The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Jokes & Cartoons

Old 29 August 2015, 08:08 AM   #1
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Icon4 UK road rage

This is literally one of the funniest vids I've ever seen.

Whether you're on the side of the cyclist or driver, the ending gets funnier every time I see it.

(WARNING very bad language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BrWuJWE104
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2015, 08:30 AM   #2
teqp
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN

Looks like he was wearing driving shoes instead of his running shoes!
teqp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2015, 06:38 PM   #3
Callummcs
"TRF" Member

Hahaha fantastic!!!

It's blatantly obvious that the driver of the car is a complete and utter moron but there is also no need for the cyclist to be travelling down the middle of the road. It annoys me that cyclists think they own the roads. You have to move with traffic flow and if it is possible let bigger and faster cars past you so you are not holding up everyone.

Cyclist is right to challenge him to an extent but no requirement for him to antagonise him. Should have told him he was too close and to watch his spacing next time and then moved on.
Old 29 August 2015, 06:50 PM   #4
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Cyclist was not injured, and the car wasn't really that close- he acted like a diva.

The knothead driver though was over the top. Too funny.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2015, 07:01 PM   #5
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Unfortunately, I laughed my head off at the end.

Thing is, in the UK there are way too many cyclists that think they own the road. They take up half of the road, they undercut up the inside of motor vehicles, shoot red lights, yada yada ya. Fat boy made a very good observation too in that our cameraman didn't have insurance; cyclists seldom do.

I was given some very good advice about road rage by a friend a few months back: In twenty seconds time, they'll be out of your life for good, so ignore them and let them go. With that in mind, the cyclist was a total fool. He chased after the car driver and openly sought confrontation, which he clearly wasn't equipped to deal with. Why else did he pedal away like a little girl when he realised he'd rattled fat boy's cage just that little bit too hard?

Thing is, you never know who you're provoking when you start mouthing off at someone behind the wheel. What if fat boy was an MMA fighter? What if he was a body-builder jacked up on steroids? What if he had a weapon? If fat boy spent as much time in the gym as he seems to spend in the pub, he might well have caught the cyclist (and he almost did!) and then what would have happened? Like I said, the cyclist was a complete fool and he was lucky not to have gotten himself hurt.

As for fat boy, well, mouth like a toilet and manners of a goat. Outstanding forward roll at the end though.

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2015, 08:01 PM   #6
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
Cyclist was looking for trouble. That was why he had the camera.
Common sense suggests that if you are riding a bicycle you need to do your very best to keep out of the way of motor vehicles.
You can stand on your principles but there is a very good chance you will end up under a lorry.
I rode a bicycle to work for a year to test the water and decided it was way too dangerous on busy roads, and that the cyclists who insisted on being treated like vehicles were just asking for trouble.
Are your "rights" that important to you that you are willing to spend the rest of your life in a wheelchair to assert them? Not for me.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2015, 11:35 PM   #7
Globule
"TRF" Member

Watch: out for snakes.
Deleted
Old 29 August 2015, 11:39 PM   #8
Globule
"TRF" Member

Watch: out for snakes.
For Info:

https://youtu.be/lJHXzt7TC2k
Old 30 August 2015, 01:27 AM   #9
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globule View Post
I would like to see the driver in the first video present one of these instructional videos. That would be gold.

Actually this cycle video was very interesting.
Old 30 August 2015, 01:30 AM   #10
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Van Driver View Post
Unfortunately, I laughed my head off at the end.

Thing is, in the UK there are way too many cyclists that think they own the road. They take up half of the road, they undercut up the inside of motor vehicles, shoot red lights, yada yada ya. Fat boy made a very good observation too in that our cameraman didn't have insurance; cyclists seldom do.

I was given some very good advice about road rage by a friend a few months back: In twenty seconds time, they'll be out of your life for good, so ignore them and let them go. With that in mind, the cyclist was a total fool. He chased after the car driver and openly sought confrontation, which he clearly wasn't equipped to deal with. Why else did he pedal away like a little girl when he realised he'd rattled fat boy's cage just that little bit too hard?

Thing is, you never know who you're provoking when you start mouthing off at someone behind the wheel. What if fat boy was an MMA fighter? What if he was a body-builder jacked up on steroids? What if he had a weapon? If fat boy spent as much time in the gym as he seems to spend in the pub, he might well have caught the cyclist (and he almost did!) and then what would have happened? Like I said, the cyclist was a complete fool and he was lucky not to have gotten himself hurt.

As for fat boy, well, mouth like a toilet and manners of a goat. Outstanding forward roll at the end though.
Old 30 August 2015, 01:37 AM   #11
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
The bike rider was an ass and totally looking for drama under the guise of his rights . He's lucky.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2015, 01:40 AM   #12
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
the driver knew he was wrong the entire time from passing to attempting to park then speeding away and all the excess aggression toward the cyclist.

the cyclist went too far in seeking to confront the driver, although the driver did all of the escalating imho

as always, it takes two.
the driver well could have killed someone passing them so quickly on a tight rode, the cyclist could well could have gotten himself seriously hurt chasing and confronting a motorist like that.

side note:
Olympic roll priceless
Old 30 August 2015, 01:49 AM   #13
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
the driver knew he was wrong the entire time from passing to attempting to park then speeding away and all the excess aggression toward the cyclist.

the cyclist went too far in seeking to confront the driver, although the driver did all of the escalating imho

as always, it takes two.
the driver well could have killed someone passing them so quickly on a tight rode, the cyclist could well could have gotten himself seriously hurt chasing and confronting a motorist like that.

side note:
Olympic roll priceless
Yep, takes two. Complete clash of personalities. No one likes a militant, whiney, 'I'm gonna report you' type.
Old 30 August 2015, 01:51 AM   #14
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
The two twits deserved each other.
Old 30 August 2015, 12:39 PM   #15
polarinda
"TRF" Member

Watch: it
Driver 1 cyclist coward.
polarinda is offline   Reply With Quote