The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Jokes & Cartoons

Old 24 July 2014, 05:24 PM   #31
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

Steel...shit, I'm still only wearing stainless steel. Every time I think I'm gonna wake up with a platinum Daytona.

When I went home after my seeing my first Rolex it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing on my wrist. I hardly said a word to my AD until I said "yes" to a Submariner. When I wore the Sub, I wanted an Explorer; when I wore an Explorer all I could think about was putting the Sub back on.

I'm here a week now, waiting for a FedEx package. Every time I buy a Rolex, I get poorer, and every time the TRF trusted seller sends me a watch, he gets richer. Each time I wore my watch in the shower the case became a little more porous.
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2014, 09:01 PM   #32
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I love the smell of veraet in the morning...
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2014, 09:11 PM   #33
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a Rolex owner filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, an Omega's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a Rolex owner had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?

Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming muthaf-ing Rolex owner!
Old 24 July 2014, 10:26 PM   #34
14060m
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610 , 16233
Very funny
Old 24 July 2014, 10:26 PM   #35
14060m
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610 , 16233
Did I say funny??
Old 24 July 2014, 10:40 PM   #36
Sarko
"TRF" Member

You think TRF is your ally?
You merely adopted the Rolex,
I was born with it, molded by it.

I didn't see other brands unit I was already a man
By then it was nothing to me but blinding

The Rolex betray you..
becouse they belong to me
Sarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2014, 10:07 PM   #37
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Absolutely sensational

Well done and imaginative.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2014, 10:37 PM   #38
GMTMasterNJ
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing Rolexes. Hit it
GMTMasterNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2014, 12:35 AM   #39
RolexJNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTMasterNJ View Post
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing Rolexes. Hit it
Nice!
RolexJNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2014, 04:10 AM   #40
Slculve
"TRF" Member

Agree Nice one...
Slculve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2014, 09:36 AM   #41
Foneguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Blues bros. Classic ...NICE !!!
Member # 6132
Foneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2014, 10:49 AM   #42
Slculve
"TRF" Member

You must choose. But choose wisely, for as the true Rolex will bring you life, the fake Rolex will take it from you.

[after Donovan selects and puts onto his wrist a fake Rolex he perishes] He chose...poorly.

[after Indy selects a real Rolex - a rare vintage model on a leather band with day, month, and moon phase dial] You have chosen...wisely. But the Rolex cannot pass beyond the great seal. That is the boundary, and the price of being nicely classy.
Old 26 July 2014, 10:54 AM   #43
iazrollie
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
So darn funny!!!

From the godfather....Leave the breitling, take the rolexes!
Old 27 July 2014, 07:07 AM   #44
Slculve
"TRF" Member

I don't always wear a watch, but when I do it's a Rolex.
Old 27 July 2014, 09:02 AM   #45
AlTinkster92
"TRF" Member

I laughed so hard I sprayed coffee all over my screen!
AlTinkster92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2014, 10:03 AM   #46
Roll the Lex
"TRF" Member

I don't know what to say really.

Three minutes until the eBay listing closes on that Daytona, it all comes down to today. Either we pick the right seller today or we are going to crumble. Flip by flip. Watch by watch, till we're broke. We are in hell right now, gentlemen, believe me. And... we can flip your new two tone for a ND Sub because nobody liked your incoming or we can continue collecting what we like. We can climb out of hell. One watch, at a time.

Now I can't do it for you. I'm too old. I look around and I see these young collectors, and I think, I mean, I made every wrong choice a TRF man could make. I uh.... I pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I sold off the one grail that I truly loved. And lately, I can't even keep all my watches running.

You know when you get old in life, you begin to miss things that you used to have. I mean, that's, that's part of life. But, you only learn that when you start flipping stuff. You find out that life is just a chasing millimeters. So is watch collecting. Because in either game- life or watch collecting, the margin for error is so small. I mean, buying from this seller or that seller and you may get get what you wanted or not. One millimeter too big or small and it doesn't look right on you. The millimeters we need are everywhere around us. They are in every collection here, every minute, every second.

On this forum, we fight for that millimeter. On this forum, we save up every penny, and enable everyone around us daily for that millimeter. We stay up obsessing about that millimeter. Cause we know when we add up all those millimeters, that's going to make the f*&^ing difference... between a FLIPPER and KEEPER, between LIVING and DYING!

I'll tell you this, in any forum, it is the guy who buy what he likes, who is going to win that millimeter. And I know, if I am going to have any kind of collection it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that millimeter, because that is what LIVING is. The 40mm of stainless steel on your wrist!

Now I can't make you do it. You gotta give your opinion when a member is asking for help. Tell him you LOVE that Day-Date. Now I think you are going to see a member who will go that extra millimeter with you. You are going to see a member who will enable you to buy that 5th Rolex because he knows when it comes down to it, you are gonna do the same thing for him.

That's a forum, gentlemen and either we collect now, together, or we will just flip as individuals. That's watch collecting on TRF, guys. That's all it is.

Now, whattaya gonna do?
Roll the Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2014, 10:09 AM   #47
T01
"TRF" Member

Nice!
T01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2014, 11:07 AM   #48
samova
"TRF" Member

"Tara! Home. I'll go home. And I'll think of some way to get my rolex back. After all ... tomorrow is another GMT pepsi day."

gone with the wind.
samova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2014, 11:27 AM   #49
Slculve
"TRF" Member

King George VI: [Logue is wearing the coronation royal Rolex] Take it off! Y-you can't wear that! Take it off!
Lionel Logue: Why not? It's a watch.
King George VI: T-that... that is not "a watch", that is Saint Edward's Day-Date Solid Gold Rolex.
Lionel Logue: People have engraved their names on it's case.
King George: Y-y-you...
Lionel Logue: It's held in place by a worn leather band.
King George: Th-that is the l-leather of Scone you are t-trivializing...
Lionel Logue: I don't care how many royal arseholes have worn this watch.
King George VI: L-listen to me... listen to me!
Lionel Logue: Listen to you? By what right?
King George VI: By divine right, if you must. I am your king!
Lionel Logue: No, you're not. You just told me you didn't want it.
King George VI: L-listen to me...
Lionel Logue: Why should I waste my time listening to you?
King George VI: Because I have a right to be heard! I have a Rolex!
Lionel Logue: [pause] Yes, you do. [stands] You have such perseverance, Bertie. You're the bravest man I know. You'll make a bloody good king.
Old 27 July 2014, 11:49 AM   #50
elcompa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 118206
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTMasterNJ View Post
Love this one!
elcompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2014, 11:54 AM   #51
elcompa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 118206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll the Lex View Post
I don't know what to say really.

Three minutes until the eBay listing closes on that Daytona, it all comes down to today. Either we pick the right seller today or we are going to crumble. Flip by flip. Watch by watch, till we're broke. We are in hell right now, gentlemen, believe me. And... we can flip your new two tone for a ND Sub because nobody liked your incoming or we can continue collecting what we like. We can climb out of hell. One watch, at a time.

Now I can't do it for you. I'm too old. I look around and I see these young collectors, and I think, I mean, I made every wrong choice a TRF man could make. I uh.... I pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I sold off the one grail that I truly loved. And lately, I can't even keep all my watches running.

You know when you get old in life, you begin to miss things that you used to have. I mean, that's, that's part of life. But, you only learn that when you start flipping stuff. You find out that life is just a chasing millimeters. So is watch collecting. Because in either game- life or watch collecting, the margin for error is so small. I mean, buying from this seller or that seller and you may get get what you wanted or not. One millimeter too big or small and it doesn't look right on you. The millimeters we need are everywhere around us. They are in every collection here, every minute, every second.

On this forum, we fight for that millimeter. On this forum, we save up every penny, and enable everyone around us daily for that millimeter. We stay up obsessing about that millimeter. Cause we know when we add up all those millimeters, that's going to make the f*&^ing difference... between a FLIPPER and KEEPER, between LIVING and DYING!

I'll tell you this, in any forum, it is the guy who buy what he likes, who is going to win that millimeter. And I know, if I am going to have any kind of collection it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that millimeter, because that is what LIVING is. The 40mm of stainless steel on your wrist!

Now I can't make you do it. You gotta give your opinion when a member is asking for help. Tell him you LOVE that Day-Date. Now I think you are going to see a member who will go that extra millimeter with you. You are going to see a member who will enable you to buy that 5th Rolex because he knows when it comes down to it, you are gonna do the same thing for him.

That's a forum, gentlemen and either we collect now, together, or we will just flip as individuals. That's watch collecting on TRF, guys. That's all it is.

Now, whattaya gonna do?
One of my all time favourite motivational monologues.
elcompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2014, 03:56 PM   #52
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
IF there had been Rolex in the time of Henry V:

Westmoreland:
O that we now had here but one ten thousand of those Rolex watches that adorn the wrists of the men in England that do no work to-day!
Henry V:
What’s he that wishes so? My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin.
If we are marked to die, then Rolexes such as we have, we are enough, To do our country loss; and if to live, the fewer men and Rolex, the greater share of honour. God’s will! I pray thee, wish not one Rolex more. By Jove, I am not covetous for gold Day-Dates, nor care I who doth feed upon my cost; it yearns me not if men my Daytona wear; such outward things dwell not in my desires; but if it be a sin to covet more than one, I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not more watches from England. God’s peace! I would not lose so great an honour. As one watch more, methinks, would share from mine, for the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host, that he which hath no stomach to this fight, let he and his watch depart. His passport shall be made, but no Rolex crowns for convoy put onto his limp wrist. We would not die in that man’s company that fears his fellowship to die with us of TRF.
This day is call’d the feast of Crispian. He that outlives this day, and comes safe home, his Rolex on his wrist, will stand a tip-toe when this day is named, and rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age, will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours, and say, “To-morrow is Saint Crispian.” Then will he strip his sleeve and show his Rolex, and say, “This watch I had on Crispian’s day.”
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot, but he’ll remember with advantages what feats he did that day. Then shall the names, familiar in his mouth as household words, Lol-X, Grady Philpott, and Mon BK, Tools and Directioneng, Kilyung and Dan Pierce, and SteelerFan 65 be in their flowing cups freshly rememb’red.
This story shall the good man teach his son; and Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,from this day to the ending of the world, but we in it shall be remembered, we few, we happy few, we Oyster (and Jubilee) band of brothers.
For he to-day that wears his Rolex with me shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition; and gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here, and hold their watches cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2014, 07:44 PM   #53
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
IF there had been Rolex in the time of Henry V:

Westmoreland:
O that we now had here but one ten thousand of those Rolex watches that adorn the wrists of the men in England that do no work to-day!
Henry V:
What’s he that wishes so? My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin.
If we are marked to die, then Rolexes such as we have, we are enough, To do our country loss; and if to live, the fewer men and Rolex, the greater share of honour. God’s will! I pray thee, wish not one Rolex more. By Jove, I am not covetous for gold Day-Dates, nor care I who doth feed upon my cost; it yearns me not if men my Daytona wear; such outward things dwell not in my desires; but if it be a sin to covet more than one, I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not more watches from England. God’s peace! I would not lose so great an honour. As one watch more, methinks, would share from mine, for the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host, that he which hath no stomach to this fight, let he and his watch depart. His passport shall be made, but no Rolex crowns for convoy put onto his limp wrist. We would not die in that man’s company that fears his fellowship to die with us of TRF.
This day is call’d the feast of Crispian. He that outlives this day, and comes safe home, his Rolex on his wrist, will stand a tip-toe when this day is named, and rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age, will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours, and say, “To-morrow is Saint Crispian.” Then will he strip his sleeve and show his Rolex, and say, “This watch I had on Crispian’s day.”
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot, but he’ll remember with advantages what feats he did that day. Then shall the names, familiar in his mouth as household words, Lol-X, Grady Philpott, and Mon BK, Tools and Directioneng, Kilyung and Dan Pierce, and SteelerFan 65 be in their flowing cups freshly rememb’red.
This story shall the good man teach his son; and Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,from this day to the ending of the world, but we in it shall be remembered, we few, we happy few, we Oyster (and Jubilee) band of brothers.
For he to-day that wears his Rolex with me shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition; and gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here, and hold their watches cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
My fav peroration.
Old 28 July 2014, 02:27 AM   #54
Slculve
"TRF" Member

Just saw this. Evan Almighty...

God: Do you think if someone prays for patience, he gives them patience or the opportunity to have patience?

Do you think if someone asks for courage, he gives them courage or the opportunity to be courageous?

Do you think if someone asks for a Rolex, he gives them a Rolex? Or the opportunity to purchase a Rolex?
Old 28 July 2014, 02:54 AM   #55
Noblegeorge
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
What kind of man cannibalizes a defenseless Rolex
I've got a good mind to smash your fat face.
Listen up, you nauseating pile of blubber.
Your days are numbered at TRF. You and all your sick Chrono 24 buddies.
Meantime, your ass belongs to me.
Now, drop and give me 20.
Noblegeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2014, 05:50 AM   #56
pinkelle21
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex 116300
Son....you have a rolex on your head!
pinkelle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2014, 01:07 PM   #57
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

The BIG philosophical question

To buy, or not to buy - that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to steel one’s arms against a sea of troubles with many Rolex and by opposing end them?
To die, to sleep no more, and by a sleep to say we end the heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks that watches are an heir to, 'tis a consummation devoutly to be wish'd.
To die, to sleep, to sleep, perchance to dream - ay, there's the rub, for in that sleep of death what chronographs come to us in our dreams, when we have shuffled off this mortal coil. Must give us pause, there's the respect that makes calamity of so long life, for who would bear the whips and scorns of time, without a Rolex safe upon their wrist. The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely, the pangs of despised love, the law's delay, the insolence of office and the spurns that patient merit of the unworthy takes, when he himself might his quietus make with a Submariner, a Daytona or a worthy Date-Just?
Who would fardels bear, to grunt and sweat under a life weary with inferior watches, but that the dread of something after death, the undiscover'd country from whose bourn no traveller returns, puzzles the will and makes us rather wear the watch we have than fly to Trusted Sellers that we not yet know?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all and thus the native hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought, and watch-purchasing enterprises of great pith and moment with this regard their currents turn awry, and lose the name of action.
Soft you now! And gentle on the wrist, the fair Oyster-banded GMT and bright Explorer! Nymphs, in thy orisons be all my sins remember'd.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Old 29 July 2014, 12:51 PM   #58
Noblegeorge
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
The BIG philosophical question

To buy, or not to buy - that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to steel one’s arms against a sea of troubles with many Rolex and by opposing end them?
To die, to sleep no more, and by a sleep to say we end the heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks that watches are an heir to, 'tis a consummation devoutly to be wish'd.
To die, to sleep, to sleep, perchance to dream - ay, there's the rub, for in that sleep of death what chronographs come to us in our dreams, when we have shuffled off this mortal coil. Must give us pause, there's the respect that makes calamity of so long life, for who would bear the whips and scorns of time, without a Rolex safe upon their wrist. The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely, the pangs of despised love, the law's delay, the insolence of office and the spurns that patient merit of the unworthy takes, when he himself might his quietus make with a Submariner, a Daytona or a worthy Date-Just?
Who would fardels bear, to grunt and sweat under a life weary with inferior watches, but that the dread of something after death, the undiscover'd country from whose bourn no traveller returns, puzzles the will and makes us rather wear the watch we have than fly to Trusted Sellers that we not yet know?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all and thus the native hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought, and watch-purchasing enterprises of great pith and moment with this regard their currents turn awry, and lose the name of action.
Soft you now! And gentle on the wrist, the fair Oyster-banded GMT and bright Explorer! Nymphs, in thy orisons be all my sins remember'd.
Well done.
Noblegeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2014, 01:16 PM   #59
Neunundneunzig

That was great!
Neunundneunzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2014, 05:48 PM   #60
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Thank you.

Some great scripts so far. Must be many more. Come on guys, lets hear your favourites.