The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 April 2024, 04:16 PM   #31
John Doyle
"TRF" Member

I absolutely don't see the point - not enough watches for everyone, it's not their fault. They are free to chose who they sell to.
John Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 04:23 PM   #32
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ UTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
One of them, Stephanides Luxury Nicosia, was so keen to get me back on the street it was a bit comical A friend who lives in Cyprus tells me they treat their local regulars like Royalty, I can't remember the other one, it wasn't important.
Love that place it's where I picked up my Hulk!
vipereaper30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 09:35 PM   #33
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Forever View Post
My experience with the Singapore Raffles Hour Glass Boutique has been stellar, same SA since 1997.

SG is an INCREDIBLE country, love it! Yes, the dealers there are wonderful, and very professional.

Quote:
My experience with the 3 Rolex ADs in Orange County California has been abysmal. -Zero success since 2022. I no longer consider giving them my business.
No surprise there. Very glad you enjoy time in SG, it's a much safer and far more diverse place to be.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 09:36 PM   #34
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Two wrongs don’t make a right. Let it be.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 09:39 PM   #35
BraveBold
"TRF" Member

Bide your time. Opportunities will improve very soon. Not for SS Daytonas, perhaps not even for BLROs, but the rest… all signs indicate this will be a more fruitful summer for those who are patient.

Of course those who were impatient in the hopes of flipping for profit… they are likely out of luck (at least relative to effort). But I doubt that’s the majority here.

This would therefore be a less than opportune time to air grievances - real or imagined.
BraveBold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2024, 06:34 PM   #36
Rp121
"TRF" Member

I was in Goldsmiths in Merry Hill, Dudley, UK recently to check in on my request for a Starbucks. I was quickly asked if I had any purchase history (none) and then swiftly told there was zero chance of me ever getting one from them. Apparently there are 300 people registered for the watch and they only get 6 or 7 a year. The guy couldn’t even be bothered to get up out of his chair, let alone check the database, which I thought was quite a shoddy way to treat a customer. There was nobody else in the store!

Not sure who these 300 people are. Having lived in this area all my life this AD is situated in a location which is surrounded by quite a bit of deprivation. All quite disheartening in all honesty.
Rp121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 01:14 AM   #37
WatchGuy1966
"TRF" Member

Most of the complaints aren't really complaints - most are one-sided stories that have theme of "why can't I just buy what I want"

It's the nature of veblen goods.

Don't blame the dealer, blame the hype market.
WatchGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 01:47 AM   #38
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
I personally have never been mistreated by an AD.

But once I mentioned an experience I had with a sales representative. He didn't know basic facts about a specific watch. Perhaps he was new. But he didn't mistreat me.

And I never mentioned his name or the AD. I just pointed out that I was dealing with a sales representative who didn't know the dimensions of a specific watch.
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 01:53 AM   #39
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610lnBBetaBBhar
All rolex ads in my area are a complete discrace and should be boycotted lol
Luap1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 02:11 AM   #40
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
OC Tanner in SLC and Park City Utah is full of kind, respectful, and watch loving sales advisors.

I'm a upper middle class "reg", and they treat me like a million dollars. Got my BLNR from them as a first Rolex with only a tiny spend history on a ring for my wife (That I was going to buy anyway).
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 06:28 AM   #41
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Grand Seiko
I could never be an AD…what a thankless job. Anyone who thinks that they enjoy turning back paying customers are woefully misinformed. Fact is, they have to come up with some kind of equitable solution for many people wanting very limited stock. Of course they will lean to customers who support their business in other ways. That’s called business acumen. Many, if not most, Rolex AD’s are jewellery stores who happen to sell Rolex. This is a symbiotic relationship, as Rolex doesn’t allocate enough pieces for the store to survive on its Rolex sales alone. Secondary jewelry sales from people who would like a Rolex are part and parcel and very necessary for this relationship to continue. Rolex has put massive financial requirements on these stores to continue selling Rolex products. On one hand, Rolex buyers bitch about ADs “playing the game” and then complain as ADs lose their Rolex privileges.
I’m not saying everyone has the money to support ADs for other secondary purchases but I for one will try to help them out on non-Rolex products, until such time that Rolex gives them enough inventory that they can pay their overhead and stay in business as jewellers and Rolex ADs.
If Rolex wants Rolex-only shops, then quit screwing with independent ADs.
But for God’s sake, quit blaming the ADs.
Sorry…just IMHO
Old 23 April 2024, 06:38 AM   #42
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipereaper30 View Post
Love that place it's where I picked up my Hulk!
I'm willing to bet that was pre 2018.
Harry-57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 06:39 AM   #43
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambo View Post
I could never be an AD…what a thankless job. Anyone who thinks that they enjoy turning back paying customers are woefully misinformed. Fact is, they have to come up with some kind of equitable solution for many people wanting very limited stock. Of course they will lean to customers who support their business in other ways. That’s called business acumen. Many, if not most, Rolex AD’s are jewellery stores who happen to sell Rolex. This is a symbiotic relationship, as Rolex doesn’t allocate enough pieces for the store to survive on its Rolex sales alone. Secondary jewelry sales from people who would like a Rolex are part and parcel and very necessary for this relationship to continue. Rolex has put massive financial requirements on these stores to continue selling Rolex products. On one hand, Rolex buyers bitch about ADs “playing the game” and then complain as ADs lose their Rolex privileges.
I’m not saying everyone has the money to support ADs for other secondary purchases but I for one will try to help them out on non-Rolex products, until such time that Rolex gives them enough inventory that they can pay their overhead and stay in business as jewellers and Rolex ADs.
If Rolex wants Rolex-only shops, then quit screwing with independent ADs.
But for God’s sake, quit blaming the ADs.
Sorry…just IMHO
Don’t be sorry, well said.
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2024, 01:10 PM   #44
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thughes View Post
To what end, really? I'm not sure, but I would bet some of these AD's keep an eye on forums.
There's more demand than there is supply, they can't hangers that even if they wanted to.
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote