The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 March 2024, 10:47 AM   #1
DarthSimon
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD.Daytona.SD.Subs
1000000 percent real bro. Agree don’t show your serial numbers…
DarthSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 10:27 PM   #2
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Model still showing on Rolex official site but from what I’ve read a particular model can quietly be removed at any time making it then officially discontinued so just have to intermittently check over the coming weeks and months I guess
Paddydog52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 11:07 PM   #3
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Also thought there may have been a 70th anniversary sub released but guess the MK 2 bezel model could have been it therefore no other new sub models out this year
Old 12 April 2024, 09:08 AM   #4
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

The MK1 model was discontinued May last year so no longer produced but guess many people buying the model in general won’t even know or notice the difference in shade between the MK1 and the MK2 hence why the MK1 hasn’t increased in value like you traditionally see with discontinued models
Old 12 April 2024, 09:19 AM   #5
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Is it best to get it serviced straight after the Rolex 5 year warranty ends (which in my case would be mid 2026) or hold off for a further 5 years until 2031? I only ask as I contacted my local Rolex AD today to enquire about a service and he stated that Rolex now recommendeds 10 years between a service being required so I could leave it until then, he said the cost would be £700 which was less than I was expecting and that it would take 6-8 weeks which was longer than I had presumed it would take so it was good to know what the cost and process would be when the time comes.
Old 14 May 2024, 03:13 AM   #6
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Is it right that the MK2 bezel carries a significant premium currently over the MK1? Shouldn’t it be the other way round as one is discontinued? Also if there is such little difference in the bezels to the layman’s eyes then they should have a very similar market value and not the current difference? Guess the reason could be that there are many more MK1 in the market due to its 3 year run compared to the MK2 that has only been in production for 12 months so if the market corrects in two years time the MK1 will be worth more than the MK2 presuming it is still in production in 2 years time?

Thanks
Old 14 May 2024, 08:42 AM   #7
rolex_DateJust
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes please!
I’m a bit lost with this thread. Did you get the watch with the sole intention to sell it? You keep trying to reference sites to see how the market is doing with these watches.

As far as between the MK1 and MK2 bezels, they are both going for around the same price. I haven’t noticed anyone selling a MK1 126610LV for higher than they usually go which is about $15kUSD - 16kUSD.

The choice that will last a lifetime
rolex_DateJust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2024, 09:27 PM   #8
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex_DateJust View Post
I’m a bit lost with this thread. Did you get the watch with the sole intention to sell it? You keep trying to reference sites to see how the market is doing with these watches.

As far as between the MK1 and MK2 bezels, they are both going for around the same price. I haven’t noticed anyone selling a MK1 126610LV for higher than they usually go which is about $15kUSD - 16kUSD.
My understanding was that the MK2 is selling for a premium compared to the MK1, it may be that that is happening more in the UK/europe though
Old Today, 12:12 AM   #9
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex_DateJust View Post

Maybe in the US there isn’t a difference in price but in the UK there clearly is, I always thought that there would be a correlation in a disparity otherwise wouldn’t people from the UK just order from the US and pay the extra shipping cost as they would still be saving around £500 therefore I would suspect that there is a difference in the MK1 and MK2 models stateside also
Old 14 May 2024, 11:11 AM   #10
elau1958
"TRF" Member

Vacheron used laser etching of the Geneva Seal under their crystal about 10 years ago if my memory serves me correctly. Not sure if they still doing it but I think Rolex also has the Crown etched in the crystal for authenticity (not sure what year they start though). You have to look for it at a certain light and angle to find it.

Granted the technology can easily replicated on fake watches so I don't think looking for the laser etched logo carries much weight these days.
elau1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2024, 06:47 AM   #11
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

https://youtu.be/67wlstkuyDw?si=20xTvfgG8CIzN3eL

If you fast forward and watch from 5.50 onwards he states that you can currently pick up the Mk1 bezel for “few thousand pounds less” than the Mk2, can’t say I’ve noticed that much of a disparity personally but he trades watches for a living so should know I guess.
Old 15 May 2024, 12:01 PM   #12
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

For each watch in my collection, I keep all papers, tags, cards, links in a separate plastic bag. Those bags go into another bag for all my watches. Receipts in a different bag. Boxes stored in plastic bags with nothing in them. Watches in suede pouches in safe deposit box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:05 AM   #13
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176385263...mis&media=COPY

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176385272...mis&media=COPY

2021 Starbucks £12750 and a 2024 Starbucks Mk2 bezel £13450 being sold by the same seller, so there is a difference of £700, the only difference is you’re getting 4 years more warranty but that’s obviously not worth paying £700 more for, it is perplexing as it’s the same reference but with a barely noticeable different shade of bezel but the market has decided that there should be a £500-£1000 difference in asking price ��*♂️
Old Today, 01:02 AM   #14
Daytonaman799
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Looks legit. Congrats and enjoy it!
Daytonaman799 is offline   Reply With Quote