The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 22 January 2017, 06:08 AM   #31
2ltdjorn
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
Go get a digital block, marcaine. Should by you some time

First GTG El Paso Nov 2016, WISCON 2019.

Would rather be on the river, somewhere.
2ltdjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2017, 06:25 AM   #32
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
Real sorry to hear Greg. So we're you able to get any relief from surgery or is this still an issue for you? It's a bit odd but my father in law who is 82 is currently experiencing the same issue. His problems started about a month prior to me and after two injections it looks like he may have to go the surgery route as long as his heart is able to with stand it. He had heart bipass surgery about 17 years ago.

He's currently trying to weed himself off of the drugs now which has given me a bit of a pause. Even though everything they have given me so far and they gave me a bit of a bump is real weak, I'm trying my best not to take anything unless it gets real bad.
I find a doctor who will operate on me.....most say the same thing "surgery may help for a bit but scar tissue will develop and more problems will follow etc"
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2017, 06:29 AM   #33
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh1013 View Post
I find a doctor who will operate on me.....most say the same thing "surgery may help for a bit but scar tissue will develop and more problems will follow etc"
Sorry to hear, and that may very well be an issue for me as well. I've been crossing my fingers an aweful lot lately.

Good luck Greg.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2017, 06:32 AM   #34
BristolCavendish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannis7777 View Post
Tooth ache is the worst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch This View Post
You must not have ever experienced kidney stones.
Another one to add to that list of excruciating pain...gout.
BristolCavendish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2017, 09:33 AM   #35
Urosfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me now
Sorry to hear , tooth pain is no joke ,it's the worst pain
Urosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2017, 09:39 AM   #36
nobbylon
Banned

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
It depends on the problem I suppose. In my own case it was a classic lower spine herniated disc pushing on the sciatic nerve. The surgeon just cut away the offending piece thereby relieving the squeezing of the nerve. I spent 6 months in the gym strengthening my back again and retraining my right leg to walk properly and within 6 months I was back sports training which involves throwing, being thrown, twisting etc. It's holding up well so far. If you can get it operated on I would definately recommend it. The key to staying well afterward is core strength so plenty of stomach and back strengthening exercise regularly. Your back will let you know when to ease up and you must listen otherwise your recovery will last longer. I have full flexibility again and just a small limp now and again if I get a bit over enthusiastic when training ;)
I did have to wean myself off of the oxycodon and oxycontin but that only took 6 weeks. Good luck to anyone with back problems because its damn miserable.
nobbylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2017, 12:09 PM   #37
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BristolCavendish View Post
Another one to add to that list of excruciating pain...gout.
and shingles
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2017, 01:22 PM   #38
Dyim
"TRF" Member

Put some topical anesthetic in the area eg oragel.
Dyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2017, 03:29 PM   #39
swils8610
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch This View Post
You must not have ever experienced kidney stones.

Oh dear god! Kidney stones are beyond any pain I have ever had. Tooth aches are no joke either. Kidney stones were way worse than gout for me....feel better Greg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2017, 07:47 PM   #40
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by swils8610 View Post
Oh dear god! Kidney stones are beyond any pain I have ever had. Tooth aches are no joke either. Kidney stones were way worse than gout for me....feel better Greg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Had FOUR (4) myself over the years! Pain
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2017, 11:36 PM   #41
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbylon View Post
It depends on the problem I suppose. In my own case it was a classic lower spine herniated disc pushing on the sciatic nerve. The surgeon just cut away the offending piece thereby relieving the squeezing of the nerve. I spent 6 months in the gym strengthening my back again and retraining my right leg to walk properly and within 6 months I was back sports training which involves throwing, being thrown, twisting etc. It's holding up well so far. If you can get it operated on I would definately recommend it. The key to staying well afterward is core strength so plenty of stomach and back strengthening exercise regularly. Your back will let you know when to ease up and you must listen otherwise your recovery will last longer. I have full flexibility again and just a small limp now and again if I get a bit over enthusiastic when training ;)
I did have to wean myself off of the oxycodon and oxycontin but that only took 6 weeks. Good luck to anyone with back problems because its damn miserable.
I have four herniated disks. I aggravated the condition in the weight room in August. I couldn't stand and breath at the same time. The only thing I've experienced more painful were some serious burns from a propellant fire 35 years ago. It improved enough to fly AUH to ORD a week later, though by improved I mean "embrace the agony" and drive on.

The insurance company required a nonsurgical treatment, which has actually helped quite a bit. I had to drop most of the vertical lifts from my weight training and replace them with a huge amount of core work. The chronic pain dropped from about an 8.5 to about a 3 in 60 days. I occasionally get a twang that takes my breath away, but the pain resolves on its own in about a day or so.

Massage has helped me quite a bit. And I use a TENS unit regularly as well. I only take OTC pain relievers.

Back pain can really suck the life right out of you. Best wishes for fellow sufferers that you can get your issues resolved.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2017, 08:39 PM   #42
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
I have four herniated disks. I aggravated the condition in the weight room in August. I couldn't stand and breath at the same time. The only thing I've experienced more painful were some serious burns from a propellant fire 35 years ago. It improved enough to fly AUH to ORD a week later, though by improved I mean "embrace the agony" and drive on.

The insurance company required a nonsurgical treatment, which has actually helped quite a bit. I had to drop most of the vertical lifts from my weight training and replace them with a huge amount of core work. The chronic pain dropped from about an 8.5 to about a 3 in 60 days. I occasionally get a twang that takes my breath away, but the pain resolves on its own in about a day or so.

Massage has helped me quite a bit. And I use a TENS unit regularly as well. I only take OTC pain relievers.

Back pain can really suck the life right out of you. Best wishes for fellow sufferers that you can get your issues resolved.

Don't mind my asking but what cause your hernia disc? Fell down or strenous excessive exercise?

To the OP : Maybe you can try the painkiller Arcoxia? That's what my dentist prescribe to me.
Old 23 January 2017, 09:33 PM   #43
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
Don't mind my asking but what cause your hernia disc? Fell down or strenous excessive exercise?

To the OP : Maybe you can try the painkiller Arcoxia? That's what my dentist prescribe to me.
I have no idea what caused it originally. I know I've had episodes for about ten years, but none of those seemed to be associated with a particular event. This summer I was in the gym and had increased weight on military press to 70 kg when I felt something move in my lower back. The pain was immediate and intense.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2017, 10:09 PM   #44
greggsiam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils8610 View Post

I've had both, and both were horrible. Kindney stones only morphine could relieve the pain. Actually vomited out of pain. Never had that before.

What Greg has sounds exactly the same as mine. My dentist mistakenly filled an abscessed tooth. When I got home it hurt and then more and more. It was a horrible deep throbbing pain in my jaw. The dentist phoned in many pain killer prescriptions, none of which worked. I could barely walk haven taken so many. The only cure was to hold an ice cube on my inner curved jaw.....all night in 8 minute rotations. Next day at 7am he confirmed what went wrong.

Both severe pain, but different types of pain.
greggsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2017, 08:47 AM   #45
JasH
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I have to make it till Monday at 2:30 and im dying with tooth pain lower jaw back teeth. I have Norco 10mg and its not helping even at 30 mg level. Ive tried warm salt water...helped for 15 mins and whiskey and water which helps for maybe 20-30 mins. I took a 1/2 a methadone and let it dissolve on tooth also.....nothing ......anybody have old wives, young wives or anything I could try till i get to dentist Monday.
OP, it could also be an infected impacted wisdom tooth. In which case anti-biotics will get rid of the pain after a few days. Your dentist will be able to deal with that.
JasH is offline   Reply With Quote