The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 April 2015, 07:32 AM   #1
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas
Navitimer 01 LE

Does the Nav 01 LE have options...like a buckle or clasp leather strap?

Is it weird that I have any opportunity to buy a 15XX/2000 BNIB complete with papers stamped this past March? This is some really old new stock, right? They are wanting $6300, but with none on the market that I can find, not sure if this is good deal?

I've only had one Breitling (Bentley GT) and lost pretty big when selling. I would like to add a chrono with date in this size range. I sold my Daytona due to it's smaller size and no date. I also figured I could put a mesh bracelet on the Navi for a classy summer option.

Any help/tips/opinions is greatly appreciated as I try to add a chrono with date.

Thanks.
jbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2015, 07:35 AM   #2
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Breitlings come as head and bracelet/strap separate so you can decide whatever you want.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2015, 08:00 AM   #3
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Correct, but what does the Nav 01 LE come from Breitling with? Only strap? If so, buckle only?

Thanks again.
Old 21 April 2015, 11:58 AM   #4
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

It was available in whatever combination the buyer wanted, there wasn't one particular strap or bracelet that you had to get. I saw them sold on the calf strap, croc strap, or the bracelet. You could also get whatever buckle, tang or deployant, you wanted.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2015, 12:04 PM   #5
bde
"TRF" Member

Watch: -aholics anonymous
I had a Navi 01 LE and when they were released they were most commonly found on a black calf strap with tang buckle. Few had black croc with deployant, and very, very few hand a bracelet. $6300 is a good price for a NOS from a dealer.
bde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2015, 12:35 PM   #6
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP
I had one too and it came on the softest leather strap I've worn. As for summer, you could get the OEM bracelet or that air racer bracelet but they are pretty expensive. I just bought a used 22mm strap and kept the original one in good shape.

As for the price, that's very good for NOS. They extended the 01 warranty to five years and with fully stamped cards you should be good to go. That's about what I paid for preowned a couple of years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2015, 01:04 PM   #7
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson3097 View Post
It was available in whatever combination the buyer wanted, there wasn't one particular strap or bracelet that you had to get. I saw them sold on the calf strap, croc strap, or the bracelet. You could also get whatever buckle, tang or deployant, you wanted.
Thanks Justin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bde View Post
I had a Navi 01 LE and when they were released they were most commonly found on a black calf strap with tang buckle. Few had black croc with deployant, and very, very few hand a bracelet. $6300 is a good price for a NOS from a dealer.
Thanks Brad! It's from a trusted grey dealer. I didn't even know there was any NOS left on this piece. What made you trade/sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvrf View Post
I had one too and it came on the softest leather strap I've worn. As for summer, you could get the OEM bracelet or that air racer bracelet but they are pretty expensive. I just bought a used 22mm strap and kept the original one in good shape.

As for the price, that's very good for NOS. They extended the 01 warranty to five years and with fully stamped cards you should be good to go. That's about what I paid for preowned a couple of years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Steve! I was thinking of an OEM mesh bracelet to hide scratches and have something classic and different on a Navi for summertime when you perspire more. What made you trade/sell?
Old 21 April 2015, 01:22 PM   #8
bde
"TRF" Member

Watch: -aholics anonymous
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmith View Post
Thanks Brad! It's from a trusted grey dealer. I didn't even know there was any NOS left on this piece. What made you trade/sell?
I sold mine to fund other watches. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if I found one at a good price.
bde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2015, 12:48 AM   #9
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks Steve! I was thinking of an OEM mesh bracelet to hide scratches and have something classic and different on a Navi for summertime when you perspire more. What made you trade/sell?
The Navitimer 01 LE is a beautiful watch with excellent detail on the dial and the movement is also great to look at through the sapphire caseback. The 5 year warranty for the in-house movement and classic design was great. But in the end, two things led to me selling it:

1. Acquiring an AP Royal Oak Chronograph 25860
2. I wasn't thrilled about the 30m water resistance, which is basically splash-resistant, so I felt like it limited my wearing time.
Old 22 April 2015, 03:24 AM   #10
GermanyMatt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126711, 126610
I also had a Navitimer LE, but it was the Blue Sky version. It was an absolutely gorgeous watch, but I just didn't bond with it for some reason. That version came typically with a blue croc strap or you could upgrade to the pilot bracelet. As others have mentioned, you can put whatever you want on the watch at the AD dealer because they will probably price the head and the strap/bracelet separately.

IMO, Navitimers should always been worn with a strap.
GermanyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2015, 05:34 AM   #11
Bernie.H.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyMatt View Post
I also had a Navitimer LE, but it was the Blue Sky version. It was an absolutely gorgeous watch, but I just didn't bond with it for some reason. That version came typically with a blue croc strap or you could upgrade to the pilot bracelet. As others have mentioned, you can put whatever you want on the watch at the AD dealer because they will probably price the head and the strap/bracelet separately.

IMO, Navitimers should always been worn with a strap.
Never seen the Blue Sky in real life but it always looks great in photographs. I have the black version, it came on calf strap and buckle so I upgraded to crock and clasp. It is probably my favourite watch.
image.jpg
Bernie.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2015, 12:35 PM   #12
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie.H. View Post
Never seen the Blue Sky in real life but it always looks great in photographs. I have the black version, it came on calf strap and buckle so I upgraded to crock and clasp. It is probably my favourite watch.
Attachment 612551
You enabler you.

Great looking watch! I can see why it's your favorite.

I just found out the one I'm looking at comes with calf tang buckle as well. I would seriously consider a mesh bracelet as well to replicate that classic look, doesn't show scratches (except clasp), but would be a great summer time option.

Has anyone here put a mesh on the navi like some of the old photo ads from Breitling?

Thanks again.
Old 24 April 2015, 01:41 PM   #13
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

I did it! Should have it tomorrow morning! I've never dealt with WatchMaxx from NY before, but Dave there has been very helpful in answering all of my questions and getting me the watch by tomorrow morning. Pics to follow. Now I'll need to find a Breitling mesh bracelet to fit at a good price for a more summer time classic look. Thanks again for everyone's help on this one.
Old 24 April 2015, 02:18 PM   #14
1F1Fan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pam 523
I bought a Tag F1 from them and had no problems.
1F1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2015, 06:44 PM   #15
Bernie.H.
Banned

Great, you have done really well to get a n.o.s. piece. You won't regret it.
Old 28 April 2015, 12:04 AM   #16
jbsmith
"TRF" Member

uploadfromtaptalk1430142904430.jpg Came in last Friday. My favorite chronograph due to its size, history, date function, slide rule, B01 with sapphire case back, limited, and of course great looks. My only complaint would be water resistance...crown does not screw in. The only time this may affect me most is cleaning. I guess no submersion cleaning for this guy. Still looking to put on mesh soon for warm weather wear and another classic bracelet look like in the old ads. ;)
Old 28 April 2015, 03:29 AM   #17
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Attachment 614512 Came in last Friday. My favorite chronograph due to its size, history, date function, slide rule, B01 with sapphire case back, limited, and of course great looks. My only complaint would be water resistance...crown does not screw in. The only time this may affect me most is cleaning. I guess no submersion cleaning for this guy. Still looking to put on mesh soon for warm weather wear and another classic bracelet look like in the old ads. ;)
Looks great congrats! Yeah WR is the only downside I really had with it, but I didn't want to get that nice leather strap wet either. If you don't find a mesh bracelet, it may also look good with a silicone/rubber strap as long as the stitching is white.
Old 28 April 2015, 07:43 AM   #18
Bernie.H.
Banned

Looks great, hope you enjoy wearing it for years to come.
Old 28 April 2015, 09:54 AM   #19
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Looks fantastic! Navitimer is such a great watch enjoy
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote