The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 5 October 2016, 01:17 AM   #1
Smdevore31
"TRF" Member

Scammed and looking for help/advice

Hello TRF Members,

I'm new to the forums but have been admiring for a long time until recently joining. I've recently had a bad experience with someone who's a Pledge member here and looking for any help and advice you can provide.

The member's name is "seik" and name is John Goff (supposedly). I emailed him about a post he had to sell a "MINT ROLEX 116710 BLNR GMT Master II Ceramic “Batman” Random Serial GMT Master II"
Link to the post shown here:
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...errerid=169135

He was very communicative throughout the process up until I wired the money, and then provided a multitude of excuses on why shipping was delayed, up until claiming to be in the hospital on Saturday 9/24. During that last exchange, he said again he'd be shipping first thing Monday morning 9/27. Since that time, he's gone radio silent and not responded to my ongoing requests for updates. Even though he wouldn't respond to me, he'd continue to "bump" his sales thread. After he did that for the 3rd time since we made the agreement, I demanded my money back and told him that I'd be doing a recall of the wire transfer. This was done last Thursday 9/29. Since that time, he again posted a "bump" to his sales thread last night. The entire email exchange is shown below.

Needless to say, this whole ordeal has me pretty distraught. While he didn't have a ton of history here, I couldn't find anything suspect and made in hindsight, what looks to be a bad judgment call that's potentially going to be a very expensive lesson learned.

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 7:07 PM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
Saw your post today on The Rolex Forums. Would you accept $XXX for the 116710 BLNR GMT Master II "Batman"? Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Steve

On Sep 19, 2016, at 7:18 PM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Steve,
Thanks for contacting me,
lets deal $XXX including FedEx priority overnight.

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 7:44 PM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok sounds good. Do you take Paypal?
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 19, 2016, at 7:45 PM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Wire transfer would be most convenient for me
Where are you located?
On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 8:15 PM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm located in MD
I can do a wire, but you'd need to coach me thru it,as I've never done it for something like this and not sure of the process
Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 19, 2016, at 8:22 PM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
I will be providing you with complete wire info,
You will have to get it done at the bank.
Let me know when you can get it done, I will be putting the watch on hold for you.
Forward me your shipping details
Thanks again
On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 8:52 PM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi John,
I'll be going to the bank tomorrow. I deposited some money today that will clear then. My address is:
Thanks a lot
Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 19, 2016, at 9:01 PM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Here you go buddy
Wire instructions
Bank: Wells Fargo
Account #
Routing #
Name on account: Sophia Goff
Account type:Savings
Bank Address: Address: 200 W 7th St, Hanford, CA 93230
Please keep me posted with payment receipt once payment is made.
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 7:14 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning John,
The deposit has cleared so funds are available and I'll be doing the wire shortly. I'll confirm when it's done. With this, are you able to ship today so that it's delivered to me tomorrow?
On Sep 20, 2016, at 8:19 AM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Sure,
Once payment is made before FedEx cutoff, I will ship today for tomorrow delivery
Let me know when payment is made
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Can you verify the routing number? I'm at the bank now and they're not showing this bank come up
Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 20, 2016, at 9:36 AM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Use this
On Sep 20, 2016, at 9:46 AM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Let me know when you are done with the wire, if it give you issues let me provide you with my secretaries details
Thanks
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Funds have been sent and should show up shortly
Thanks again for everything
Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 20, 2016, at 9:49 AM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Great
Can you send me a copy of payment slip for documentation
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Here it is
Sent from my iPhone
On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning John,
It looks like the wire cleared and funds have been transferred to your account as of this morning. I won't be home to sign for a Fed Ex delivery tomorrow or Friday, so can you ship to a nearby Fed Ex location that I can go and pick it up? The closest one to me is located at:
FedEx Office Print & Ship Center
10400 Little Patuxent Pkwy
Columbia, MD 21044
(410) 964-9891
Can you please confirm you've received the funds and provide tracking information once you ship? Thanks and have a great day.
Steve DeVore
On Sep 21, 2016, at 8:35 AM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Sure I did get the funds.
I will do as you said,
I will keep you posted with tracking info.
Thanks again
On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning John,
Will you be shipping today? Sorry to pester, just a little anxious as I haven't gone this route before. Thanks
Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 22, 2016, at 8:15 AM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
I fully understand, my bad I haven't shipped yet
Planning on shipping on my way to the office this morning
It's still very early here
As soon as I do that I will update you
Thanks for your understanding
Goff
On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 7:16 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Assuming you weren't able to ship yesterday, so can you today?
Sent from my iPhone
On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning John,
I know it's still early there in CA, but can you please provide an update today? Will you be shipping today? It's been 2 days since I've heard from you and I'm growing concerned. Thanks
On Sep 24, 2016, at 12:44 PM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning steve,
hope you are doing good?
i'm really sorry for the delay in shipment.. i have been having little health issues... i thought i will able before now but i have been in the hospital since.
i have instructed my secretary to have the watch shipped FedEx overnight on Monday as it won't be possible today. the shipment would be done first thing monday morning for tuesday deliver.
please advice which of the two addresses would be more convenient for you for Tuesday delivery.
Thanks
On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm terribly sorry to hear you're not well and in the hospital. I didn't know so I'm sorry to have followed up like I did. I was getting nervous after sending a large amount of money and not knowing what was happening. I guess my mind went to a crazy place given all the horrible stories you hear.
Please still have it sent to the Fed Ex location in Columbia, MD. Can you have your secretary provide confirmation? Thanks and I hope you feel better soon.
Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 24, 2016, at 6:51 PM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
i will send you the tracking as soon as she ships it out on monday.
Thanks again
On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 8:21 PM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi John,
Hope you're feeling better. Did she ship today?
Sent from my iPhone
On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi John,
Can you provide an update please? You said this would be shipped first thing Monday with a delivery of today, yet I haven't heard anything.
On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 6:01 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Below is a message that I just sent to you as a private message on The Rolex Forums. This is based on you've again posted "bump" on the sales thread for the watch I've already sent you money for. This is incredibly troubling to me and not sure how or why you're posting there but not responding to my requests for updates to commitments you've made repeatedly. I need to hear from you today one way or the other. At this point, we need to finalize this whole ordeal by you sending me what I've paid for, or giving me my money back right away. I've run out of patience and not sure I can give the benefit of the doubt anymore. You were extremely communicative upfront and now that's not the case. While you didn't have a ton of history on the forum, you are a Pledge member and had a number of posts so I thought with all of this you seemed as a stand-up person. I'm highly doubting that given the pattern over the past week. If you are truly in the hospital, that's bad but not sure why you'd be posting there about bumping this watch and not concluding our deal. Please get back to me today or I'll need to elevate this further thru the banks and on the forum.

How is it that you're posting to "bump" this thread again when you've already received money from me for this very watch? In fact, you've posted bump here 3 times since you and I supposedly made this deal and I've sent you money for this. This is pretty suspect and I need to hear from you today, Wednesday 9/28. I've sent you 2 messages over the past 2 days that you've not responded to. This after we communicated twice on Saturday with you saying you'd have your secretary ship first thing Monday morning and you'd provide an update with tracking.
On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 10:14 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Unfortunately, after my repeated attempts to get an update from you since you last communicated with me on Saturday, again confirming a shipment of the watch was going to happen, I still haven't heard from you now 4 days later. I am quite disappointed and see no other alternative but to process a redraw of funds from the wire I sent you last week. I spoke with the bank last night and will be processing this today. I know that they will contact Wells Fargo who will then contact you; please do the right thing and refund my money back to me. This whole ordeal has been pretty stressful as I don't have this type of money to lose. I never envisioned this ordeal playing out like this and just want it to be over
Old 5 October 2016, 04:49 AM   #2
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
You should report this to a moderator
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 5 October 2016, 04:52 AM   #3
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Terrible.

For the safety moving forward, I have removed the thread and placed a ban on the sellers account.
Perhaps the account has been hacked, or the user was intentionally trying to scam from the beginning.. Either way, you need to file on online fraudulent case immmediately, and notify your bank, although most likely you will not recover your money being that a wire was done.. Some other members in your jurisdiction may be able to best advise on the direction to take as I'm not familiar with the process in your country.

To that end, and although this will not help with your money, always search out an established seller when you are dealing with large sums...as the risk is far to high.

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
Old 5 October 2016, 05:05 AM   #4
juniorlawrence
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smdevore31 View Post
Hello TRF Members,

I'm new to the forums but have been admiring for a long time until recently joining. I've recently had a bad experience with someone who's a Pledge member here and looking for any help and advice you can provide.

The member's name is "seik" and name is John Goff (supposedly). I emailed him about a post he had to sell a "MINT ROLEX 116710 BLNR GMT Master II Ceramic “Batman” Random Serial GMT Master II"
Link to the post shown here:
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...errerid=169135

He was very communicative throughout the process up until I wired the money, and then provided a multitude of excuses on why shipping was delayed, up until claiming to be in the hospital on Saturday 9/24. During that last exchange, he said again he'd be shipping first thing Monday morning 9/27. Since that time, he's gone radio silent and not responded to my ongoing requests for updates. Even though he wouldn't respond to me, he'd continue to "bump" his sales thread. After he did that for the 3rd time since we made the agreement, I demanded my money back and told him that I'd be doing a recall of the wire transfer. This was done last Thursday 9/29. Since that time, he again posted a "bump" to his sales thread last night. The entire email exchange is shown below.

Needless to say, this whole ordeal has me pretty distraught. While he didn't have a ton of history here, I couldn't find anything suspect and made in hindsight, what looks to be a bad judgment call that's potentially going to be a very expensive lesson learned.

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 7:07 PM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
Saw your post today on The Rolex Forums. Would you accept $XXX for the 116710 BLNR GMT Master II "Batman"? Thanks in advance for your consideration.
Steve

On Sep 19, 2016, at 7:18 PM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Steve,
Thanks for contacting me,
lets deal $XXX including FedEx priority overnight.

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 7:44 PM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok sounds good. Do you take Paypal?
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 19, 2016, at 7:45 PM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Wire transfer would be most convenient for me
Where are you located?
On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 8:15 PM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm located in MD
I can do a wire, but you'd need to coach me thru it,as I've never done it for something like this and not sure of the process
Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 19, 2016, at 8:22 PM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
I will be providing you with complete wire info,
You will have to get it done at the bank.
Let me know when you can get it done, I will be putting the watch on hold for you.
Forward me your shipping details
Thanks again
On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 8:52 PM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi John,
I'll be going to the bank tomorrow. I deposited some money today that will clear then. My address is:
Thanks a lot
Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 19, 2016, at 9:01 PM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Here you go buddy
Wire instructions
Bank: Wells Fargo
Account #
Routing #
Name on account: Sophia Goff
Account type:Savings
Bank Address: Address: 200 W 7th St, Hanford, CA 93230
Please keep me posted with payment receipt once payment is made.
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 7:14 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning John,
The deposit has cleared so funds are available and I'll be doing the wire shortly. I'll confirm when it's done. With this, are you able to ship today so that it's delivered to me tomorrow?
On Sep 20, 2016, at 8:19 AM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Sure,
Once payment is made before FedEx cutoff, I will ship today for tomorrow delivery
Let me know when payment is made
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Can you verify the routing number? I'm at the bank now and they're not showing this bank come up
Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 20, 2016, at 9:36 AM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Use this
On Sep 20, 2016, at 9:46 AM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Let me know when you are done with the wire, if it give you issues let me provide you with my secretaries details
Thanks
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Funds have been sent and should show up shortly
Thanks again for everything
Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 20, 2016, at 9:49 AM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Great
Can you send me a copy of payment slip for documentation
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Here it is
Sent from my iPhone
On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 8:29 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning John,
It looks like the wire cleared and funds have been transferred to your account as of this morning. I won't be home to sign for a Fed Ex delivery tomorrow or Friday, so can you ship to a nearby Fed Ex location that I can go and pick it up? The closest one to me is located at:
FedEx Office Print & Ship Center
10400 Little Patuxent Pkwy
Columbia, MD 21044
(410) 964-9891
Can you please confirm you've received the funds and provide tracking information once you ship? Thanks and have a great day.
Steve DeVore
On Sep 21, 2016, at 8:35 AM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Sure I did get the funds.
I will do as you said,
I will keep you posted with tracking info.
Thanks again
On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning John,
Will you be shipping today? Sorry to pester, just a little anxious as I haven't gone this route before. Thanks
Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 22, 2016, at 8:15 AM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
I fully understand, my bad I haven't shipped yet
Planning on shipping on my way to the office this morning
It's still very early here
As soon as I do that I will update you
Thanks for your understanding
Goff
On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 7:16 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Assuming you weren't able to ship yesterday, so can you today?
Sent from my iPhone
On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning John,
I know it's still early there in CA, but can you please provide an update today? Will you be shipping today? It's been 2 days since I've heard from you and I'm growing concerned. Thanks
On Sep 24, 2016, at 12:44 PM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning steve,
hope you are doing good?
i'm really sorry for the delay in shipment.. i have been having little health issues... i thought i will able before now but i have been in the hospital since.
i have instructed my secretary to have the watch shipped FedEx overnight on Monday as it won't be possible today. the shipment would be done first thing monday morning for tuesday deliver.
please advice which of the two addresses would be more convenient for you for Tuesday delivery.
Thanks
On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm terribly sorry to hear you're not well and in the hospital. I didn't know so I'm sorry to have followed up like I did. I was getting nervous after sending a large amount of money and not knowing what was happening. I guess my mind went to a crazy place given all the horrible stories you hear.
Please still have it sent to the Fed Ex location in Columbia, MD. Can you have your secretary provide confirmation? Thanks and I hope you feel better soon.
Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 24, 2016, at 6:51 PM, John Goff <latimes111@gmail.com> wrote:
i will send you the tracking as soon as she ships it out on monday.
Thanks again
On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 8:21 PM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi John,
Hope you're feeling better. Did she ship today?
Sent from my iPhone
On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi John,
Can you provide an update please? You said this would be shipped first thing Monday with a delivery of today, yet I haven't heard anything.
On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 6:01 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Below is a message that I just sent to you as a private message on The Rolex Forums. This is based on you've again posted "bump" on the sales thread for the watch I've already sent you money for. This is incredibly troubling to me and not sure how or why you're posting there but not responding to my requests for updates to commitments you've made repeatedly. I need to hear from you today one way or the other. At this point, we need to finalize this whole ordeal by you sending me what I've paid for, or giving me my money back right away. I've run out of patience and not sure I can give the benefit of the doubt anymore. You were extremely communicative upfront and now that's not the case. While you didn't have a ton of history on the forum, you are a Pledge member and had a number of posts so I thought with all of this you seemed as a stand-up person. I'm highly doubting that given the pattern over the past week. If you are truly in the hospital, that's bad but not sure why you'd be posting there about bumping this watch and not concluding our deal. Please get back to me today or I'll need to elevate this further thru the banks and on the forum.

How is it that you're posting to "bump" this thread again when you've already received money from me for this very watch? In fact, you've posted bump here 3 times since you and I supposedly made this deal and I've sent you money for this. This is pretty suspect and I need to hear from you today, Wednesday 9/28. I've sent you 2 messages over the past 2 days that you've not responded to. This after we communicated twice on Saturday with you saying you'd have your secretary ship first thing Monday morning and you'd provide an update with tracking.
On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 10:14 AM, Steve DeVore <smdevore31@gmail.com> wrote:
Unfortunately, after my repeated attempts to get an update from you since you last communicated with me on Saturday, again confirming a shipment of the watch was going to happen, I still haven't heard from you now 4 days later. I am quite disappointed and see no other alternative but to process a redraw of funds from the wire I sent you last week. I spoke with the bank last night and will be processing this today. I know that they will contact Wells Fargo who will then contact you; please do the right thing and refund my money back to me. This whole ordeal has been pretty stressful as I don't have this type of money to lose. I never envisioned this ordeal playing out like this and just want it to be over
Next time either use Paypal or AMEX. Sorry, hopefully you get your money back.
Old 5 October 2016, 05:17 AM   #5
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
I'd be looking in to the name on the account too, Sophia Goff. LinkedIn provides three profiles for that name, all in California.
I'd be doing everything possible, call the bank up and tell them the whole story. If they're no help at the branch level keep escalating. Maybe involve police in that jurisdiction...
Sophia Goff:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sophia-g...%3ANAME_SEARCH

Best of luck, OP. Hope you're able to recover.
Old 5 October 2016, 05:20 AM   #6
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Terrible,good luck I hope it works out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 October 2016, 05:27 AM   #7
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
I'm sorry about your situation. I hope everything works out.
Old 5 October 2016, 05:38 AM   #8
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
This is bad. Hope it works out for you. I'd call the police and report it as theft.
Old 5 October 2016, 05:51 AM   #9
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
This is like my worst nightmare. I would contact the bank and try to get some kind of address or business attached to the account.

Doing research on sellers is probably the most important part of a transaction. You're pretty new so I guess you may of not known all the process before buying over the forums. Hope it all turns out for you.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Old 5 October 2016, 06:04 AM   #10
cpark
"TRF" Member

This is something that worries me about buying a Rolex from someone who is not one of the most well known traders on TRF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 5 October 2016, 06:26 AM   #11
Smdevore31
"TRF" Member

Thanks all for your well wishes and insights thus far, I really appreciate it.
Old 5 October 2016, 08:08 AM   #12
roaddog359
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy
I was looking at that watch too and almost PMed him. But my spidey senses were on alert for some reason. Now I know. Call his and you bank to see if they can place hold on money. Also contact your local police and document this incident. Then the police can contact his jurisdiction and notify them and see if he has any criminal history. Good Luck!!
Old 5 October 2016, 02:26 PM   #13
roaddog359
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddog359 View Post
I was looking at that watch too and almost PMed him. But my spidey senses were on alert for some reason. Now I know. Call his and you bank to see if they can place hold on money. Also contact your local police and document this incident. Then the police can contact his jurisdiction and notify them and see if he has any criminal history. Good Luck!!
I take my previous statement back. I just figured out I emailed that guy too on 10-3-16 and he responded to me at 2:09am on 10-4-16 but under a different name thats why I did not make the connection at first.

SEE BELOW
The piece comes complete just as purchased BNIB from the AD.
i'm in Texas, how about you?
The watch is completely flawless and could pass for a new one. The watch has no dents or scratches, it still has some of the protective stickers on.
check attachment for requested pictures.
Thanks

However the name on the same email account was John Delarosa
the watch was bought at Harold Freeman jewelers on 4-15-16 I think its in Florida. I provided the serial number of the watch to the OP in a lengthy PM along with other info that may help any investigation. I could have been a victim also if I did not make the connection and read this thread! So for that I thank the OP for posting this info up ASAP!

Last edited by roaddog359; 5 October 2016 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: added date watch was sold from jewelers
Old 5 October 2016, 04:59 PM   #14
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddog359 View Post
I take my previous statement back. I just figured out I emailed that guy too on 10-3-16 and he responded to me at 2:09am on 10-4-16 but under a different name thats why I did not make the connection at first.

SEE BELOW
The piece comes complete just as purchased BNIB from the AD.
i'm in Texas, how about you?
The watch is completely flawless and could pass for a new one. The watch has no dents or scratches, it still has some of the protective stickers on.
check attachment for requested pictures.
Thanks

However the name on the same email account was John Delarosa
the watch was bought at Harold Freeman jewelers on 4-15-16 I think its in Florida. I provided the serial number of the watch to the OP in a lengthy PM along with other info that may help any investigation. I could have been a victim also if I did not make the connection and read this thread! So for that I thank the OP for posting this info up ASAP!
I hope there's no connection to member frankdelarosa also in Texas who just pledged and is eager to start selling?
Old 5 October 2016, 05:32 PM   #15
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
I hope there's no connection to member frankdelarosa also in Texas who just pledged and is eager to start selling?
Great sleuthing there Mon, and thanks to roaddogs extra info, with a few to many common denominators and coincidences, this newer pledge member frankdelarosa is almost certainly the cunning scum bag who has committed fraud on the OP of this thread!!
For the forums safety, that frankdelarosa account has been banned before he can even list, and more possible info to track this guy down is hopefully at hand....

Thank you Mon, and roaddog!

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
Old 5 October 2016, 05:45 PM   #16
MonBK
Banned

Good job Rob.

Old 1 November 2016, 01:46 PM   #17
HeartRolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEXROLEXROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Where in Texas? I'm checking FB and see a few Frank Delarosa's.

This is the kind of person you wish you could wait in the bushes for, with a baseball bat in hand.

Best of luck recovering your money and please use PayPal next time.
Old 5 October 2016, 10:11 AM   #18
rolexlover85
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear this- my account was recently hacked. A buyer almost paypaled someone claiming to be me. He was pressing the supposed seller for a picture of a drivers license next to the watch. When the supposed seller didn't provide the buyer decided to look me up and called me. I told him My account had been hacked and saved him his money. This is scary and you have to ask 1000 questions.
Old 5 October 2016, 01:59 PM   #19
BrazenC5
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1665,1675,1680,SD4
Since this crosses state lines and constitutes wire fraud, I would report the crime to the FBI.

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk
Old 5 October 2016, 02:02 PM   #20
BrazenC5
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1665,1675,1680,SD4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazenC5 View Post
Since this crosses state lines and constitutes wire fraud, I would report the crime to the FBI.

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us

Hate to mention, but I looked up where Hanford, Ca is and it's in a very rural agriculture town. Wouldnt expect many Rolex transactions there.

Old 5 October 2016, 06:31 PM   #21
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Great work guys.cheers for keeping us members safe from these scammers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 October 2016, 10:11 PM   #22
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
+1
Old 5 October 2016, 10:28 PM   #23
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Sorry to hear this but a good lesson for others to NOT send a bank transfer to anyone without a solid record of selling here and who has more to lose than you if he is called out and shut down here. Use a credit card and paypal or meet in person otherwise.
Old 5 October 2016, 11:10 PM   #24
roaddog359
"TRF" Member

Well needless to say Mr. John Delarosa or whatever his name is never emailed me back after I replied to him and informed him I am a a Police officer for 25+ years. Go figure! I only wonder how many bogus gmail accounts and names he has and if he has scammed others here or on other forums? Someone mentioned a Frank Delarosa, I will bet its one and the same scammer. So now we have 3 names for this scammer! What did he post on here and was it his 1st post? or what?

(moderator)
If these are pledge members is there anyway to find out where the money is coming from? And who is donating it?
Old 6 October 2016, 11:12 PM   #25
RKTudor
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor 79090 blue
Have the moderators looked at IP addresses? I thought I remember a mod saying that can be done??
Old 7 October 2016, 02:24 AM   #26
Cobain
"TRF" Member

Is it really a good solution to just ban them? what if really something happened and they could not be reached. And now are unable to respond and defend themselves.

It is a guilty til proven innocent system that does not work.
Old 7 October 2016, 02:50 AM   #27
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobain View Post
Is it really a good solution to just ban them? what if really something happened and they could not be reached. And now are unable to respond and defend themselves.

It is a guilty til proven innocent system that does not work.
I don't think anyone gets banned on a "whim" From what I see there is a lot of cross checking and IP addresses!
But sometimes, "when in doubt" - protect the members of this site.
Old 7 October 2016, 02:50 AM   #28
walds11
"TRF" Member

I'm really sorry about this. Any updates?
Old 7 October 2016, 02:46 PM   #29
rolehex
2024 Pledge Member

This makes my blood boil. I sure hope this punk gets caught.
Old 8 October 2016, 03:08 AM   #30
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Sorry to hear about this situation, OP. I know it's hindsignt but for someone with little to zero feedback on prior transactions, a PayPal payment is well worth the 3% fee.
Closed Thread