The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 28 August 2008, 09:32 AM   #1
SCman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Date
Trusted websites for a used Rolex

I'm a new member and I'm looking for a used SS DJ. I searched the forum for some good websites to buy from but mostly all I get is ones to stay away from. That helps a lot but I would like to know the best places to buy with good prices. I've checked out A&E and the prices look a little high. And a couple people said stay away from swiss-wrist which I was also looking at. So please let me know of sites you guys have used so I can pick up my first Rolex.
Thanks,
Lee
SCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2008, 09:44 AM   #2
mike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCman View Post
I'm a new member and I'm looking for a used SS DJ. I searched the forum for some good websites to buy from but mostly all I get is ones to stay away from. That helps a lot but I would like to know the best places to buy with good prices. I've checked out A&E and the prices look a little high. And a couple people said stay away from swiss-wrist which I was also looking at. So please let me know of sites you guys have used so I can pick up my first Rolex.
Thanks,
Lee
Pricing depends on condition, but sites I have done business with with excellent results (vintage). Understand others may have a different view.

http://www.pduggan.com/

http://www.bernardwatch.com/

http://www.watchcommander.com/
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2008, 03:25 PM   #3
JBIZZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Datejust
You can find them on ebay for around $1500 and up, depending on the age, condition, and if they have box/papers or not. Make sure the seller has lots of positive feedback, is located in the U.S., and accepts returns. You can also post pics of them on here to get an indication from others if they are real or not. You may need to get the watch serviced if bought used. I would also recommend using Pay-Pal, for added protection.
JBIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2008, 05:40 PM   #4
scottschoe
"TRF" Member

alan furman or swiss luxury
Old 29 August 2008, 04:11 AM   #5
Pathagarus

DeMesy is also a reputable dealer.
Pathagarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2008, 12:45 PM   #6
SCman
"TRF" Member

Thanks for all the nice site. I've been looking on ebay and I found one I like. If you guys could check this one out for me. The price seems fair to me and I can always make a lower offer. And corect me if I'm wrong but this would be an acrylic crystal. Is that somthing I should worry about?
Thanks,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mens-Rolex-Date-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 30 August 2008, 12:38 AM   #7
MITS

My personal opinion: I wouldn't trust ANY site...
MITS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2008, 01:22 AM   #8
Noonan
Banned

Watch: 3570.50
watchestobuy.com has a good reputation. I was very close to buying a Tudor from them. They are based out of Ontario if I remember correctly.
Noonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2008, 03:34 AM   #9
Tomrose11

Watch: Submariner
Icon14 swiss-wrist.com

Not sure why or who told you to stay away from swiss-wrist. They are a reputable dealer, I have bought from them twice in the past and have posted about them on this forum many times before. Two forum members consequently bought from them after talking to me and they were quite impressed to say the least, with their pricing, service and the purchase.
Look them up, www.swisswrist.com
Tomrose11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2008, 08:15 AM   #10
SCman
"TRF" Member

Thanks Tomrose, I think they look like a legit company but a few people said that some of the pictures are the same on watches listed. The prices seem fair for the DJ's I'm looking at because most of them have aftermarket bezels and dials but that really doesn't bother me. I guess I'll keep looking but I think I'll be buying somthing soon.
Old 2 September 2008, 07:20 PM   #11
nch209
"TRF" Member

I have sold to Daryll at Swiss Luxary with excelent results. He has treated me very well in the past. PM me if you need any more details.
Old 2 September 2008, 11:37 PM   #12
bewithabob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona Meteorite
bernard was excellent

116509 Daytona Meteorite, 116520 Daytona Black, 116710 GMTIIC, 16013 DATEJUST,
CARTIER SANTOS 100 W20090X8, IWC Big Pilot, IWC Top Gun

"Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end."
bewithabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2008, 08:13 AM   #13
VtailFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewithabob View Post
bernard was excellent
Seconded!
VtailFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2008, 01:28 AM   #14
DaveN
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II TT 116713
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtailFlyer View Post
Seconded!
Bought 2 watches from them. Highly recommended...
DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2008, 03:53 AM   #15
fsouth
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex daytona
trust

I have had great experience with Bob Wingate at www.tic-tock.com .

Great guy, dependable and very trustworthy!
fsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2008, 12:13 PM   #16
kwmeo
"TRF" Member

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have done a search on this site for Swiss-wrist.com, and have read the reviews. I spoke with Daniel from swiss wrist he is the sales manager, as for the photos he is aware that they are not of the actual watch, he explained that he does not post those photos someone else does. He did send me the actual photos of the watch that I was interested in and was very patient with me over the phone, he also guaranteed that the watch I was interested in would be 100% satisfactory. Has anyone else purchased any watches from them recently? please advise. Thankyou.
kwmeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2008, 02:58 AM   #17
Celticscrazy31
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Anything
Bought a watch from swiss wrist, in September, was nervous to say the least. The Sales Manager, answered every question, in every one of my seven or so phone calls. I went with my gut in the end. (must have spoken to a dozen diffrent companies). To name alan Furman and DJB. Went over to Paul Duggan and Co to get it checked out (the guy literally insisted that I take the watch to someone local, the day I got it) , I am happy to say, that my Crazy Heavy President is 100% authentic. Watch was New as described, diamond dial was factory set and the price was over $9000 below what Lux Bond & Green wanted for the same exact watch, same serial, even with their kind offer of 10% off. These guys are solid, through and through. I scan this forum everytime I go on a rolex thirst. When I saw this posting, I joined so that I could post my expierance. I checked through their site and and called and asked about the photos, asked the guy about the submariner buckle, he says that the clasp in the photo is original and certainly the way they were made in the 1990's. On the GMT pics he was straight up and honest in telling me that, they stock every watch they sell, some of their watches if they have the time get photographed others will be a picture of another watch long sold but condition and description is always solid. I found it strange how some people on this forum where unsure of them, and I had not one issue? I am sure my watch is the real deal, but the wife is nagging about her watch and I think a rolex its going to be, their price for a matching woman's model is also very attractive. Anyone buy from them recently?
Celticscrazy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2008, 12:28 PM   #18
shogan191

I have purchased a Date Just from BeckerTime. They were excellent to deal with. They post the pic of the actual watch with a rundown of the condition including any specific marks, issues, dings or unusual wear. I had the watch I purchased inspected by an Authorized Dealer and he found that the watch and band were all original. Beckertime also allows for me to trade my previously purchased watch towards a new purchase. I just sent my Date just in as a trade for a Yacht-Master. I've been wearing the Date Just the past year. It looked excellent and kept good time.

I'll let you know how the transaction ends.

Sorry about the quality of the pic. It looked a lot better in person. LOL
shogan191 is offline   Reply With Quote