giovannibravo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2024, 05:05 AM   #2
Looking100
"TRF" Member

I would stay away from any of the "newer" Panerai models, I just don't think the quality is the same anymore for the price point. I would recommend getting an older PAM 111 instead, you could find one cheaper and, in my opinion, it is a much better watch than the 01356.
Looking100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2024, 11:40 AM   #3
funkright
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs. All of them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovannibravo View Post
So I went to the boutique yesterday. They had a beautiful PAM 01356. Come to realize the movement isn't the greatest. Apparently, it doesn't hack, nor does it have any movement finishing. Do any of the latest Luminors have any decent movement (i.e., compared to Rolex and Omega)? I also heard the movement quality is so bad that people can't distinguish between the authentic watches and the fakes. I have heard some of the later stuff is better.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
I appreciate the model I picked up and its movement (or its base movement) is still used in a few current Panerai models (3 day PR, Microrotor, etc). Not sure if I would buy a model that didn't provide something unique like this. The model is PAM 627 and I am incredibly happy with it, all things considered. I wear it in rotation with a 116710LN and a few other pieces. Just as pleased with it as I am with the 👑
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0760.JPG (106.9 KB, 258 views)
funkright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2024, 12:11 PM   #4
Tom Arai
Banned

Yes I suggest you move on you don’t want the watches so why waste your time.
Tom Arai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 03:01 AM   #5
Vinclu
"TRF" Member

PAM 915. I have one bought new in 2022. P5000 in house movement it’s like a tractor and incredible accuracy. -3 sec/week. My Sea Dweller bought new in June 2023 loose -1 sec/day and that’s noise me. Be aware on scratches :) PAM’s are magnets for scratches. My PAM is far most accurate watch from my entire collection: PO 43.5, SD 43, 2x GP 1966, Zenith, IWC BP 5004.
Vinclu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 05:27 PM   #6
Pam1086
"TRF" Member

P6000 also like a tractor, roboust very accurate and PR of 92h.
Pam1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 07:16 PM   #7
StanCho
"TRF" Member

You should not really be concerned about either accuracy or the fact the movement does not hack when talking about Panerai. These things don't even have minute markers so why worry? :)

I have the ref 914, P5000 movement, have no clue does it lose or gain time but what I do know is that the PR is 10.5 days not 8 as stated. It can go up to 11 days but then it visibly starts to lose timre.
StanCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 09:07 PM   #8
Gerardus
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕
Panerai Movements

I own a PAM 1028 and the P9010 movement is awesome decorated.
But my watch was 4 times back to Panerai because of not running om time. Really annoying but since it came back Summer 2023 no issues anymore.

♕16570 ♕126610 ♕126333
Gerardus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2024, 02:04 AM   #9
Tylerlsu2008
"TRF" Member

I may have gotten super luckily.

My boss and another co-worker had Panerai's they loved, and I loved the look as well.

Was itching for a new watch and walked in the boutique and on a whim pulled the trigger on a 42mm 1535 GMT. I believe I got the either the last or second to last in all of North America (it is discontinued).

I guess I got lucky as I wasn't super well versed in PAM. Mine not only hacks, but also has zero-seconds function. Display case back -- isn't a work of art, but also not terrible. I have dropped on floor and had it rattling on my wrist for long ATV rides on my honeymoon, and it is still ticking well and keeping great time (knock on wood).
Tylerlsu2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2024, 09:48 PM   #10
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 03:38 PM   #11
YouFoundtheDeal
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Panerai PAM441 Cer
Could Panerai's number of boutiques be decreasing or is it just my impression?
YouFoundtheDeal is offline   Reply With Quote