The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 29 December 2022, 03:23 AM   #1
KrakenCali
"TRF" Member

Experience with Tourneau

Almost 2023 and still no luck getting off the AD waitlists!

I may just buy a used Rolex at this point. Is Tourneau a solid option? They have a good website with decent inventory and pricing for the models I am interested in. Has anyone had issues dealing with them?
KrakenCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2022, 03:29 AM   #2
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's complicated
I've had a positive experience with them, but I am certain you will see people jump into this thread talking about how they price 30-50% above "trusted sellers." In terms of a "solid" option, that depends on what your definition of solid is.
Trailboss516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2022, 03:34 AM   #3
Yadi_Collector
"TRF" Member

I would lean to supporting any other secondary seller than Tourneau. I believe that they are a part of the problem and not the solution. The shop in the mall near me never has any inventory and on more than one occasion I have seen them selling to the same buyer. Their list is really just for show, and if you want a Rolex from them there is some type of pay to play system in place.
Yadi_Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2022, 03:39 AM   #4
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
Tourneau is fine for buying new, but I would never purchase a second hand model from them… never been a fan of their post-sales service department and they tend to have the highest prices around.
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2022, 03:40 AM   #5
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
If you're comfortable with the pricing as you have said, they would be fine to deal with. Some folks feel they may not be the most competitive on prices. They can charge more because of their huge brick and mortar stores and longevity of the firm over some newer firm which deals solely over the net. Plus, their overhead is a lot more.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2022, 03:42 AM   #6
SudiYunus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier Panthere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadi_Collector View Post
I would lean to supporting any other secondary seller than Tourneau. I believe that they are a part of the problem and not the solution. The shop in the mall near me never has any inventory and on more than one occasion I have seen them selling to the same buyer. Their list is really just for show, and if you want a Rolex from them there is some type of pay to play system in place.
DJ 36 White Dial ,CasiOak
Sub ND
SudiYunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2022, 04:27 AM   #7
rolexandlange
"TRF" Member

I have had great experiences with pre owned non-Rolex at Tourneau, and brand new Rolex from Tourneau as Rolex AD. If you find something you like in the pre-owned space, it helps improve your client status with the company for Rolex allocations should you desire a piece in high demand, based on my experience. Your mileage may vary.
rolexandlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2022, 05:06 AM   #8
Car32
"TRF" Member

The advantage is you can see the pieces in person before buying. The disadvantage is they tend to be over polished and higher priced. But every once in awhile i see a piece that seems to be in good (not over polished) condition.
Car32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2022, 05:28 AM   #9
messikens
"TRF" Member

I took a look at their preowned a few months ago in NYC and it was pretty appalling.

Polished but claimed not to be, links missing for some watches, outrageous prices.

I'd suggest you go grey rather than support the retail location ripoff taking place there.

In regards to "improving your standing", I don't think so. You'd have to purchase several overpriced CPO pieces to "improve" over higher margined jewelry purchases. At that point you can buy your desired piece outright from a grey
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2022, 05:35 AM   #10
KrakenCali
"TRF" Member

I didn't realize Tourneau had pre-owned pieces on display at the brick and mortar stores.

I've been looking at used explorers I and II online and Tourneau prices seem in line with other websites, maybe even a bit lower actually for these less desirable sport rolexes...not sure if it's the same for subs and GMT etc.

Of the websites that may be less expensive than Tourneau, anyone have a favorite?
Old 29 December 2022, 05:37 AM   #11
KrakenCali
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
I took a look at their preowned a few months ago in NYC and it was pretty appalling.

Polished but claimed not to be, links missing for some watches, outrageous prices.

I'd suggest you go grey rather than support the retail location ripoff taking place there.

In regards to "improving your standing", I don't think so. You'd have to purchase several overpriced CPO pieces to "improve" over higher margined jewelry purchases. At that point you can buy your desired piece outright from a grey
What is considered gray market? I thought Tourneau was both an AD and in the grey market? I assumed it meant anything not new from the AD where the papers are in your name.
Old 29 December 2022, 05:54 AM   #12
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrakenCali View Post
What is considered gray market? I thought Tourneau was both an AD and in the grey market? I assumed it meant anything not new from the AD where the papers are in your name.
No.. Grey Market watches are always new, they are not used/secondary market products. Tourneau sells new at their authorized outlets, and used watches.

The Grey Market is imported, bypassing the Authorized Distributor and dumped into the market outside of the authorized distribution network. They are watches that have never been sold to a Retail Market Customer.

Many Forum members misuse the term and lump anything not from an AD as a Grey watch, but they aren't.