The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 20 March 2015, 05:37 PM   #1
PAM 113
"TRF" Member

Is this Blancpain good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261814222512...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Wbat do you think of this Blancpain?
The seller has sold some watches. I haven't owned a Blancpain before so I wanted to ask you what do you tihkn about it? Does the movement seem normal?
I noticed the date is in red, is that normal?
PAM 113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2015, 07:11 PM   #2
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
That movement is hideous chinese crap!

100% fake!
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2015, 12:22 AM   #3
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Terrible fake
Old 21 March 2015, 07:32 AM   #4
drifter01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5500 Air-King
It is a Phong "replice" (meaning FAKE). Definately complete Chinese trash.

Dave
Ace of Clubs
"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." - Hunter S. Thompson
drifter01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2015, 08:02 AM   #5
themaninblack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncollection View Post
Terrible fake
All fakes are terrible.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2015, 04:36 PM   #6
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
did that sell? ouch
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2015, 12:43 PM   #7
TheRealPatek

Watch: ing you watchin me
Instead of calling it crap, or Chinese ballony, can we get a reason why?

I'm not doubting your judgement, but sometimes I feel like a dealer on this forum may bad mouth a sale because they are also selling a similar watch. Or ppl tend to be like sheep (following the crowd) and just want to get their post count up. "CRAP" then the reason why.. or else I don't feel like the watch is either a replica or an authentic piece.
TheRealPatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2015, 02:08 PM   #8
breitlings
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealPatek View Post
Instead of calling it crap, or Chinese ballony, can we get a reason why?

I'm not doubting your judgement, but sometimes I feel like a dealer on this forum may bad mouth a sale because they are also selling a similar watch. Or ppl tend to be like sheep (following the crowd) and just want to get their post count up. "CRAP" then the reason why.. or else I don't feel like the watch is either a replica or an authentic piece.
lets say your worst case scenario, no one has been materially injured, the watch seller still has his goods, and the buyer of a potentially fake watch still has his money. much better than not having good advice at the expense of perhaps injuring someones feelings or chances of selling a watch more than one person has a question with.
Old 29 March 2015, 02:15 PM   #9
TheRealPatek

Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlings View Post
lets say your worst case scenario, no one has been materially injured, the watch seller still has his goods, and the buyer of a potentially fake watch still has his money. much better than not having good advice at the expense of perhaps injuring someones feelings or chances of selling a watch more than one person has a question with.
Thanks for the quote, but you're missing my point. I will say again, not critiquing or criticizing the judgement here. But by just posting "Crap", post "Crap" with an explination. That way everyone can understand and education becomes more relevent.

Obviously, your post is 100% correct and in my full agreement.
Old 29 March 2015, 10:46 PM   #10
drifter01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5500 Air-King
If you require an explanation, then you musat doubt the accuracy of the assessment. If you doubt that, then either don't pay any attention to that reply, or don't ask if a watch is good or fake. Instead, ask for what's wrong with the watch. If we are trusted enough to ask for authenticity, then why question us about why its fake?

Dave
Ace of Clubs
"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." - Hunter S. Thompson
drifter01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2015, 10:59 PM   #11
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1530
Quote:
But by just posting "Crap", post "Crap" with an explination. That way everyone can understand
I couldn't disagree more. We don't discuss fakes here. If someone is posting a crap watch, then "crap" or "sorry, crap" is all that's needed. We don't need to give counterfeiters an encyclopedia of which errors are most obvious.
powerfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2015, 11:04 PM   #12
TheRealPatek

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfunk View Post
I couldn't disagree more. We don't discuss fakes here. If someone is posting a crap watch, then "crap" or "sorry, crap" is all that's needed. We don't need to give counterfeiters an encyclopedia of which errors are most obvious.
Another obvious fact acknowledged. Look, it's really not that hard.

It would be nice to state the reason why or what a memeber sees as fake.

Again, I AGREE IT'S CRAP. It's okay that the limited few can't comprehend a simple request. You're parents left you amazing companies you take for granted and would never be able to build on your own... (getting out the pop corn)..

Maybe, just maybe, what's obvious to you.. okay follow me here.. isn't obvious to another. Do. You. Unferstand. Me?
Old 29 March 2015, 11:08 PM   #13
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No, it wouldn't. Did you even read my post?
Old 30 March 2015, 02:17 AM   #14
Comacho
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 168000
I tend to agree. As we're all inquisitive and here in the first place, I too am interested in what EXACTLY is wrong with various examples. However I agree that spelling out specific errors for all the world to see would only lead t better and more deceptive counterfeit watches
Comacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2015, 02:28 AM   #15
User_Error
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondtoys View Post
That movement is hideous chinese crap!

100% fake!
actually it's an AS 1700. which is period correct. if it were cheap chinese it would be a dg2813, most likely, which that is not. as far as i know there is no chinese clone of the as1700.
User_Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2015, 03:41 AM   #16
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1680
The movement does look like an AS1700. I am surprised by the lack of any decoration.
Fredrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2015, 05:09 AM   #17
breitlings
Banned

Quote:
Another obvious fact acknowledged. Look, it's really not that hard.

Again, I AGREE IT'S CRAP. It's okay that the limited few can't comprehend a simple request. You're parents left you amazing companies you take for granted and would never be able to build on your own... (getting out the pop corn)..

Maybe, just maybe, what's obvious to you.. okay follow me here.. isn't obvious to another. Do. You. Unferstand. Me?
Then I'd suggest pm somebody or challenge an issue. I think debate is ok especially if it's a military watch that is difficult to verify. There are threads where people say it's legit too. Blanket statement about entrepreneurs or trf members probably won't further your cause. I'd challenge your assertions of inherited companies. ranches and farms are inherited which is why we need to protect trusts from estate taxes. Most young CEOs I know are innovators bringing products to market that actually add increased value to the economy. However I do agree I got everything from my Abba Father.
Old 30 March 2015, 05:19 AM   #18
TheRealPatek

Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlings View Post
Then I'd suggest pm somebody or challenge an issue. There are threads where people say it's legit too. Blanket statement about entrepreneurs or trf members probably won't further your cause. I'd challenge your assertions of inherited companies. ranches and farms are inherited which is why we need to protect trusts. Most young CEOs I know are innovators bringing products to market that actually add increased value to the economy. However I do agree I got everything from my Abba Father.
Haha well played sir. However, I know it's human nature to be lazy... so let's keep posting "man that watch is crap" without justifying one self for the sole purpose of the chance their explination may be embarrassing. But u know your Abba Father and yourself, would never do that, that'd be "WACK".
Old 30 March 2015, 05:42 AM   #19
breitlings
Banned

People need grace, we are all wack lol. I'm just one poster here but I said ouch that it sold when there were questions. I don't know that watch so I didn't say anything but if I see something I own I will chime in. Honestly I don't even know if that watch is fake. I just wouldn't want to buy it if there were that many questions. Imo There's sort of a sliding scale of real (and fraken) I've seen almost perfect daytonas with real dials for example or APs with the og jlc movement switched for generic. So when you put it out there if there are questions from many eyes I tend to stay away it's just like Linux. Many eyes make it the best OS kernel in the world.
Old 30 March 2015, 09:28 AM   #20
cajunron
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster PO
Quote:
Well said. It seems like it is always the new guys that want a list of reasons of why the watch is fake. All that is needed is a little time, research and a set of eyeballs and they can see for themselves why the watch is fake.
Old 30 March 2015, 02:41 PM   #21
User_Error
Banned

Quote:

the counterfeiters are not, and have never been, monitoring these, or any, threads on this forum for feedback on the products they are manufacturing. i can say this with 100% certainty. 100%.

they never have, and will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever seek out the advice, approval, feedback or opinion of anyone on this or any other genuine-centric forum.

EVER.

i am willing to bet my LIFE on this. because i know, without a doubt, that this is true.

please stop this complete fallacy from spreading any further.

once again: THEY DO NOT CARE WHAT A BUNCH OF FORUM NERDS WITH MORE MONEY THAN SENSE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE PRODUCTS THEY MANUFACTURE AND SELL. YOU ARE NOT THEIR TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC, YOU WILL NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCT THEREFORE THEY DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

does that make any sense to you?

it should. their number one target is the tourist who thinks it's funny to pay $100 for a rolex. this person does not know what a real rolex should look like, they only care that they can get a watch that says "ROLEX" on the dial for CHEAP.

that being said, every once in a while there may be a shady character with a replica on his hands who has nefarious ideas to flog his "cheap chinese fake" for an enormous profit on the 'bay, or other such sites. it happens, there are bad people in this world who would happily take your hard (or not so hard) earned money, in exchange for something far less valuable than what was being represented. these people may occasionally test the waters here, however, they are singular entities, not representative of the "industry". Your discussion of the flaws of their product will in no way what so ever aid or influence future revisions of replica products.

i hope some of you will finally understand this and stop spouting off this false narrative.
User_Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2015, 09:37 PM   #22
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by User_Error View Post
the counterfeiters are not, and have never been, monitoring these, or any, threads on this forum for feedback on the products they are manufacturing. i can say this with 100% certainty. 100%.
No, you can't.

Quote:
they never have, and will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever seek out the advice, approval, feedback or opinion of anyone on this or any other genuine-centric forum.
Yes, they do. Constantly. Do you seriously believe that counterfeiters have not improved their products based on knowledge from forums like this?

Quote:
i know, without a doubt, that this is true...THEY DO NOT CARE WHAT A BUNCH OF FORUM NERDS WITH MORE MONEY THAN SENSE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE PRODUCTS THEY MANUFACTURE AND SELL. YOU ARE NOT THEIR TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC.
Chill with the caps; that argument has been repeated by a lot of noobs: "You're not their target market; they sell $100 crap to people who know nothing and they don't care." There is an entire disgusting world of people out there who painstakingly assemble "super-frankens" one at a time; fake Rolexes aren't all mass-produced. And if you think all the counterfeiters in the entire world somehow intentionally avoid the largest wealth of knowledge about Rolex on the internet, then I can tell you that you're wrong.

With 100% certainty.
Old 30 March 2015, 09:54 PM   #23
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
these people may occasionally test the waters here, however, they are singular entities, not representative of the "industry". Your discussion of the flaws of their product will in no way what so ever aid or influence future revisions of replica products.
Just saw your acknowledgement of this rereading your post. They may be individuals, but there are LOTS of these individuals now. I don't want to help any counterfeiters, industrial-scale or not. And how do you think fakers decided to stop making "hooked 2" GMT inserts, for example? When people like us start instinctively saying "First of all it's got the obvious fake hooked 2 insert" then they know the first thing to work on is the insert. I believe there are many examples of this. Plus talking about fakes isn't fun anyway.
Old 31 March 2015, 03:05 AM   #24
breitlings
Banned

It's not an industry it's a bunch of people who steal ip and add nothing of value to the global economy. It's the furthest thing from a legit industry I can think of. If they all lost their jobs tmrw the world would be better. It's like saying Somali pirating is an industry.