The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 5 February 2016, 03:19 AM   #1
Schafer94
"TRF" Member

Help Me in Purchasing a Snoopy

I've been calling and emailing about 100+ omega retailers looking for a snoopy silver speedy. Only 1 out of the 100 retailers had one in stock. The catch is someone else has it reserved. They said they would drop the reserve in less than a week if the buyer doesn't pick it up. My question to you is, if I go in there with cash and offer to buy it do you think they'd decline? Please help. This will be my first big watch purchase. I'm super excited.
Schafer94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2016, 04:19 AM   #2
mudd
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
DavidSW has one in stock. It's 14.5k though.
mudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2016, 04:51 AM   #3
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schafer94 View Post
I've been calling and emailing about 100+ omega retailers looking for a snoopy silver speedy. Only 1 out of the 100 retailers had one in stock. The catch is someone else has it reserved. They said they would drop the reserve in less than a week if the buyer doesn't pick it up. My question to you is, if I go in there with cash and offer to buy it do you think they'd decline? Please help. This will be my first big watch purchase. I'm super excited.
If it's held for a customer. Yes they'd decline usually.....especially if the guy has a relationship with the AD (I'm assuming this can't be a Boutique because they have an official waiting list to move allocations to and there's no way they'd release it to someone that just called in). Better to ask seriously to say you'd bring the cash in person and see if they budge....my guess would be no. I was late in wanting in on the watch as well (back in September 2015) and was on the Boutique's official waiting list they submitted to corporate, someone changed their mind in December and I'm officially on the allocated list with a full deposit and still waiting.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2016, 06:37 AM   #4
TheBluePrince
"TRF" Member

These will fall in price soon. Supply is now matching if not exceeding demand as deliveries are in full flow. C24 is full of them at silly prices not selling. If dealers want to sell them they will have to reduce prices.
TheBluePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2016, 11:48 AM   #5
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluePrince View Post
These will fall in price soon. Supply is now matching if not exceeding demand as deliveries are in full flow. C24 is full of them at silly prices not selling. If dealers want to sell them they will have to reduce prices.
Umm, I think you are incorrect.

Supply will never catch up with demand. They are only producing a small amount.

Any new ones coming into the market are just being manufactured now. But they are part of the total grouping.

I've been asking my boutique for many months. They told me, no chance. Not possible.

Months later literally just told me they MIGHT be able to get me one.

Omega just got another one into their network. I kid you not the boutique manager and my sales guy both lobbying for me. And that's only because I've been a long term customer and have bought many from them over the years.

I believe this will be a true collectors watch.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2016, 12:18 PM   #6
toolr
2024 Pledge Member

I believe that once the initial "have to have one now" subsides the prices will come down to a reasonable level. I remember when the Rolex Milgauss GV came out they were going for upwards of $18K on the web... wonder what those who bought then are thinking now.
toolr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2016, 01:09 PM   #7
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

I just got off with my boutique after they called me about some watches that came back from service and they told me they're still slowly trickling in. I'm on the allocated list and still patiently waiting with a full deposit. We shall see...I'm not planning to resell so I could care less about value, it's a beautiful piece.
Old 9 February 2016, 01:57 PM   #8
soundserious
"TRF" Member

Had no idea prices on these was so high. Awesome watch.

But waiting is the smart choice.
Old 10 February 2016, 08:38 AM   #9
crazycarlitos
"TRF" Member

beautiful watch... I want one too. hahaha

just wondering if it justifies the big price difference vs the new SM 300 MC (u can pick up a new one for less than $4500)

thoughts?
Old 10 February 2016, 08:59 AM   #10
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos View Post
beautiful watch... I want one too. hahaha

just wondering if it justifies the big price difference vs the new SM 300 MC (u can pick up a new one for less than $4500)

thoughts?
Totally different watches with different purpose/fans. I own the the Spectre version of that watch and it's a great piece for what it is. Timeless design (revival of the original Seamaster 300), Omega's latest in house coaxial movement, and a slick Liquid Metal Bezel to boot. Really versatile.

The Snoopy is a collector watch for fans of space travel and Omega's Snoopy award heritage. Beautiful watch in its own right with the enamel caseback/iconic dial with Snoopy and various nods but it's using the old 1861 wind up movement as a tribute to the Speedmaster heritage.

It depends on what you want....but these 2 are completely different pieces in their own rights.
Old 10 February 2016, 10:06 AM   #11
crazycarlitos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
Totally different watches with different purpose/fans. I own the the Spectre version of that watch and it's a great piece for what it is. Timeless design (revival of the original Seamaster 300), Omega's latest in house coaxial movement, and a slick Liquid Metal Bezel to boot. Really versatile.

The Snoopy is a collector watch for fans of space travel and Omega's Snoopy award heritage. Beautiful watch in its own right with the enamel caseback/iconic dial with Snoopy and various nods but it's using the old 1861 wind up movement as a tribute to the Speedmaster heritage.

It depends on what you want....but these 2 are completely different pieces in their own rights.
haha sorry.. my bad

must have had a Homer moment this morning. Doh !

for some reason, I thought the OP wanted the SPECTRE omega

good luck on ur hunt OP
Old 10 February 2016, 10:34 PM   #12
TheBluePrince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Umm, I think you are incorrect.

Supply will never catch up with demand. They are only producing a small amount.

Any new ones coming into the market are just being manufactured now. But they are part of the total grouping.

I've been asking my boutique for many months. They told me, no chance. Not possible.

Months later literally just told me they MIGHT be able to get me one.

Omega just got another one into their network. I kid you not the boutique manager and my sales guy both lobbying for me. And that's only because I've been a long term customer and have bought many from them over the years.

I believe this will be a true collectors watch.
Prices went crazy up initially because demand exceeded supply available. Omega only supplied a few to dealers then had major production issues and so stopped supply for a while.

Now production has resumed and supply is exceeding demand. There are about a dozen for sale on C24 and growing every week at silly prices that no-one is paying.

If those who have them to sell now want to make sales they will have to reduce prices. No-one is buying at the high prices now that people know more and more are entering the market.
Old 11 February 2016, 06:56 AM   #13
jinikari01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Wow. 14.5k.
I too would tell you to wait.
jinikari01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2016, 02:26 PM   #14
rollyp
"TRF" Member

Watch: where your hand is
Quote:
Prices went crazy up initially because demand exceeded supply available. Omega only supplied a few to dealers then had major production issues and so stopped supply for a while.

Now production has resumed and supply is exceeding demand. There are about a dozen for sale on C24 and growing every week at silly prices that no-one is paying.

If those who have them to sell now want to make sales they will have to reduce prices. No-one is buying at the high prices now that people know more and more are entering the market.
I've been calling around locally and the dealers I've spoken to thus far have told me they are all sold out and have been so for quite some time. On top of that, there are waiting lists in case of cancellations but most aren't even taking names anymore. Would be great if supply was exceeding demand, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
rollyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2016, 06:48 PM   #15
TheBluePrince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollyp View Post
I've been calling around locally and the dealers I've spoken to thus far have told me they are all sold out and have been so for quite some time. On top of that, there are waiting lists in case of cancellations but most aren't even taking names anymore. Would be great if supply was exceeding demand, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
I mean that although they're all spoken for, many of the buyers are just buying them to flip to try to make a profit, evidenced by the deluge of them on C24 now. None of them are selling for the inflated prices anymore, thus supply is exceeding demand at the offered level. If sellers want to sell they need to reduce prices.
Old 12 February 2016, 03:14 AM   #16
rollyp
"TRF" Member

Watch: where your hand is
Quote:
I mean that although they're all spoken for, many of the buyers are just buying them to flip to try to make a profit, evidenced by the deluge of them on C24 now. None of them are selling for the inflated prices anymore, thus supply is exceeding demand at the offered level. If sellers want to sell they need to reduce prices.
Thanks for the clarification. When I get some free time I'm going to call a few more dealers. You never know, somebody in some small town might have one freed up.

When I was looking for my Patek 5711 blue dial, I called every dealer in the U.S. and most told me they have a long waiting list, it's 2-3 years, etc. But a few dealers took my name, and we also just had a new AD open up here in town and I was first on the list. Lo and behold, within 2 1/2 months I was offered 3 and went with my local AD.

I know it's a slightly different situation here, being that it's a limited production. But I have a feeling there might be a few Snoopys that become available. Will definitely report back.
rollyp is offline   Reply With Quote