The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 July 2011, 04:47 AM   #1
wedgeman

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Location of Authorized Rolex Service Centers In California

Hi I need a list or links showing where the Authorized Rolex Service centers are in Southern California or any place close to San Diego CA, Thanks
wedgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2011, 04:52 AM   #2
Rolex-Girl

I think you can find that on the Rolex website under dealer locations.
Rolex-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2011, 04:52 AM   #3
steve1985
"TRF" Member

None. Only in NY and Dallas

steve1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2011, 05:03 AM   #4
Grissom
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc 18K/SS
Ben Bridge in UTC, however, has a Rolex Certified watchmaker, if you are looking for local warrantee service.....

Who else needs an Intervention?
(109 297) (137 237) (73 115) (221) (23) (56) (229) P-Club Member #5

RIP JJ Irani - TRF Legend
Grissom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2011, 06:27 AM   #5
OysterDavid
Banned

Terminology

In the USA, there are 3 tiers of Rolex servicing...the first and perhaps the most 'official' is the Rolex Service Center...NY and Dallas. These two facilities are owned and operated by Rolex USA, have the full compliment of parts, including bracelets, dials and bezels, keep the secrets and integrity of the Rolex line.

The 'second' tier is the 'Authorized Service Center' and there are two of those...San Francisco and Chicago. These two facilities are owned and operated independently and harken back to an earlier era when Rolex only had NY and allowed a very small number of independent watchmakers to take the franchise. These too have access to the entire parts catalog and also, and this is important, have the freedom to work on older Rolex watches that are refused at the RSC's. Judging from what people here quote in the way of prices, these two Authroized facilities can and do charge a bit more than the standard pricing of the RSC. People here and on other forums love these facilities because they can meet and greet the actual owner/watchmakers and interact through the service process.

Finally, there are the watch repair people who've acquired the credentials and pass inspections to have access to the Rolex parts, with some notable exceptions such as dials and bezels and bracelets...but full movement parts. Often in the forums, these people are referred to as 'Certified', but in fact, there have been no official Rolex certifications for many years...what they do have is the proven knowledge, the expensive equipment and approved facilities that are regularly inspected so that when Rolex sells them a part, the watch owner and Rolex have the assurance that the job will be done to factory specification and reflect well on the brand and the watchmaker. This category of repair/service facility can service other brands of watches, whereas the RSC and the Authorized places only service Rolex & Tudor.

So, when you ask about "Authorized Rolex Repair" in Southern California...there isn't any such animal...there are the RSC's which will require either a boxed and shipped watch or an expensive plane ticket or the true Authorized Service places in SF and Chicago or an independent watch repair person deemed proficient enough to buy from Rolex the factory approved parts.
OysterDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2011, 07:12 AM   #6
wedgeman

Watch: Rolex Submariner
The watch was just bought yesterday, it is just starting its Warranty. Just looking ahead. Ben Bridge in UTC is where I bought the watch. So they have a certified Rolex Repair Person in house. Thats good to know, so if there is a Problem with the watch in its first 2 years, this certified Rolex person has access to all parts, gaskets, what-ever the watch will need to be serviced? Also this person can over-haul or service and can be trusted with my SUB. I just do not like to ship things if I do not have too. Any way thanks again
wedgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2011, 08:00 AM   #7
OysterDavid
Banned

New watch and warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgeman View Post
The watch was just bought yesterday, it is just starting its Warranty. Just looking ahead. Ben Bridge in UTC is where I bought the watch. So they have a certified Rolex Repair Person in house. Thats good to know, so if there is a Problem with the watch in its first 2 years, this certified Rolex person has access to all parts, gaskets, what-ever the watch will need to be serviced? Also this person can over-haul or service and can be trusted with my SUB. I just do not like to ship things if I do not have too. Any way thanks again
If I had purchased a new watch yesterday from an AD, and there were any problems going beyond perhaps a regulation to tweek the timekeeping after a few weeks or months, I would suck it up and make sure that the watch warranty repair were done by Rolex, because that's what you're paying for when you patronize an AD. Now whether or not I actually shipped the watch to Dallas or NY, or I felt that part of the service aspect of dealing with an AD included them packing it up and shipping it on my behalf, may be open to constructive debate here on the forums, but still, major (as defined by me, the new Rolex owner) issues would be the responsibility of Rolex itself.

After the years have gone by and the watch needed a routine service, well then, if I felt comfortable with the skills of the AD's in house or recommended watchmaker, and I could have the assurance of 'real' Rolex parts being used, then the local person would be on my very short list of people I'd feel comfortable using to service my watch.
OysterDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2011, 10:04 AM   #8
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
His name is Brian, he's usally in the back but will come out and answer any questions or just meet with customers; a very nice guy and nationally known as one of the best Rolex Watchmakers.

BTW, whom did you buy it from? Was it Kim by any chance? She sold me my Daytona.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2011, 07:18 AM   #9
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by OysterDavid View Post
In the USA, there are 3 tiers of Rolex servicing...the first and perhaps the most 'official' is the Rolex Service Center...NY and Dallas. These two facilities are owned and operated by Rolex USA, have the full compliment of parts, including bracelets, dials and bezels, keep the secrets and integrity of the Rolex line.

The 'second' tier is the 'Authorized Service Center' and there are two of those...San Francisco and Chicago. These two facilities are owned and operated independently and harken back to an earlier era when Rolex only had NY and allowed a very small number of independent watchmakers to take the franchise. These too have access to the entire parts catalog and also, and this is important, have the freedom to work on older Rolex watches that are refused at the RSC's. Judging from what people here quote in the way of prices, these two Authroized facilities can and do charge a bit more than the standard pricing of the RSC. People here and on other forums love these facilities because they can meet and greet the actual owner/watchmakers and interact through the service process.

Finally, there are the watch repair people who've acquired the credentials and pass inspections to have access to the Rolex parts, with some notable exceptions such as dials and bezels and bracelets...but full movement parts. Often in the forums, these people are referred to as 'Certified', but in fact, there have been no official Rolex certifications for many years...what they do have is the proven knowledge, the expensive equipment and approved facilities that are regularly inspected so that when Rolex sells them a part, the watch owner and Rolex have the assurance that the job will be done to factory specification and reflect well on the brand and the watchmaker. This category of repair/service facility can service other brands of watches, whereas the RSC and the Authorized places only service Rolex & Tudor.

So, when you ask about "Authorized Rolex Repair" in Southern California...there isn't any such animal...there are the RSC's which will require either a boxed and shipped watch or an expensive plane ticket or the true Authorized Service places in SF and Chicago or an independent watch repair person deemed proficient enough to buy from Rolex the factory approved parts.
Thanks for taking time to break this down. I don't think I have seen this posted before.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2011, 09:38 AM   #10
looking to buy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OysterDavid View Post

Thank you. I never understood this before.
looking to buy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2011, 01:15 PM   #11
Jet
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD/Sub/GMT/Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grissom View Post
Ben Bridge in UTC, however, has a Rolex Certified watchmaker, if you are looking for local warrantee service.....
Agreed!
Also have a Ben Bridge & a Royal Maui in Fashion Valley.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2014, 02:04 PM   #12
Steve748
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT2c & LVc
Does anyone have any experience using Joe Roth in SD?
Steve748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2014, 02:39 PM   #13
slm9555
"TRF" Member

There is a RSC in Beverly Hills but I heard they outsource a lot of their work to Dallas
slm9555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2014, 03:40 PM   #14
Steve748
"TRF" Member

Yes, it is pointless driving to LA and back twice when it can be posted to Dallas and they will deal with you direct.
Old 28 February 2014, 04:06 PM   #15
cali kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, 16613, 024
I've had my watches serviced, in-house, polish of case and totally taken the bracelet apart and brushed/ polished and had a new bezel insert installed at two AD's in Carmel Ca... Hesselbein's and Fourtane's both have on site Rolex trained watchmakers and I've always felt much more comfortable knowing my watches are local and I can talk with the person working on them. Never have I felt the need to send a watch to RSC as both AD's have done fantastic work! Never had to have any warranty work done as all my watches have worked flawlessly until service time...
Old 4 March 2014, 08:55 AM   #16
Frosty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
Yes, it is pointless driving to LA and back twice when it can be posted to Dallas and they will deal with you direct.
There is some satisfaction knowing your watch/s arrived safely because you drove it there and talked to them directly. RSC BH has their own parking lot, so there is no parking problem. This seems like it is worth an hour of my time (one way).
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2014, 10:08 AM   #17
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

The Beverly Hills center is every bit "official". My understanding is that it is walk-in only, so they don't accept watches shipped in. But because of this they don't have near the volume and therefore the turnaround is probably quicker.

Not sure if they will ship a watch back, or if you must also pick it up. Wasn't aware that some tasks get sent to Dallas, but assuming a normal service this probably isn't an issue in most cases. So if it is convenient, you'll save on shipping/insurance and probably get quicker turnaround by going there. Registered mail alone into and out of Dallas or NY is probably 3+ weeks, plus sitting in the longer queues at the two big centers.
Old 5 March 2014, 04:17 AM   #18
Frosty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Ferguson View Post
The Beverly Hills center is every bit "official". My understanding is that it is walk-in only, so they don't accept watches shipped in. But because of this they don't have near the volume and therefore the turnaround is probably quicker.

Not sure if they will ship a watch back, or if you must also pick it up. Wasn't aware that some tasks get sent to Dallas, but assuming a normal service this probably isn't an issue in most cases. So if it is convenient, you'll save on shipping/insurance and probably get quicker turnaround by going there. Registered mail alone into and out of Dallas or NY is probably 3+ weeks, plus sitting in the longer queues at the two big centers.
RSC BH will accept mail-in if it meets their requirements for packaging. Call them to see what the requirments are. I sent a package in and used clear tape. They said they would have accepted it if I had used brown tape.

They will ship a watch back to you. This is all information I got from the nice people at the counter while I waited to have my bezel insert changed.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2014, 04:38 AM   #19
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
RSC BH will accept mail-in if it meets their requirements for packaging. Call them to see what the requirments are. I sent a package in and used clear tape. They said they would have accepted it if I had used brown tape.

They will ship a watch back to you. This is all information I got from the nice people at the counter while I waited to have my bezel insert changed.
Thanks for the correction. IIRC there is something though that's different about the work they take. Maybe they don't take service work sent in from ADs, so they just don't get the volume of NY or Dallas.
Old 28 February 2014, 09:57 PM   #20
Vanessa CW21
TechXpert & 2016 Patron

Brian at UTC is an awesome watchmaker and person to deal with!
I'm in Newport Beach with Jewelers on Time, if you're in the neighborhood you should stop by and show me your watch! :)
I'm a Rolex authorized watchmaker who works at a service center that can buy parts from Rolex.
We service Patek Philippe, IWC, Panerai, Breitling, Omega and pretty much every other brand you can think of as well! :)

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Watch my Rolex repair video: https://youtu.be/jDnaotCTpTA
Vanessa CW21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2014, 02:34 AM   #21
BSOL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many
I had mine serviced at the RSC in Beverly Hills - don't believe they shipped it anywhere as it was completed within 1.5 weeks. It is a bit of a drive for you, however they do great work. Give them a call and find out what services they do on site.
BSOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2014, 03:47 AM   #22
LFFL
"TRF" Member

Beverly Hills location may do certain things in house, but I inquired about a permanent link removal and they said it would need to be shipped off to Dallas, TX for the work to be done.
LFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2014, 07:24 AM   #23
Steve748
"TRF" Member

I have since discovered D's Time Service in the Gaslamp quarter in San Diego and Tom has said he can service and modify if that is what I want.

Beverley Hills send everything to Dallas when I asked them.
Old 4 March 2014, 01:10 PM   #24
slm9555
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have since discovered D's Time Service in the Gaslamp quarter in San Diego and Tom has said he can service and modify if that is what I want.

My old hulk was losing 7-9 seconds per day and tom put it on his machine and told me it was "perfect."
slm9555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2014, 04:53 AM   #25
perpetualman88
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610, 5712/1A
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm9555 View Post
My old hulk was losing 7-9 seconds per day and tom put it on his machine and told me it was "perfect."
with all due respect Stuart, Toms watch analyzer which is the same one Rolex uses in their service centers is more accurate than you timing your watch in one position over a 24 hr period
perpetualman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2018, 12:45 PM   #26
Traveling
Banned

Quote:
Quote:

For SD with anything but new watches, UTC is worthless IMO. Been there, done that, useless....can't even regulate....in reality can't do much other than ship it out....my experience.

For SD, D's is fantastic. Tom can regulate excellently (as well as all else). My experience with Tom is that once he knows you are serious (and not just fluff), he will do things exactly as you request. For example, with my 1675 i prefer about 0.5 - 1 sec fast (if not zero) and he got that perfectly with me.
Traveling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2014, 11:35 AM   #27
Speed
"TRF" Member

San Francisco is an independently owned RSC. I have always received excellent service and know a couple folks on a first name basis.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2014, 01:27 PM   #28
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
San Francisco is an independently owned RSC. I have always received excellent service and know a couple folks on a first name basis.
What exactly does that mean? Are they a licensed and authorized service center for Rolex, or simply an independent repair facility that specializes in Rolex watch repairs.

I guess what I'm asking is if they perform a full service will an official Rolex facility, like Dallas or New York, honor the two year warranty that came with the San Fransisco service?

TIA -
Old 5 March 2014, 10:48 AM   #29
Speed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What exactly does that mean? Are they a licensed and authorized service center for Rolex, or simply an independent repair facility that specializes in Rolex watch repairs.

I guess what I'm asking is if they perform a full service will an official Rolex facility, like Dallas or New York, honor the two year warranty that came with the San Fransisco service?

TIA -

They are licensed by Rolex. But not owned by Rolex.

Any work they do - while perhaps costing more at times - is considered the same as having been performed at a Rolex-owned center. So yes.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2014, 12:23 PM   #30
aardvarkbark
"TRF" Member

Quote:

TIA -
I wanted to ask this again, please. I understand from the subsequent post that SF honors RSC service warranty, but if service is performed at SF, will Dallas and NY RSCs honor threir 2 yr warranty on their service?
aardvarkbark is offline   Reply With Quote