The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 21 September 2016, 10:49 AM   #181
offrdmania
2024 Pledge Member

They flip watches for profit. He has 3 listed because it is a very common entry level watch and he is being lazy taking pictures of all 3. They are all the same. Maybe a few different little dings but nothing that would jump out im sure. They most likely do a basic polish and refurb/cleaning to the watch before selling it so that it is presentable. Do your homework, price seems a bit high to me but I havent researched what that exact model sells for retail. If all else fails you have ebay on your side and you could always return the watch for a refund if you arent satisfied on your dime. If it is listed incorrectly then beckertime would have to pay return shipping.
Old 21 September 2016, 11:00 AM   #182
Louis de Funes
"TRF" Member

Watch: my 1st Rolex
thanks for pointing that out to me I did not even notice this

much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jracing View Post
"Rolex is under no obligation to warranty-service watches sold by Beckertime through its service locations" is at the very bottom of the watch write-up in the link you supplied.

I can understand the warranty portion but not the service portion - good luck
Louis de Funes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2016, 11:02 AM   #183
Louis de Funes
"TRF" Member

thanks for the feedback

I just needed to hear a few people on this subject and it pretty clear that I will stay away from them.

better safe than sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
They flip watches for profit. He has 3 listed because it is a very common entry level watch and he is being lazy taking pictures of all 3. They are all the same. Maybe a few different little dings but nothing that would jump out im sure. They most likely do a basic polish and refurb/cleaning to the watch before selling it so that it is presentable. Do your homework, price seems a bit high to me but I havent researched what that exact model sells for retail. If all else fails you have ebay on your side and you could always return the watch for a refund if you arent satisfied on your dime. If it is listed incorrectly then beckertime would have to pay return shipping.
Old 21 September 2016, 11:11 AM   #184
xjeeunitx
2024 Pledge Member

Beckertime is known to swap parts out from numerous watches. Just look at all of the watches without papers...
xjeeunitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2016, 01:00 PM   #185
Louis de Funes
"TRF" Member

they even use that as a selling point

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjeeunitx View Post
Beckertime is known to swap parts out from numerous watches. Just look at all of the watches without papers...
Old 31 December 2016, 05:07 AM   #186
Vapechic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1@160@alltimes View Post
Next time give the seller the opportunity to respond and rectify the situation before blasting them.
I agree..
Vapechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2016, 05:14 AM   #187
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapechic View Post
I agree..
Out of all the threads on the forum you picked this one for your first post?
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2016, 05:20 AM   #188
ryansoulsit
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Out of all the threads on the forum you picked this one for your first post?
Old 31 December 2016, 06:40 AM   #189
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Well he just bumped and old thread back to top for all to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 31 December 2016, 06:50 AM   #190
Porschepusher83
"TRF" Member

This is my first post and I rolled my eyes at that lol . Becker has always been stand up far as I know

Porschepusher83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2016, 10:12 AM   #191
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116613LN Sub
I have to look at the irony in this thread. Beckertime has been around for quite some time. They are simply a gray market reseller. As has been mentioned in this thread, as such, once they verify that the watch is a genuine Rolex, it is not their obligation to do a total disassembly to ascertain that each and every screw, spring, jewel, etc is Rolex. Any more than it would be my obligation if I bought a genuine Rolex, wore it and then sold it as do any number of our forum members for whatever reason. Becker is pretty damn descriptive in their listings. I'm starting to wonder if some of the buyers are so star gazed that they are not reading the descriptions in full or worse, asking questions. Becker does list their contact phone number along with hours of operation in each and every listing. http://stores.ebay.com/Beckertime?_t...p2047675.l2563
Old 1 January 2017, 05:34 AM   #192
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

With 20,781 transactions thus far it seems like there is a niche there they are fulfilling...

Last edited by jvmartin; 1 January 2017 at 05:34 AM.. Reason: wrong word
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2017, 12:17 PM   #193
Porschepusher83
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmartin View Post
With 20,781 transactions thus far it seems like there is a niche there they are fulfilling...

My feelings exactly buddy

Porschepusher83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2017, 10:28 PM   #194
Watchcollectables
"TRF" Member

I was looking through their stock and I found a few questionable items like this Datejust with a claimed original refinished dial . I do not feel this is an original dial as the coronet at 12 is firstly in the wrong position and secondly a badly stamped copy. Why would a dial refinisher swap out an original Coronet , replace it with a copy and then redrill the dial to fit it when the dial has holes already that the small pins on the back of the Coronet slot into ! Maybe it's just been stuck on but it certainly isn't right . I was looking at some of the Sub and Day-Date dials that are similar that don't even fit properly .
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201613676577
Watchcollectables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2017, 12:53 AM   #195
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Here in the states when a factory dial is refinished the original components are removed and discarded. The replacement coronet is glued to the dial surface as are the mountings for the diamonds unlike a factory produced dial with said accoutrements which as you mentioned are pinned via the mounting holes. It is done as such for legal reasons. If the company doing the refinishing were to copy exactly as it were done by Rolex, they could be charged with counterfeiting.
Old 7 January 2017, 06:49 AM   #196
Watchcollectables
"TRF" Member

Yes but it's advertised as an original refinished dial . I'm sorry but I am unable to grasp your argument. If you are removing acutrements as you say and re printing the trademark ' Rolex ' on the dial and adding an aftermarket Coronet how does that change the argument . Surely by keeping the originals you have a more original dial and therefore the counterfeit argument is negated .
I have seen hundreds of copy dials and good refinished I shed ones and the majority out there tend to be 100% copies .
I would also argue that purposefully making coronets to put on dials is far worse than using the original !
Old 7 January 2017, 08:33 AM   #197
daveo5
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M COSC
Purchased a Rolex OQ , model 17014 some months ago. My first time buying from Beckertime. No complaints. As an aside. Rolex Oyster Quartz are not counterfeited because of the complexity.
daveo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2017, 08:58 AM   #198
Watchcollectables
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveo5 View Post
Purchased a Rolex OQ , model 17014 some months ago. My first time buying from Beckertime. No complaints. As an aside. Rolex Oyster Quartz are not counterfeited because of the complexity.
It's more down to popularity .
Old 7 January 2017, 12:21 PM   #199
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchcollectables View Post
Yes but it's advertised as an original refinished dial . I'm sorry but I am unable to grasp your argument. If you are removing acutrements as you say and re printing the trademark ' Rolex ' on the dial and adding an aftermarket Coronet how does that change the argument . Surely by keeping the originals you have a more original dial and therefore the counterfeit argument is negated .
I have seen hundreds of copy dials and good refinished I shed ones and the majority out there tend to be 100% copies .
I would also argue that purposefully making coronets to put on dials is far worse than using the original !
They did not lie. The original dial was refinished at some point by a prior owner. That owner chose to go that route rather than purchase a new dial directly from Rolex. I will have to do the same if I want a Serti style dial for my 116613LN as they are no longer produced by Rolex. Will not be the first time it's been done and it won't be the last. In fact, the remanufactured dials are all over eBay.
Old 7 January 2017, 01:31 PM   #200
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTX View Post
They did not lie. The original dial was refinished at some point by a prior owner. That owner chose to go that route rather than purchase a new dial directly from Rolex. I will have to do the same if I want a Serti style dial for my 116613LN as they are no longer produced by Rolex. Will not be the first time it's been done and it won't be the last. In fact, the remanufactured dials are all over eBay.
What are you two arguing about? The dial is reconditioned, which means it's not original, but the seller tells you it's a recon in the description. The methods and techniques used to produce the recon dial are wholly irrelevant to this sale. The only way to make it relevant is to claim that one recon technique is more valuable than another, which is not the case here.

The buyer has been made aware that they aren't getting a factory original dial by the sellers use of the verbiage "custom refinished dial". Outside WISdom, most folks only care about how it looks, not whether it came from the factory looking that way. Those people are Becker Time's market, not long time WIS.

Buyers need to read Becker Time descriptions carefully. They replace a lot of components with aftermarket parts. But, they name the parts in the text of the description. I don't see how Becker Time can be inferred to be any less honest than Bamford or any other watch customizer.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2017, 01:35 PM   #201
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
What are you two arguing about? The dial is reconditioned, which means it's not original, but the seller tells you it's a recon in the description. The methods and techniques used to produce the recon dial are wholly irrelevant to this sale. The only way to make it relevant is to claim that one recon technique is more valuable than another, which is not the case here.

The buyer has been made aware that they aren't getting a factory original dial by the sellers use of the verbiage "custom refinished dial". Outside WISdom, most folks only care about how it looks, not whether it came from the factory looking that way. Those people are Becker Time's market, not long time WIS.

Buyers need to read Becker Time descriptions carefully. They replace a lot of components with aftermarket parts. But, they name the parts in the text of the description. I don't see how Becker Time can be inferred to be any less honest than Bamford or any other watch customizer.
That's kind of what I was trying to say. A reconditioned dial is simply that.
Old 7 January 2017, 08:56 PM   #202
Watchcollectables
"TRF" Member

You really have missed my point !
Old 7 January 2017, 11:13 PM   #203
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
You really have missed my point !
Refinishing dials is like reconditioning engine blocks. They strip everything off the carcass down to bare metal, then reapply color and the new bits. As long as the carcass is an original part, it's an "original refinished dial". The "refinished" verbiage tells you it's not factory.

Whether they met Rolex quality standards in the process varies wildly. But that doesn't make it dishonest. It just makes it easier to pay less for the watch.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2017, 11:19 PM   #204
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Refinishing dials is like reconditioning engine blocks. They strip everything off the carcass down to bare metal, then reapply color and the new bits. As long as the carcass is an original part, it's an "original refinished dial". The "refinished" verbiage tells you it's not factory.

Whether they met Rolex quality standards in the process varies wildly. But that doesn't make it dishonest. It just makes it easier to pay less for the watch.
Well stated. You said it better than I. Thank you
Old 8 January 2017, 12:25 AM   #205
Danny83
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Beckertime sold me a fake twice.....
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2017, 12:36 AM   #206
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
Beckertime sold me a fake twice.....
Not saying they didn't. However, can you backup your statement with hard copy documentation ?
Old 8 January 2017, 12:42 AM   #207
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Not saying they didn't. However, can you backup your statement with hard copy documentation ?
Do you work for Beckertime?
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2017, 12:49 AM   #208
Danny83
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Quote:
It happened in 2012 with a datejust completely fake, after I called him he exchanged me for a 11613lb that had an aftermarket bracelet. Dont have a way to prove it I still have the box that the POS came in though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9780.jpg (71.2 KB, 212 views)
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2017, 12:54 AM   #209
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
Do you work for Beckertime?
No. I drive a commercial rig locally. I am simply concerned over such a broad statement. It is sop to be able to back up one's post with documentation when asked. Or, in the initial post. That is why I asked.
Old 8 January 2017, 12:58 AM   #210
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
It happened in 2012 with a datejust completely fake, after I called him he exchanged me for a 11613lb that had an aftermarket bracelet. Dont have a way to prove it I still have the box that the POS came in though
Sucks that that happened. I guess that is one of the many reasons I've stuck with our forum sellers. I've never once had an issue.